Shenmue III will be in Weekly Famitsu [Thurs, 11th April]

It's from this year.

If you read the blurb at the bottom of the screen you'll see the "published 2019" part. Screens from last year had the same blurb, except with 2018.

It is a weekly magazine in Japan. Regardless of the Famitsu name, don't think they're going to do any big reveal for an issue that'll be replaced in 5.8 days. If the monthlly Famitsu, it should've been a bigger deal. One new shot of the forklift suffices, really.

I wouldn't call new gameplay images a "big reveal" for any normal game. It's only a big reveal within the context of the lacklustre marketing that has taken place thus far with Shenmue 3.

You wouldn't? Well... then I dunno what to tell you...

Pretty sure Yu is doing a slow drip across many magazines just to laugh at the collectors who must have every single article about Shenmue haha.

Also, on a more serious note, isn't Japan not being handled by Deep Silver? I'd think YSnet themselves on their own turf have a decent grasp at their Japanese audience maybe not being so needy like plenty of us in the west?

Hey, look, some words and a new forklift reveal screen in my weekly mag--cool! Move on and continue patiently awaiting the game they'll probably be buying regardless. The game they've been sold on since 2015, if not 2002?

I'll definitely try to cover it in some form, either as a summary (if the information's recycled) or translation. The theme of the feature is "Yu Suzuki speaks about the current state of Shenmue III".
TAG

Also can someone post the picture, I can't see twitters...?

Last edited:
Wonder what the YouTube link will be to. Currently an unavailable video.
Oh shit, nice spot Pete.

TAG

Also can someone post the picture, I can't see twitters...?
index.php

Holy shit! Engage the hype thrusters! Man, this is the first screenshot that really ignites the nostalgia. Just wonderful.

Also didn't know Shenmue was in the UK PlayStation magazine. What was it, a feature?

As part of an interview with Yu Suzuki to promote a little Shenmue III , the Japanese weekly Famitsu has offered some information and a single visual, but not least since showing the return of the forklift, in connection with a job well known fans of the series.

So we learn that:

• The scenario begins soon after the end of Shenmue II.
  • Now, Ryo may be hungry and will have to eat from time to time.
  • The little gacha figurines will be back (we knew it) and there will be an interest other than the collection because reselling a complete set will bring you a lot, and we can even trade for technical parchments.
  • The combat system will incorporate many notions of accessibility but those who wish may prefer an old-fashioned gameplay. Probably for "surpassing oneself".
  • There will be a little difference regarding the arcade room. To play money games, you will first need to convert your pennies into chips. If you win a pack of chips, you will then have to exchange them for prizes, which can then be resold to a pawnbroker. An essential diversion: Shenmue III will be sold in China and the local authorities keep a close eye on what could be the apology of gambling.
  • There will be turtle races (happy?) And fishing, with a rather supplied system since we are promised several water points, several types of fishing rods, and competitions.
  • As in the precedents, there will be an economic balance to hold, and more of a way to bail out. For example, besides working with your trolley, you can pick medical herbs in assembly, prepare traditional Chinese medicines with, and resell them.

Last edited:
As part of an interview with Yu Suzuki to promote a little Shenmue III , the Japanese weekly Famitsu has offered some information and a single visual, but not least since showing the return of the forklift, in connection with a job well known fans of the series.

So we learn that:

• The scenario begins soon after the end of Shenmue II.
  • Now, Ryo may be hungry and will have to eat from time to time.
  • The little gacha figurines will be back (we knew it) and there will be an interest other than the collection because reselling a complete set will bring you a lot, and we can even trade for technical parchments.
  • The combat system will incorporate many notions of accessibility but those who wish may prefer an old-fashioned gameplay. Probably for "surpassing oneself".
  • There will be a little difference regarding the arcade room. To play money games, you will first need to convert your pennies into chips. If you win a pack of chips, you will then have to exchange them for prizes, which can then be resold to a pawnbroker. An essential diversion: Shenmue III will be sold in China and the local authorities keep a close eye on what could be the apology of gambling.
  • There will be turtle races (happy?) And fishing, with a rather supplied system since we are promised several water points, several types of fishing rods, and competitions.
  • As in the precedents, there will be an economic balance to hold, and more of a way to bail out. For example, besides working with your trolley, you can pick medical herbs in assembly, prepare traditional Chinese medicines with, and resell them.
You're the mvp.

I'm glad the famitsu interviewer got more info than the usual.

Also, turtle races? De puta madre jajaja

Back