Shenmue III will be in Weekly Famitsu [Thurs, 11th April]

Am i a party pooper if i say Ryo still having dead eyes in an april 2019 screenshot worries me a lot?

Everything else looks Great in that screen, but we still have the damn dead eyes :(

Am i a party pooper if i say Ryo still having dead eyes in an april 2019 screenshot worries me a lot?

Everything else looks Great in that screen, but we still have the damn dead eyes :(
No it's okay, but I would just hope for the best at this point. Not worth worrying about. I mean, pretend the game comes out in august and it's a complete dumpster fire... well at least lets just enjoy these next few months with hopes and dreams lmfao

Like Shenmue 1?

T1MzLwL.jpg

Ryo's eyes are a smear of pixels once you've zoomed in enough to get a good look at his face. I don't know how anybody could say they're dead or lively under those conditions.

It's the nitpickiest of nitpicks, and if I'm being frank just sounds like someone getting lost in their own head with unrealistic standards they expect to be met.

Ryo's eyes are a smear of pixels once you've zoomed in enough to get a good look at his face. I don't know how anybody could say they're dead or lively under those conditions.

It's the nitpickiest of nitpicks, and if I'm being frank just sounds like someone getting lost in their own head with unrealistic standards they expect to be met.
exactly!
How can you judge Ryo's eyes from that image?

To me he looks like he’s staring into the space, theres infact a huge difference with that Shenmue 1 pic.

But i guess im just seeing things, as you totally cant see Ryo’s face in that screen. ?‍♂️

Ah the dead eyes accusation again. Never get the meme though. So excuse my dumb question but seriously what are these dead eyes? And which games do not have dead eyes? Maybe I get it with some reference material ...

Last edited:
I've made a start on a detailed translation of the interview. Only the first section done so far, more to come.

Translation (part 1):
https://www.phantomriverstone.com/2019/04/yu-suzuki-speaks-to-weekly-famitsu-on.html

Well shit some new information and a new interview? You’ve just made my day Switch keep up the great work! Its great to get an idea of how this living economy is going to work. The idea of tying the side quests in with the main story is genius and gives the player more reason to explore the full breadth of Shenmue 3. I particularly like the idea of picking herbs and forming medicines ala Atelier. It makes total sense in the context of the story and feels very Zen lol. Fellas, if you don’t hear from me after August 27th till God knows when it’ll be because I’ll be exploring every inch of the game lol.

Once again, great work Switch and I look forward to part 2!

guilin_srnn.jpg

Over/Under on Elephant Tree Hill/Water Moon Cave being one of the hidden fishing spot locations?

I'd say it's pretty likely. So, I am going 70% chance it is, 20% chance if it's not one, there is one extremely close by, and 10% chance it isn't at all.

Also, I am going 75% chance there is an incredibly rare or extremely unique fish or item nearby.

Also, as for how we're going to fish there, we are 100% going to be in one of those wooden kayaks/canoes out in the distance between the cave.

Last edited:
Back