Shenmue The Animation Announced

Would this really be possible with a 13 episode anime though? I have seen anime shows try this a lot and they more often than not struggle with focusing on multiple characters with that many episodes.
I don't know, maybe is possible but right now i just want to enjoy this moment with positivity, Shenmue helps me dealing with my mother's death, right now i just want to enjoy this announcement. 😊

I do wonder how it's gonna play out. If it's Yokosuka through Bailu then how will it play out over 13 eps? Obviously Yokosuka will be pretty quick. Wan Chai/Kowloon and Guilin would theoretically take up the bulk of the series, right?

I imagine they could always order more episodes, right? Essentially create another "season" to carry through the end of Shenmue II throughout III? I wonder if that's part of the plan, do the first 13 episodes with plans to do another 13 (or however many needed) down the line. I don't know much about anime production, but I look at it similarly to a tv show, where they wouldn't order 3-4 seasons of a tv show right off the bat.

I do wonder how it's gonna play out? If it's Yokosuka through Bailu then how will it play out over 13 eps? Obviously Yokosuka will be pretty quick (like one to three eps I would imagine.) Wan Chai, Kowloon and Guilin would theoretically take up the bulk of the series, right? And then maybe a little of Bailu?

From what I am reading, it's not going to cover all of Shenmue 2, just some of it. If they try and condense all of Shenmue 1 and 2 into a 13 episode anime, then I won't have high hopes for it being very good.

I imagine they could always order more episodes, right? Essentially create another "season" to carry through the end of Shenmue II throughout III? I wonder if that's part of the plan, do the first 13 episodes with plans to do another 13 (or however many needed) down the line. I don't know much about anime production, but I look at it similarly to a tv show, where they wouldn't order 3-4 seasons of a tv show right off the bat.

The anime production company itself is usually in charge of paying for it across all fronts. Hence why Japanese Anime Blu Rays were so damn expensive. It's how they recouped their production costs since airing on Network TV doesn't really recoup what they put in. The production company pays to make it, air it and pays to distribute and license. At least that is my understanding, but things may have changed since then. But that was the way things were done and I imagine it's still the same.

From what I am reading, it's not going to cover all of Shenmue 2, just some of it. If they try and condense all of Shenmue 1 and 2 into a 13 episode anime, then I won't have high hopes for it being very good.

It won't be covering most of the main "story beats" from what we've been lead to believe, though. I think the anime will mainly cover parts that were omitted from the games, such as the boat chapter for instants. Maybe focusing more on supporting characters, like Nozomi.

It’s airing on Adult Swim. That alone is huge. This franchise is gonna have more name recognition than ever before and now a whole new gen of fans will be caught up in time for Shenmue 4. This is big... I wonder who got this going cuz they really pulled off a Hail Mary.

I just want to see it in action now. Can't wait for a teaser or trailer.

As much as I would have preferred a game or something game related, I'm still very much intrigued by this. Any further exposure for the series is good.

That and I've been rewatching the Virtua Fighter anime lately so I've been in a bit of an anime mood lately.

I imagine that has to be the plan, since it sounds like they're going to be re-scripting from the original novelizations.

I ment appearing everywhere. Guess I used the wrong expression. My bad.
No worries! That's what I thought, I just wasn't sure. I'm a Shenmue fan, so I'm always gun shy. :crying:

Just think if this was green lit after 3's release then Yu has been able to tell potential investors he has a franchise with a major anime production coming soon attached. That makes funding another game a less risky proposition which can only be good.
And he’s backed by one of the most popular “alternative” networks for cartoons in the West. All my friends watched Adult Swim when I was in high school. This is massive. We should all be very optimistic about what this means for Shenmue 4...

unknown.png

Wow.

Back