Shenmue World Issue 1 Kickstarter!

Just pledged for 3 mags.💪
Bruce you beast! Can I ask how you did this? - 3 accounts? Thanks so much if so, again sorry about the shipping cost hits in this scenario! Someone was asking me to add a tier for multiple copies...it was something I had thought about...anyways i'd be interested to hear what you did dude :) and thanks again!

I don’t doubt this kickstarter will be a success! But down the line when you make more issues would you be open to taking applications for artists who want to get involved? As an artist myself I‘d love to participate in one of these!
You can pop me a message on here, on twitter, whereever any time dude! For the first Issue I approached some of my favourite artists that i'd seen work from in recent months, but had the hope that if the magazine were to take off, people would approach me. So that is the perfect scenario, and I would love to feature your work of course!

Amazing! I would love to write for this if the opportunity arose :)
This is so awesome. I can't afford to back right now. 😢 The cover is so beautiful, i love this announcement. 😊

The magazine will be available to everyone or just backers? i think i will not be able to back but when it's available i want to buy the magazine, beautiful work and i hope one day this magazine have more issues, thanks again for everything.
It really depends on how close to the goal, if funded the project is. I intend to produce 500 of everything, but started with a mindset of 300 backers, since anything less is not worth it for the costs of all of the items. So if things do go according to plan, I will have some spares that I hope to hold on to incase something goes wrong in shipping or provide limited runs of back orders with future issues for example. But if it means the odd person like yourself missing out for now, I will definitely like to help you :)

Weirdly enough, the number of backers you need at the default pledge level is exactly half of this iteration of the Dojo's highest visitor count for a single day. Was that intentional?
I didn't even know that myself until you mentioned it dude! Not intentional, solely based on the manufacturing costs!

Bruce you beast! Can I ask how you did this? - 3 accounts? Thanks so much if so, again sorry about the shipping cost hits in this scenario! Someone was asking me to add a tier for multiple copies...it was something I had thought about...anyways i'd be interested to hear what you did dude :) and thanks again!
I have 4 different accounts I made to pledge toward the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter. I was gonna reach out to you about the shipping. It would help if you added another tier but honestly its no big deal. I can't wait to read the first issue.💪

If i come to your house dressed as Lan Di trying to take your collection, dont be surprised ;)
I guess I'll have to dress like Iwao😂. "Forgive me for leaving you alone. Keep friends, those you love, and your Shenmue collection close to you." 🤣😂

It really depends on how close to the goal, if funded the project is. I intend to produce 500 of everything, but started with a mindset of 300 backers, since anything less is not worth it for the costs of all of the items. So if things do go according to plan, I will have some spares that I hope to hold on to incase something goes wrong in shipping or provide limited runs of back orders with future issues for example. But if it means the odd person like yourself missing out for now, I will definitely like to help you :)
Thanks James, i really want to buy The Shenmue World magazine, one day if you can sell the magazine for me please let me know. This magazine idea was brilliant, the cover is beautiful, the content looks really interesting, i can see that this was made with a lot of passion, beautiful work. 😊

I have 4 different accounts I made to pledge toward the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter. I was gonna reach out to you about the shipping. It would help if you added another tier but honestly its no big deal. I can't wait to read the first issue.💪
Ahh got you man! I'll have a think and see if I can work something out. I'll be honest though, maybe it's just me thinking this, but I feel like it might look like i'm trying to be greedy by suggesting people to buy more than one copy...and on the other hand, i'd either have to plan for the extra shipping weight, size, and for the packaging required. Like in this case, 3 lots of everything. Because you've paid 3 times essentially, I would probably send you 3 seperate packages, because i'm buying the boxes in bulk to fit if that makes sense. But leave it with me, i'll do a bit of research with the calculator and size, in my head if I just multiply everything by 3, weight, length, height etc, i'll see what damage that does to the US shipping cost for you :) I might also be able to refund you to keep things simple, just for this case if you get me! Again, so appreciated bud!

I backed it and will buy one or two more in December. I hope the first issue won’t be the last. Magazine looks really gorgeous. Thank you, ShenmueDojo! Happy Birthday!
P.S. And I’m very happy you gave me the opportunity to show my artworks!

Last edited:
I backed it and will buy one or two more in December. I hope the first issue won’t be the last. Magazine looks really gorgeous. Thank you, ShenmueDojo! Happy Birthday!
P.S. And I’m very happy you gave me the opportunity to show my artworks!
They are incredible artworks, thank you for letting us use them. Everyone will love them :)

Thank you for backing as well, we really appreciate your support!

I'd love the opportunity to contribute to future issues if possible! One idea could be photo's of us making the pilgrimage to Yokosuka in the form of a map. I have a photo my girlfriend took of me doing "martial arts" (I use the term loosely) in the children's park haha!

I love the Suka Pass app, but another idea could be the biographies of all the residents in book form (perhaps each issue could do A-D, E-H etc)?

Also, i'm excited to hear the Shenwave CD; I love synthwave music, so that's the icing on the cake.

Just thinking out loud here, feel free to ignore if they are rubbish ideas haha.

EDIT: Just thought of those who might have trouble with the P+P. Could you offer a PDF only option? That would help a few people i'm sure :)

Back