The Shenmue 3 Review Thread

Skimmed through that. I think it's a fair piece--very much for the fans; it may make a few more, but it is still a bit archaic. Love it or hate it--there was a huge AAA title a couple of weeks ago that was just as divisive.

Hobby Consolas: 80

LaPS4: 80

I feel like I am in Eurovision giving scores from Spain

Boom! Fucking called it. I said Eurogamer would give it a Recommended (their equivalent to a 8 or 9 out of 10).

Fair play to them, fair words too.

*Still not played it myself yet, but they reviewing style is very well done.

The Resetera reviews thread is predictably infuriating, btw. The same five or six obvious Shenmue 3 haters were ready to declare the game and Yu Suzuki’s career dead in the water based one a couple of fairly middling, but not terribly negative, reviews. Now that better reviews are coming out they’re nowhere to be seen. I don’t understand why people have their knives out for this series. Why does its existence bother them so much?

Last edited:
The Resetera reviews thread is predictably infuriating, btw. The same five or six obvious Shenmue 3 haters were ready to declare the game and Yu Suzuki’s career dead in the water based one a couple of fairly middling, but not terribly negative, reviews. Now that better reviews are coming out they’re nowhere to be seen.

Navigating Resetera is like trying to swim through an ocean of acid. Don't take those clowns seriously.

The Resetera reviews thread is predictably infuriating, btw. The same five or six obvious Shenmue 3 haters were ready to declare the game and Yu Suzuki’s career dead in the water based one a couple of fairly middling, but not terribly negative, reviews. Now that better reviews are coming out they’re nowhere to be seen. I don’t understand why people have their knives out for this series. Why does its existence bother them so much?
Fuck Resetera. Period. Full stop.

The Resetera reviews thread is predictably infuriating, btw. The same five or six obvious Shenmue 3 haters were ready to declare the game and Yu Suzuki’s career dead in the water based one a couple of fairly middling, but not terribly negative, reviews. Now that better reviews are coming out they’re nowhere to be seen.

Yeah, I think someone on the Dojo mentioned that the reviews that are coming in later are likely going to be from reviewers who took their time with the game and therefore enjoyed it more, so we will hopefully see better reviews coming in.

After all, Shenmue games are not supposed to be rushed in order to be the first journalist to publish a review on the game m

I just don’t get why anyone is happy the game might be a flop or a failure. A lot of people were looking forward to it. An industry legend got his second chance. Why are these people so miserable? Because they think Kickstarter is icky?

I just don’t get why anyone is happy the game might be a flop or a failure. A lot of people were looking forward to it. An industry legend got his second chance. Why are these people so miserable? Because they think Kickstarter is icky?

Yeah pretty much due to Kickstarter and other stuff like EGS. When it comes to gaming these days you have the really negative side like Crowbcat, YongYea (btw I do enjoy some of their videos) and the really positive side like Easy Allies.

I think people need to chill and realise games are supposed to be fun lol; many of those miserable people you mention didn’t even back the game, they’re just angry because they feel they have to be

Many people are happy you just have those people who are miserable too.

Because there are a lot of miserable people in the world that get off on outrage. They love it more when it's for a game like this one that has a passionate following.

ResetERA's entire existence is dedicated towards outrage culture and victimizing others. Yu Suzuki is an easy target so I'm not suprised

Why are none of these good reviews showing on Metacritic? Does Hobby Consolas and LaPS4 not count either?

Back