The Shenmue 3 Review Thread

I'd kind of like it if everytime a bad review happens we dont get some blanket "fuck these people" posts too.

This! Seriously, reviewers should be able to score the game whatever they want as long as the review is opinionated and well informed. The criticism on this game is valid and for some reviewers those things will affect their scores more negatively. We shouldn't attack people for giving a low score, especially if you didn't even take the time to read the review.

This! Seriously, reviewers should be able to score the game whatever they want as long as the review is opinionated and well informed. The criticism on this game is valid and for some reviewers those things will affect their scores more negatively. We shouldn't attack people for giving a low score, especially if you didn't even take the time to read the review.
In Sputs defense he was clearly just joking around. Personally, I don't care what you guys say about the reviewers as long as it doesn't devolve to harassing or doxing them.

Not a big outlet (7k followers on Twitter) and I doubt that they are on MC, but is another 8

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before, but looking at the grading scale at Metacritic, for films and games, generally favoured = 61 - 80, yet for games it is 75 - 89. I find that very strange despite their reasoning in the FAQ.

While I think Metacritic is OK in theory, when I heard the story that the makers of Fallout New Vegas were refused a pay bonus because they were 1% away from a Metacritic target; that's when I lost all respect for it. Although, i'm not sure who is worse - the publishers or Metacritic themselves.

Although, i'm not sure who is worse - the publishers or Metacritic themselves.
Theres really no contest, its the publishers, Metacritic don't do anything shady they are just a score aggregate site, they dont deserve to be lumped together for the actions of bethesda, one of the shadiest publishers in the entire medium.

Added navigames and the Metacritic-bound Windowscentral scores to the list

Absolutely. I only criticize the reviews that are unfair like Polygon's and especially "Trusted Reviews". The latter claimed the game would be well recieved in 2005, therefore implying that only newer games are good. The former didn't even play the game, judging by the review that claims the fighting system is unchanged.

I do care about the scores - but only because I'm worried about the future of the franchise. If a Shenmue IV was secured, you wouldn't see me here databasing every single review.

The user score for the PC version is very low, we should fix this!

The 90 from Slant Magazine added to list. As well as a 60 :( from M3.

The 90 helped us stay at 71!

EDIT: That 90 is actually damn good. It's the second 90 we got.
Edit 2: Slant can be extremely harsh, IIRC they gave BoTW a 60. :eek:

Last edited:
I wonder, is there a review critic cutoff point? Like how long does it continue to be added?
Well maybe 7-10 more days. Reviews are made when the game is out, you won't see a review of a game of 2 months ago.

I think we secured the 70. It won't be 69, so mission accomplished

Back