Update 88: Shenmue Documentary Film, Shenmue I & II, Other Info

PSN
FlagshipFighter
XBL
FlagshipFighter
Hello Backers,
In this update we have some Shenmue related news we would like to bring to your attention.     
Shenmue Documentary Film Project
As you may know, a documentary on Shenmue is currently live on Kickstarter entitled, “A Gamer's Journey: The Definitive History of Shenmue”.
1c9e558b253f12083cfad4cdcd741023_original.jpg

Headed by Shenmue fan Adam Sipione, the documentary mixes interviews from those on the production side and the fan side, exploring the history of the Shenmue series and the influence it has made on the game community.
With support from the fans, the project has already reached its initial goal, but the stretch goals are within reach, so please take a look!
*”A Gamer's Journey” is not affiliated with YSNET or Shenmue III, and we will not comment on questions concerning the documentary. Thank you for your understanding.

Inquiries Concerning Shenmue I & II
We have been receiving many inquiries about Sega’s announcement* for the August 21st release of Shenmue I & II.
*Release date in Japan has been announced for November 22nd.
321c2983d27bbd0610b6439c18aa347e_original.jpg

Shenmue I & II are not directly involved with either YSNET or Shenmue III, so we unfortunately cannot comment publicly on them. We kindly ask you to direct any inquiries about Shenmue I & II to the customer support links below. (Please be aware that customer support desks vary depending on where you live.)

Customer support for Europe and America
Customer support for Japan
Customer support for Asia (digital version only)
*For customer support concerning the physical version in Asia, please see the information located on the package.

gamescom 2018
We have a quick announcement about gamescom 2018 taking place in Cologne, Germany towards the end of this month.
For this year’s event, Yu Suzuki will not be in attendance. However, when we have some new information about future appearances we will update you.
*For more information on gamescom 2018, please visit the gamescom site.

Thank you as always for your support!

---------- General Information ---------
Shenmue III Backer Survey
Backer surveys are now underway. For information on your survey, please see the email sent to you by Fangamer. Shenmue III can only be completed with your responses! Thank you for your cooperation!!

Please complete or make any necessary changes to your survey by these dates.
・August 31 (FRI) 2018: Last day of Slacker Backer campaign, reward upgrades and add-ons
・September 30 (SUN) 2018: Surveys close

For further information, please visit:
Survey Support and Survey Resender

Choosing the PS4 or PC platform
We have a few notes to consider when choosing your platform. Also, if there would be any major changes in the requirements for either the PC or PS4 versions, the platform selection question of the survey is scheduled to remain open.

Choosing your PS4 region
Your PS4 region will be decided with your "Country" selection. Please note, if the disc region differs from PS4 system region, the unit itself, PlayStation™Network online services or DLC may not function properly.

System Requirements for PC Version
Minimum:
OS: Windows 7x64, Windows 8x64, Windows 10x64 (64-bit OS Required)
Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better (DirectX 11 card & VRAM 2GB Required)
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband internet connection
Storage: 100 GB available space
Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Additional Info: Requires Steam Client to activate.
*Game is currently in development so system requirements may change without notice. We thank you for your understanding.

Fangamer and Third Party Use of Personal Information
YS NET has a written contract with Fangamer to carry out the backer surveys. Fangamer is a formal representative of YS NET to help process and fulfill all backer's orders through the surveys. Personal information is handed over and treated in accordance with the privacy policies of both companies for the purposes of conducting the surveys and reward delivery only. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

YS NET Privacy Policy
Fangamer Privacy Policy

Official Links
Kickstarter
Shenmue Link
S3 Facebook
S3 Twitter
Backer Survey on Fangamer

Link to Update 88 on Kickstarter

Would hardly call this an update- stop asking us about shenmue 1&2 and don't expect anything soon on shenmue 3.

They only said Yu Suzuki won't be at Gamescom. While it is highly unlikely we will see any Shenmue 3 footage it hasnt been ruled out.

Expectations should be low.

Also the publicity for the documentary is welcome. Adams got a good project going there and if this helps then great.

I was expecting this, last year they announced Suzuki presence with more than a month before the event. At least we don't get our hopes up for nothing.

I'm dissapointed, I know the game is on development, last screens and videos were amazing and I have faith on Suzuki, he won't dissapoint us, BUT, more than three years and we still didn't see the game running. It's like a fucking torture, I can't wait to see the game running and this is supposed to be the year of Shenmue!

Next opportunity to see the game maybe TGS? PSX? I can't see they releasing a trailer in the kickstarter page, they sure show it at a game event, but what couuld it be?

This update is boosting a lot the documentary, it has increase more than 600$ (Canadian)

More than that now. It's only $2.1k (Canadian) from the stretch now

I don't think PSX is happening this year.

Maybe we should stop expecting Shenmue 3 at events full stop. Who knows, maybe Deep Silver will ramp up marketing closer to release and there will be just one major event appearance before release (possibly E3 next year?)?

They only said Yu Suzuki won't be at Gamescom. While it is highly unlikely we will see any Shenmue 3 footage it hasnt been ruled out.

Expectations should be low.

Also the publicity for the documentary is welcome. Adams got a good project going there and if this helps then great.

I agree - highly unlikely. We haven't seen anything without the presence of Yu. You never know, though.

I don't think PSX is happening this year.

Maybe we should stop expecting Shenmue 3 at events full stop. Who knows, maybe Deep Silver will ramp up marketing closer to release and there will be just one major event appearance before release (possibly E3 next year?)?

This. If we have no expectations, we can't be dissapointed.

I think what I just worry about is that we might only see something substantial (e.g. gameplay or a trailer) at an event. I hope that's not the case, because it would be great to see something in motion in an update - maybe a short fight scene showing off the new fighting mechanics, or some footage of Ryo exploring one of the villages. Or I'd love to even just have more development videos maybe that show some gameplay in motion.

While Yu Suzuki won't be in attendance it still doesn't rule out a new trailer being shown.

I doubt they would announce his non-attendance for any reason other than to say 'hey, Shenmue 3 won't be at Gamescom.'...

There will not be anything at Gamescom. Yu-san is not going for good reason.
There will not be anything at TGS. When has there ever?
There will not be anything at PSX. When has there ever?
Hold your horses until next year, and maybe you'll get a new screenshot.
Yu-san & company are under no obligation to you every game conference.
Releasing a great game experience lives on forever.
Releasing a great game update lives on until the next one.
Remember the Wude.

Back