Update 88: Shenmue Documentary Film, Shenmue I & II, Other Info

Expectations should be kept to a minimum but you never know. Next week is exciting as the HD releases come out and that is awesome.

If we had a trailer of 3 id be over the moon

To be honest, I don’t know how much longer Deep Silver can wait. They certainly want to build momentum before release, but a 2019 trailer is already too late because when would they show it, in June at E3? That would already be too late and the game itself cannot afford to slip to 2020, as this would be a sign of major development troubles. Games rarely benefit from dev cycles longer than 50 months.

If it is not now at Gamescom, then it has to be shown at TGS or PSX 2018 (if it’s still happening this year) but it has to occur in 2018.

To be honest, I don’t know how much longer Deep Silver can wait. They certainly want to build momentum before release, but a 2019 trailer is already too late because when would they show it, in June at E3? That would already be too late and the game itself cannot afford to slip to 2020, as this would be a sign of major development troubles. Games rarely benefit from dev cycles longer than 50 months.

If it is not now at Gamescom, then it has to be shown at TGS or PSX 2018 (if it’s still happening this year) but it has to occur in 2018.
Yeah I'm thinking TGS and I agree that the game needs to be shown in 2018. Unless the game is out late next year then who knows when it will be shown. I was thinking the game might be out around March/April 2019, so if it's not shown at TGS then there's no way that's happening. I guess we'll have to be patient which is one good thing about the Shenmue fans.

I’d like the game to come out in Dec 2019, 20th Anniversary of Shenmue 1’s Japanese release.

I was 15 then and if it comes out on Dec 2019, I’ll be 35. I can’t believe, I had to wait a little over half of my present lifetime to get Shenmue III. I thought I’d get over it, but I couldn’t. It’s funny I got over some ex-girlfriends a few days after breaking up, but I could never get over Shenmue of all things lol

Back