Update #89: Gamescom 2018 Update #1

This is great, this answers my question about why they chose to release the collection on the 21st if it still seems to have issues. So good PR for Shenmue and Shenmue 3 all around.

i dont think we will get the save transfer file thing. Sega, Ys Net, Adam Koralik and Deep Silver
have already said a couple of times that the whole Shenmue 3 project has nothing to do with Shenmue 1 & 2
and that Sega is not responsible for any Shenmue 3 stuff and Deep Silver is not responsible for any
Shenmue 1 & 2 stuff. 3 companies commented that over and over again,
so i wouldnt count on any "crazy" features or connections between those two projects.

When it says 11:00 - 13:00 CEST, does it just mean Shenmue 3 will make an appearance sometime during that time or that it will be at 11?

Woo! New Shenmue 3 trailer!

5yLuK9r.jpg

When it says 11:00 - 13:00 CEST, does it just mean Shenmue 3 will make an appearance sometime during that time or that it will be at 11?
I've wondered this too. I suspect that those are the times for the entire day's stream and Shenmue will have a spot somewhere between those times.

What's also interesting is that they're making a video "for the announcement" which implies that they're dropping some more news. Potential release date announcement?

Look at the photo of Shenhua. They’ve further refined her character model especially her hat. It’s been an interesting experience to witness the development of the game evolve like this.

I wonder what this announcement is? Release date?
SEGA getting involved?

I've wondered this too. I suspect that those are the times for the entire day's stream and Shenmue will have a spot somewhere between those times.

What's also interesting is that they're making a video "for the announcement" which implies that they're dropping some more news. Potential release date announcement?

Yup, that's my thinking too. A trailer followed by - just maybe - an actual release date.

Right place your bets. I'm going with 2nd July.

I’m assuminf we’re getting a trailer with some voice acting

As for a release date, my two guesses are 9/9/19 for the 20th Anniversary of the North American Dreamcast launch, or Dec 2019 for Shenmue’s 20th Anniversary

Im super excited to see this new trailer I wonder if we will see more Shenmue characters like Ren, Xiuying, Lan Di and Niao Sun. Tuesday is going to be a very special day.

Not to crash the party a little bit, but guys, the update said "announcement", and not "trailer".

Just to keep a foot or both on the ground, in case we get a video update of some kind from Yu-san, which could very well be what the image is implying. Hence the "now editing" comment...

This is how people get upset over the most trivial things, and if we get a video of Yu-san talking to the camera and does announce something as amazing as a release date, but no trailer, then people get upset because there was no trailer and forget about the good news a release date would be.

Always keep the expectations in check people.

Anyone else think they will launch the game's Steam page alongside the trailer?

The only announcement worth hyping is the release date, so I think we'll get that, along with some other smaller stuff -- maybe snippets of gameplay like the fighting.

Back