Version 1.02 for PS4 is Live - Release Notes

So they released the version update today like they promised. Seems it needs some work still... well back to not playing the games (multiple reasons for this) yet.

i just tested Shenmue 2 on PS4. walked from the harbor to the temple
and there are still music elements out of tune and weird loud reverb effects.
i think they fixed one track but all the other problems are still in there.
That's a shame... I played a bit this morning but apparently before the patch kicked in... I'll find out more hopefully by tomorrow...

I had a problem playing Shenmue 2 after the update where the controller wouldnt work. i had to turn off the system and restart

I’m testing shenmue 2 music

Queen’s road, green market , the come over guest house south charmain and tomato store theme from outside are fixed, even if not like the original mp3s

Wise men weird reverb is gone but the pitch of a particular instrument is still a little out of pitch (not like before though). Same thing for the inside tomato store theme

The wise man kong fu store theme is fixed too

In man mo temple there’s a strange “scratching” effect in one of the pads which sounds weird but not bad. Can’t remember how it sounded on DC

I still don’t understand why they cannot load the original mp3 tracks.

I’m mostly ok with the music patches, I’m thankful, but D3T is still incompetent in the audio department and at this point this is a fact

Edit: yan tin appartment is fine too, and green market by night’s weird reverb is fixed

Last edited:
What about the Da Yuan Apartments song? It sounds horrible in the re-release.

Glad this is finally out. Shame it took so long though.

Still work to be done from the sounds of things, but I'm feeling optimistic. Fingers crossed that the patches start coming in thick and fast from this point on!

Cool that this is finally out. Though from the sounds of things, it seems like those of us that have put off starting the collection are better off continuing to wait a while longer.

Shows they are listening and working on them consistently which is great.

Obviously we'd rather have no patches and a bug free game but I'm pleased things are being fixed. I wouldn't rule out another 2-4 Patches before November

Shows they are listening and working on them consistently which is great.

Obviously we'd rather have no patches and a bug free game but I'm pleased things are being fixed. I wouldn't rule out another 2-4 Patches before November
Yeah let's pray we at least get definitive editions by November. I always like playing through these games every Christmas season and I'd rather not have to do it on Dreamcast going forward...

Yeah let's pray we at least get definitive editions by November. I always like playing through these games every Christmas season and I'd rather not have to do it on Dreamcast going forward...
I've just read the v3 patch has moved from beta section so I'd anticipate a new pc one soon followed by a new console one in October or end of this month would be nice.

I reckon definitive versions will be ready for the JP releases. I hope

Did they fix the fountains in Pigeon Park and Golden Shopping Mall as well? The water sound was a complete disgrace in these two locations.

Back