Version 1.02 for PS4 is Live - Release Notes

Anything on the SI cutscenes not working in widescreen? After I switched to 4:3 they worked, but I'm trying to get a friend and her hubby to try it (they play games together, relationship goals man), yet told her to wait until the patch because of the cutscenes issue...

I just visited the Da Yuan Apartments and the music is still terrible. Completely off pitch. The airing out the books music also does not seem quite right. They seem to have got rid of the reverb but the tracks are still off pitch so a lot of work is still needed to make this right.

The airing out the books sounds liked a badly done slight remix/modification version, but it personally doesn't bother me for some reason.

I read that the Green Market Quarter music is fixed but they didn't specify whether it was day or night time, or both, I assume it was just day. I wonder if the night time version is also fixed because it got real bad too with a certain note that plays right before the song gets a little quiet, it's like "diiiiiiiiing", awful...

It was in the top right corner during the cutscenes on the original Xbox version, so this is the way it should be. It would be better without it though as it is still as distracting now as it was back then.
+1, not having this was actually an improvement over the Xbox version. I doubt d3t will remove it now that they spent the time adding it back in though. :(

We are in it for the long haul guys, the consoles are a month behind PC, just let that sink in for a second. These fixes are a step in the right direction but there is just so much to sift through its ridiculous. Also the short description list for all the patches that have come out on all platforms leaves way too much to the imagination and forces us to re-check issues on our own. They released these games plagued with bugs and we created a bug list for them, is it too much to ask to make a comprehensive list of what was fixed? The communication is just horrid... there is way too much going on, I still havent even broken the seal on my PS4 copy and I am honestly trying to focus on other games in the mean time but keeping up with the updates, its overwhelming.

These are fair criticisms. :)

These are fair criticisms. :)
Forgive the silly question but do Sony/Microsoft allow the in depth fixed lists that steam do for their Patches?

If they do then I'm in total agreement.

Forgive the silly question but do Sony/Microsoft allow the in depth fixed lists that steam do for their Patches?

If they do then I'm in total agreement.

The list is up to the publisher... what they want to post. It's not part of the patch, AFAIK

Examples:

Star Wars: Battlefront 2

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/d...release-notes-han-solo-season-update-2#latest

Rainbow Six Siege:

Scroll down to "Main Bug Fixes"

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/game-info/seasons/chimera/index.aspx

Thanks for the heads up. In that case surely they could do the same for the consoles?

They could if they wanted to. Both of those games are console/PC, just like Shenmue. I play all 3 of them on Xbox.

It is unfortunate that they chose not to tell us exactly what they fixed, especially since they know we are keeping track of the bugs.

Hopefully we will get a more detailed list. Maybe someone could ask them on Twitter for a specific breakdown of bugs? Unless Sega is preventing them from going into detail. I don't mean in a conspiracy kinda way, but rather, the hypothetical case of not allowing detailed bug fix lists across the board. We'd have to find another Sega or D3T game to check the notes on to get any idea of that.

Either way, it's hard to mark stuff of the list as fixed if we don't know where to start testing.

They could if they wanted to. Both of those games are console/PC, just like Shenmue. I play all 3 of them on Xbox.

It is unfortunate that they chose not to tell us exactly what they fixed, especially since they know we are keeping track of the bugs.

Hopefully we will get a more detailed list. Maybe someone could ask them on Twitter for a specific breakdown of bugs? Unless Sega is preventing them from going into detail. I don't mean in a conspiracy kinda way, but rather, the hypothetical case of not allowing detailed bug fix lists across the board. We'd have to find another Sega or D3T game to check the notes on to get any idea of that.

Either way, it's hard to mark stuff of the list as fixed if we don't know where to start testing.

Problem with marking bugs as fixed is that sometimes you have to replay the game to confirm them fixed if you don't have saves and it takes time. Regarding detailed list of fixed bugs maybe they don't want to provide full list because people could see how many bugs there were in first version.

I think anyone who has played the games more than 5 minutes are painfully aware.

I think anyone who has played the games more than 5 minutes are painfully aware.
Unfortunately not. All over facebook and youtube comments you'll see crap like "Played through both games NO issues whatsoever people are just being crybabies blah blah blah" it's really sad...

I can kinda see getting through Shenmue 1 and only noticing major issues like the cutscene glitches, which I only had happen after a certain point.

But lmao if anyone got through Shenmue 2 and didn't wanna rip their hair out at how bad the music was.

You'd have to actually be fucking deaf.

I can kinda see getting through Shenmue 1 and only noticing major issues like the cutscene glitches, which I only had happen after a certain point.

But lmao if anyone got through Shenmue 2 and didn't wanna rip their hair out at how bad the music was.

You'd have to actually be fucking deaf.
With Shenmue 1 I had the cut scene glitch once when you find the mirror otherwise it was fine. I didn't even have the issue with the save bug at the end.

Yep the music in 2 was horrid so I turned it down and carried on. It didn't ruin my experience but could have for others. Guilin was actually perfect for me. No issues

Back