Version 1.02 for PS4 is Live - Release Notes

With Shenmue 1 I had the cut scene glitch once when you find the mirror otherwise it was fine. I didn't even have the issue with the save bug at the end.

Yep the music in 2 was horrid so I turned it down and carried on. It didn't ruin my experience but could have for others. Guilin was actually perfect for me. No issues
The music is a huge part of why Shenmue is my favorite couple of games, so it really kinda did ruin my play through of 2.

1ac.jpg

I'd been planning on making this for a while now, but figured I'd wait til after the patch dropped. It's all in fun, anyway. :p

Version 1.02 Release Notes:
  • Audio quality improvements.
  • UI and functionality improvements.
  • Lighting and rendering fixes.
  • Various bug fixes
  • Savedata icons fixed.
5z4CCo8.jpg

Shenmue: Version 1.02 - 113.9 MB
5pjJbai.jpg

Shenmue 2: Version 1.02 - 1.916 GB
mvadFI0.jpg

• Stability improvements.
  • Audio playback fixes.
  • UI usability improvements.
  • Graphical errors addressed.
d3t does not patch Asian ps4. Currently, Asian ps4 is difficult to enjoy games normally due to strange bugs. Very disappointing level

d3t does not patch Asian ps4. Currently, Asian ps4 is difficult to enjoy games normally due to strange bugs. Very disappointing level
It's because it's not out over in Asia yet. Do as @tomboz says and create an account for the region you imported from and see if it patches.

Ah ok. V 1.02 is the latest one. That's the one that came out this week for ps4

I've noticed the strange bug that hakmj01 is talking about. The English language version of Shenmue is available on the Asian PSN.

Two issues I've noticed have been that sometimes the select button will switch from circle to X, but everything is still showing it as X. Secondly, I swear to God the QTE events are seriously borked in both S1 and S2. I will clearly press a button (and I know the pattern from previously failing the QTE) but it is not registering the button presses correctly. It is incredibly frustrating.

I just noticed on Steam forums that PC patch 1.03 fixed volume settings, so maybe it will fix the music volume in both games when it arrives on consoles.

PC Patch Notes v1.03

Audio
ยท Fixed an issue that caused volume settings to be applied inconsistently between games.

Last edited:
Just booted Shenmue I after patching and the color has been improved a lot, now without touching the balance looks like the original <3

Just booted Shenmue I after patching and the color has been improved a lot, now without touching the balance looks like the original <3
I actually quite liked the warmth of the rerelease (aside from things being too dark at times) - has this been changed, or do you just mean the brightness?

I actually quite liked the warmth of the rerelease (aside from things being too dark at times) - has this been changed, or do you just mean the brightness?
I think Kyo means the brightness. Colors remain the same on the new patch, just without the black crush.

Night time looks fantastic now. I installed this update near the end of the game. Kind of a tease! Guess I'll have to play it again in Japanese ;)

On a side, note, fairly happy with my first Shenmue 1 run as far as bugs go. Didn't experience the cleared save glitch, which was a huge relief.

Back