What are you playing?

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare -- Platinum Trophy #91. Really easy Platinum. Very easy to achieve. But actually fun as well. I quite enjoyed it. I haven't played a Call of Duty campaign since COD: Modern Warfare 3. But this hit the spot for me. It was short, to the point and satisfying. It was refreshing to play a linear 6-7 hour campaign after having so many games bombard us with needless open worlds (looking at you GEARS 5.) This just hit the sweet spot that I was looking for. The Night Vision missions are absolutely fantastic. I played the game on Veteran and that shit was appropriately intense with headphones on. Best missions in the game. Wish there were more of them. Graphically speaking? One of the prettiest games of this generation. Bar none.

Yeah, I really enjoyed this. It just hit a certain sweet spot that I was looking for it to hit. Online multiplayer is pretty damn good too. Cross play is very much welcomed.

Medievil -- Well, I just started. Haven't really dug too far into it. But looks short and sweet and will probably make Platinum #92 when all is said and done.

Also downloaded Yakuza 4...not that it matters, I won't be getting to it any time soon as I still have to finish Yakuza 3 yet...not to mention, I got to go back to Judgment and wrap up those side cases that I still haven't done yet.

More Doom 3. Really loving it. I actually forget why it was badly received by some back in the day, because replaying it these days I cant help but feel its pretty darn fun - no weapon limit, silly health regen or simple level design where you may as well just be on rails... its the kind of FPS I really miss while most are more online affairs these days. No idea where I am in the plot though, I assume at least half way through if not closing in on the end, Arch Viles have just shown up which is awesome :)

Also more EDF 4.1. The DLC missions on this don't mess around. The blurb on them is "missions harder than the main game" an boy do they mean it... the last mission is nuts with the amount of big green ants sent your way! Loving it though.

Lastly, more Super Turbo. This time the GBA "Revival" port which changes up backgrounds, some gameplay mechanics and squishes everything onto a GBA. Its fantastic, looks great, sounds... ok (voice samples are solid though) and most of all the gameplay is excellent. Controls work fantastically, I can pull off most moves perfectly, and the game has an EZ control method as well, which works great for characters like Guile or Honda... Definitely one of my favourite ports of this game no doubt.

I'm playing Disgaea 4 complete+(how is it complete, was there no DLC for this entry or someone. It's a odd entry to not have DLC for, but with the exception of maybe the meaves bathing suit option, I haven't ran into anything that looks like could've been DLC yet. To be fair though, this entry may require you to get to new game+ before you can access the DLC content, if there was any, so that is ofcourse a possibility)

Trails of cold steel 3. It’s brilliant if you love a good jrpg series. Concerned I won’t finish it in time for shenmue 3 though.

I also tried to replay shenmue 1 and 2 ready for 3 got through 1 and then lost enthusiasm I think I’ve played those games too many times now I can’t bring myself to do it again which is sad.

Trails of cold steel 3. It’s brilliant if you love a good jrpg series. Concerned I won’t finish it in time for shenmue 3 though.

I also tried to replay shenmue 1 and 2 ready for 3 got through 1 and then lost enthusiasm I think I’ve played those games too many times now I can’t bring myself to do it again which is sad.

I was thinking about replaying 1, and 2 before 3 comes out, but can't bring myself to do so. I would have to rush through such, and to make matter worse, with Shenmue 3 on my mind, even if I had even time to do "proper" playthroughs of the fist 2 games, I feel I wouldn't beable to really get into the moment.

I decided I'm going to play 3 before replaying the past games. I'm going to play 3, then I'l replay 1, 2, and 3, but in the proper order.

Whenever I feel at peace as of late, I'm playing A Hat in Time on Switch. I have been feeling stressed out so I haven't play ed much

MgsV. but I have been playing Pang Adventure. I thought this was the same game based off of my youth from the good old arcade days. I like it but it doesn't have the level design of the old arcade one. Which kills the "vibe" for me.
I guess That's what happens when you get excited about things from Your yourh and don't do the research. Plus the limited copy print didn't help lol.
Pang Adventures should be stricken from the Pang canon. Mighty Pang is still the last good Pang game (and well worth playing).

Sorry to dig up this post from the grave, but Pang Adventures is terrible and tarnishes the good Pang name.

Pang Adventures should be stricken from the Pang canon. Mighty Pang is still the last good Pang game (and well worth playing).

Sorry to dig up this post from the grave, but Pang Adventures is terrible and tarnishes the good Pang name.

I Totally agree. I kept on playing it, hoping to unlock the old arcade version. That didn't work out unfortunately.

I've tried to play it 2-3 times but just can't get into it. The boss stuff really ruins my fun, and it feels more like a souless cash in than a true sequel. I like the Capcom/Mitchel releases, which I think the last one was Mighty Pang (as you mention above) but after than I've not found a Pang game I've enjoyed. I'd rather they just ported the Pang collection (+ Mighty Pang) to modern systems instead.

Medievil -- I really don't like this...at all. I bought it as a blind buy based on Sacred Symbols and Chris bigging it up...the atmosphere and tone is cool, but I REALLY don't like the act of actually playing it. The combat is pretty shit all around. It's a game that I feel needs some Z targeting options or something. I don't know if I really want to keep playing this. I feel like I'm just fighting with awkward camera and combat controls. Maybe it's a nostalgia thing, but as someone who never played the original Medievil...this remake isn't making me believe I missed out on anything special. Maybe I'll come back to it, but damn, the combat really wasn't sucking me in.

Medievil -- I really don't like this...at all. I bought it as a blind buy based on Sacred Symbols and Chris bigging it up...the atmosphere and tone is cool, but I REALLY don't like the act of actually playing it. The combat is pretty shit all around. It's a game that I feel needs some Z targeting options or something. I don't know if I really want to keep playing this. I feel like I'm just fighting with awkward camera and combat controls. Maybe it's a nostalgia thing, but as someone who never played the original Medievil...this remake isn't making me believe I missed out on anything special. Maybe I'll come back to it, but damn, the combat really wasn't sucking me in.
The tips I were giving was using R2 to strafe, and unlocking the Hammer (I think you need 3 chalices) and use its charged attack (hold circle). That kills enemies super fast. Its definitely not great combat wise, but this improved it so much for me.

The tips I were giving was using R2 to strafe, and unlocking the Hammer (I think you need 3 chalices) and use its charged attack (hold circle). That kills enemies super fast. Its definitely not great combat wise, but this improved it so much for me.

Thanks, I’ll try it out then and see if it helps

I play Obduction today. But with Video walkthrough. It's too complex for a sunday. ^^
Yesterday in german Retro Klub from 2017 i found a game called "The You Testament" from MDickie Games. I give it a try. I like "Super Noahs 3D Ark". Maybe this game is like this.

Still plugging away at KOF Allstars on mobile. Its really rather fun, just cleared '98s story and I can see me sticking around while they add more KOF legacy characters (like Mr Big, Krauser, Eiji etc.) Fun little time waster with an amazing soundtrack and character cast.

Otherwise its solely been Shenmue this week. Still early on in disk 1, searching for Charlie and the Tattoo parlour while purposely trying to speak to different people/find different routes to the same plot points to try and keep things fresh since I've replayed the game so many times over the years.

I think I am halfway on God of War (2018) and so far so much better than GoW 3 (I haven´t played 1 or 2). Also on Until Dawn's Chapter 4, I am playing it with my GF and it is pretty funny and the jumpscares are pretty good too

Waiting for Shenmue 3. I’m playing Gran Turismo: Sport. It’s such a visual masterpiece and it’s implementation of materials and HDR lighting makes is truly a gorgeous game.

Also few rounds of Uncharted 4 multiplayer.

I finally beat GTA V on PS4 after getting it years ago. I guess my gameplay habits have changed since GTA III and Vice City came out. I hardly ever ran amok and just blasted through the story. I was really invested in it and the characters. I don’t really like the constant cynicism and would’ve appreciated a bit more sincerity, but that’s GTA (and I think the Red Dead games spoiled me).

Now, here’s hoping I can finish Judgement within the next week and a half.

Back