What are you playing?

Finished Mass effect Andromeda. Received a lot of undeserved hate back in the day

Finished Mass effect Andromeda. Received a lot of undeserved hate back in the day

I played ME 2 and 3 and I especially loved the 2nd. Maybe I should try Andromeda somtime in the future.
How good was it, like a 6 or 7? I hope that series makes a come-back in the future.

I played ME 2 and 3 and I especially loved the 2nd. Maybe I should try Andromeda somtime in the future.
How good was it, like a 6 or 7? I hope that series makes a come-back in the future.
Alright this is gonna be long, lol.

For me the original trilogy it's an absolutely 10/10. I loved the universe, the story, but most of all, the characters. The progression of the characters of ME2 with the loyalty missions and they living in your ship it's amazing. ME3 has some tough moments with a lot of characters, it's like the ending of that travel for a lot of them.

What happened with Andromeda (memes about motion faces aside, because that's fixed almost at the moment but that was it, it was too late, the meme was too big and across the internet, and in the worst case scenario you have mods ((nobody says a shit about the modding community making Skyrim great, because it's almost unplayable in the vanilla version right?)) to make it better) it's that the original trilogy has set up a too high standard, impossible to achieve.

For me, this made (plus the memes) the game unworthy. Still a lot of fans of the OT says today "Andromeda it's, in the best case, a mediocre game". I mean come on, REALLY? Mediocre? Is that the calification you give to this game? For real? I mean, it isnt like the original trilogy but you can't say it's a mediocre game dude. Be serious. The gameplay it's the best of the saga, the open world it's beautiful and quite big with a lot of fauna (remembered me a lot about the open worlds of Gears 5, but much better, with a lot of more content. THAT was a lazy open world ((still a great game tho)) ). So with those two things, you actually CAN'T say this is a mediocre game.

Then you have story and characters. Story it's alright, it's actually not much different of the OT. The two new species are cool (specially the bad ones, in my opinion) and the characters, I'm gonna make it simple:

Your krogan it's cool as Wrex.
Your asari it's pretty cool, very different than Liara.
Your pilots are interesting but they aren't Joker at all.
Your humans are kinda mhe, like the original trilogy actually
Your turian it's kinda a Tali

So basically, yeah, OT characters are better, but MEA arent so far away, and you gotta be fair, you got 3 games to develop your relationships with the characters. Yes, this is a bigger game, still not fair to compare imo.

Your salarian and your quarian and your drell... DOESNT EXISTS. That's, for me, the biggest point that makes this game worst than OT. I missed a Mordin and a Tali. The fact that the are no quarians in the game it's bullshit (Talimancer forevah here). And not only that, the fact that they DIDNT EVEN MENTION THEM till the last minute of the game. I mean, really? Dude, you mentioned all the lost species during the entire game, they never said "hey dude what happened with the quarians?". NOT EVEN A SINGLE TIME. I know it's a DLC (that wont be created) BUT STILL DUDE COME ON.

That was the biggest disappointment to me. No salarian in my crew, but most of all, no quarians in my crew and in the game. It's a shame. They did good with the aliens species of your crew, if you gimme a character that it's kinda like Mordin, and gimme a quarian (doesnt have to be like Tali, you can make it like Peebee, actually, Peebee should be a quarian, that would make SO MUCH SENSE ((you will get this reference when you start your gameplay, when you catch what I meaning, answer me about this)) ).

So, my note? If I'm in a fanboy mode (like I am right now) i'd say a 8.5. More logical mode, a 8. More hater mode, a 7.5. Overall, I did enjoyed it (I didnt catch the ending tho, but didnt mattered) and well, I'm waiting for a ME4 someday. Finger crossed.

Last edited:
IMO Andromeda was across the board the worst entry in the Mass Effect series (well, I'd say it's combat is better than ME1), but it was still a worthwhile play and there's nothing wrong with that. I played it after it was patched and all the internet rage died down. I like the general premise and there are a few good ideas there but it was a bit too repetitive and none of the characters were very likeable to me. Even with the patches, it still lacked a lot of polish. I'd say it's a 7/10 game.

It's been a while since I've played it so I might be misremembering some things, but I didn't like how combat took away the opportunity to use your party members abilities. This was a lot of fun in the OG trilogy, especially in 2 and 3 where it was essential to use powers that synergized together on harder difficulty levels.

Obviously there were a lot of dev challenges and some info came out regarding some struggles with Frostbite not being equipped for a game like this (just like Anthem!), so I would hope they could continue the franchise after getting over some of those tech hurdles. It doesn't seem that EA is that intent on investing the money that's needed to properly make an entry in this series, though.

And hey! Some Genesis games I've been playing:
  • Batman: The Video Game
    • A fun game but definitely feels like an early Genesis title due to the not particularly great controls and lack of moves. The batmobile and batwing sections were still great, though. The soundtrack is also awesome. I don't know how to explain this, but it stylistically sounds like something that would be on an NES game.
  • The Adventures of Batman and Robin
    • Batman meets Gunstar Heroes! This is one of the best looking Genesis games I've ever seen. It's tough and I haven't beaten it yet, but I'll be trying my damndest.
  • Alien Storm
    • Port of a Sega arcade classic. This game is awesome and all 3 gameplay modes aged really well.

Alright this is gonna be long, lol.

For me the original trilogy it's an absolutely 10/10. I loved the universe, the story, but most of all, the characters. The progression of the characters of ME2 with the loyalty missions and they living in your ship it's amazing. ME3 has some tough moments with a lot of characters, it's like the ending of that travel for a lot of them.

What happened with Andromeda (memes about motion faces aside, because that's fixed almost at the moment but that was it, it was too late, the meme was too big and across the internet, and in the worst case scenario you have mods ((nobody says a shit about the modding community making Skyrim great, because it's almost unplayable in the vanilla version right?)) to make it better) it's that the original trilogy has set up a too high standard, impossible to achieve.

For me, this made (plus the memes) the game unworthy. Still a lot of fans of the OT says today "Andromeda it's, in the best case, a mediocre game". I mean come on, REALLY? Mediocre? Is that the calification you give to this game? For real? I mean, it isnt like the original trilogy but you can't say it's a mediocre game dude. Be serious. The gameplay it's the best of the saga, the open world it's beautiful and quite big with a lot of fauna (remembered me a lot about the open worlds of Gears 5, but much better, with a lot of more content. THAT was a lazy open world ((still a great game tho)) ). So with those two things, you actually CAN'T say this is a mediocre game.

Then you have story and characters. Story it's alright, it's actually not much different of the OT. The two new species are cool (specially the bad ones, in my opinion) and the characters, I'm gonna make it simple:

Your krogan it's cool as Wrex.
Your asari it's pretty cool, very different than Liara.
Your pilots are interesting but they aren't Joker at all.
Your humans are kinda mhe, like the original trilogy actually
Your turian it's kinda a Tali

So basically, yeah, OT characters are better, but MEA arent so far away, and you gotta be fair, you got 3 games to develop your relationships with the characters. Yes, this is a bigger game, still not fair to compare imo.

Your salarian and your quarian and your drell... DOESNT EXISTS. That's, for me, the biggest point that makes this game worst than OT. I missed a Mordin and a Tali. The fact that the are no quarians in the game it's bullshit (Talimancer forevah here). And not only that, the fact that they DIDNT EVEN MENTION THEM till the last minute of the game. I mean, really? Dude, you mentioned all the lost species during the entire game, they never said "hey dude what happened with the quarians?". NOT EVEN A SINGLE TIME. I know it's a DLC (that wont be created) BUT STILL DUDE COME ON.

That was the biggest disappointment to me. No salarian in my crew, but most of all, no quarians in my crew and in the game. It's a shame. They did good with the aliens species of your crew, if you gimme a character that it's kinda like Mordin, and gimme a quarian (doesnt have to be like Tali, you can make it like Peebee, actually, Peebee should be a quarian, that would make SO MUCH SENSE ((you will get this reference when you start your gameplay, when you catch what I meaning, answer me about this)) ).

So, my note? If I'm in a fanboy mode (like I am right now) i'd say a 8.5. More logical mode, a 8. More hater mode, a 7.5. Overall, I did enjoyed it (I didnt catch the ending tho, but didnt mattered) and well, I'm waiting for a ME4 someday. Finger crossed.
Well you also played it after it received patches to fix stuff and if you a fan is already saying its 7.5 (which in videogame terms is not great...)

I can not say much since I will not play it, as I abandoned the saga after ME3, I did not enjoy the game and found the missions like a worse gears of and the RPG side was weaker than the other in my opinion. I blamed EA since he also killed Dead Space by that time...

Back on topic, I finished Carrion, short, a few weird design choices like the power ups are not that relevant or used, but a really enjoyable experience.

Well you also played it after it received patches to fix stuff and if you a fan is already saying its 7.5 (which in videogame terms is not great...)
Read my sentence one more time.

And about the patches, except for Nintendo that are the best in that stuff, nowadays games always have issues with their releases. Days gone, No mans sky, every Assassins Creed pre-Origins, all Bethesda's games. Even The witcher 3 had problems in the begining and you dont hear anyone complaining about that. The only game of that list that is still remembered because the lolz and memes it's MEA.

Read my sentence one more time.

And about the patches, except for Nintendo that are the best in that stuff, nowadays games always have issues with their releases. Days gone, No mans sky, every Assassins Creed pre-Origins, all Bethesda's games. Even The witcher 3 had problems in the begining and you dont hear anyone complaining about that. The only game of that list that is still remembered because the lolz and memes it's MEA.
Ok my bad, I should have been more clear in that statement and saif if you in hater mode is already 7.5.

And about the other, yeah, they do receive criticism if you read about them, at least, Bethesda rpgs, no man sky (this one specifically was a shitstorm in day1 and was after expansions or 1 big patch that it started to get good press) and witcher 3 (dunno about ubi since I do not follow them anymore) did receive its share of issues, memes, and such but people simply overlook them when the game is trully great (witcher 3) or do not really have much competition (Bethesda formula RPG are kinda monopolized by them).

Also, all faults of MEA are/were probably EA related like what happened with Dragon Age 2 and the internet has quite a vendetta against EA.

Ok my bad, I should have been more clear in that statement and saif if you in hater mode is already 7.5.

And about the other, yeah, they do receive criticism if you read about them, at least, Bethesda rpgs, no man sky (this one specifically was a shitstorm in day1 and was after expansions or 1 big patch that it started to get good press) and witcher 3 (dunno about ubi since I do not follow them anymore) did receive its share of issues, memes, and such but people simply overlook them when the game is trully great (witcher 3) or do not really have much competition (Bethesda formula RPG are kinda monopolized by them).

Also, all faults of MEA are/were probably EA related like what happened with Dragon Age 2 and the internet has quite a vendetta against EA.

But today no one bullshits them. NMS redeemed itself and actually it's known as "the game that was trash and the dev made it good". And The witcher 3 it's top 3 games of this gen (#1 for me). Yes, Fallout 76 its a meme, but because of the gameplay and Bethesda money stuff, not because the bugs (that they are there since Fallout 4 and no one gives a shit actually).

So:
- Bethesda release a buggy game = no problem, mod community will handle it.
- Bioware release a buggy game that it's patch immediately = lolz uNpLaYavle dUdE.

See. That's called hipocrisy. And there's a lot of it in the game industry and I just can't handle it. Makes me sick.

For example, another series that it's not as good as the "original trilogy" it's Silent Hill. Everybody is shitting their pants for a new game. Dude, if you loved SH so much, BUY IT WHEN THEY WERE THERE. TRUST ME THERE'S A LOT OF SH OUT THERE BESIDES THE FIRST THREE GAMES. No one bought the last SH games. And people says "oh, but they changed they are not entirely focused in horror anymore". Oh yeah? And when Resident Evil 4 did that no one cared and everybody pissed their pants, but if Shattered memories (super underrated game) add psychological stuff and no gun "oh but this isnt a SH anymore!" Like I said, BULLSHIT AND HIPOCRISY.

Sorry, needed to vent this. TLDR, MEA it's not a mediocre game and it's worth to play.

Still going through the side stuff on Ghost of Tsushima. It's truly an amazing game. So far, Ghost & Shenmue 3 are really the only reasons to own a PS4 but they're both solid reasons.

I rented and am trying out The Last of Us 2 for PS4.

Last edited:
Just finished the Resident Evil Remake for the first time, a terrible playtime
I played that a few months ago for the first time in years! How did you like it? I think it's one of the best.
My playtime was probably longer than yours. I like to take my time.

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition on PC. Already beat it on Xbox 360 and PS4, but that was some time ago now. The massive jump in performance is faaantastic!

i just completed the main story on jet set radio future. the last level is a acid trip o_O

i have some little complaints about the game but over all, it's is still great a great game and the art style hasn't aged that much. graphicly i think it could pass as a new switch game. i would give it 8/10

im not a completionist but if i was, i could spend another 10/15+ hours trying to collect all the extra items

Back