What are you playing?

I bought it as well. I'm a dirty hypocrite considering I was complaining about it being a remaster and not remakes but yet I still bought it.

Admission time; I've actually never beaten Mario 64 and never finished Mario Sunshine...It's true. I've maybe played one or two courses of Mario 64 but never actually played it through to completion. Sunshine I remember liking but just never finished.

Never had a Nintendo 64 so never played through Mario 64 back in the day. Had a Gamecube and that was where I first played Sunshine but never beat it.

Galaxy I liked a lot though. Galaxy I played through to completion.

With Mario, I've only ever beaten the first game, New Super Mario Bros for the DS, Super Mario 3D Land (I actually really do love that game and got all the stars for it), Galaxy and Odyssey.

Played the others, but never beaten them. I figure I might play through 64 on the Switch Lite and actually beat it for a change.

Part of that whole growing up a SEGA kid thing :D No time for Mario, I had SEGA franchises to play.
They're great games, aren't they? 😁

I'm 40 stars the way through Mario 64 and having a blast! Will move onto Sunshine, Galaxy and then Odyssey after.

Going through Deadly Premonition again for the dozenth time lol. It will be interesting to play it pretty much back to back with the sequel. Though I don’t know how viable that is with moving out on the 14th and likely being unable to access my games again til probably November 1st.

I'm kind of trying to decide what's next after finishing Dino Crisis, and Super Magnetic Nyu Nyu (Super Magnetic Neo). It's getting to be October, so I've been looking at possibly starting up some horror games I've yet to get to. A couple I'm thinking about:

Carrier - Dreamcast
Resident Evil - Gamecube
Clock Tower: The First Fear - Playstation
Silent Hill - Playstation

I'm sort of leaning towards the REmake right now, but I can't decide.

Finally playing Super Mario Galaxy on Switch after skipping it all this time because I was a tit.

Holy crap, this game is πŸ”₯! Probably my favourite 3D Mario to date (I haven't played Odyssey yet).

Shaolin Vs Wutang 2016. Kind've regretting this purchase at $15, would be a good buy at $5 but waiting for a game from eBay to come in that isnt available digitally.

YES! Bullring down! One more Hard Get There challenge to go! This one was deceptively tougher than it looks.

Still in the hunt for this Platinum!

HARD GET THERE'S DONE! That trophy is complete! Now begins the insufferable grind for Level 100. This game dishes XP so slowly after you reach a certain level. Unless they balance out the XP, it might be the one that kills my lust for the Platinum.

It feels like a desperate attempt to keep Multiplayer alive...or it's a hint that more features and levels are coming that might dish out more XP later on. But yeah, at least I got the Hard Get There's.

Been playing more Tekken 7 on the side as well.

I really do love this game. Little by little I get better :D

Reactions: Dan
I've been playing REmake on the Gamecube. I played the original on the Saturn years ago, and liked it a lot. At the time I played as Jill, but for the remake, I decided to go with Chris on the first difficulty. The basic structure of the original RE is still great, but I actually don't like the remake much. The controls feel a lot more sloppy, and the changes to the mansion have been really annoying to me, so far. The main thing that bugs me is the magnets the zombies have for hands, now. Defense items feel like a knee-jerk to the fact that they made it practically impossible to dodge most zombies. I get it, they want me to get grabbed more, but it's just sort of a nuisance, especially because I can't just down them and be done with it. Fortunately I have the shotgun now to basically guarantee I can blow their heads off, but ammo also feels way more limited. The dogs also both suck and blow now. They barely do any damage, though, so they're really just an annoyance.

I didn't particularly like Dino Crisis because of a few of the alterations it made to the RE gameplay, which seem pretty insignificant, but really change everything (for the worse, I would say). In REmake, it's like they took all the nonsense of, 'Well, we'll give you way more healing than you could possibly need, but we're going to give you basically nothing for ammo, and zombies are going to follow you through doorways. So that's going to incentivize you to just run away from everything, but wait! Get this: Instead of being able to just run around or away from everything like in Dino Crisis, now we're going to trap you at every corner. Sounds great, right?' It just makes me want to say, 'No! Stop it.' The RE games aren't scary. I don't feel like that should have been the goal here. REmake is a little more tense than the original, but I feel like it's at the expense of the gameplay, personally. Part of me feels like just stopping and playing the original again. I don't think I will, but that's what I feel like doing.

Grabbed that Panzer Dragoon Remake on PS4 today. I was waiting until either PS4 or PC for the full 60 fps that Switch couldn't deliver. I'm pretty impressed about the way it looks. That games art design (granted modernized) is still beautiful. Although, maybe it's the wide screen aspect, but it did feel a bit off to me in a way that I couldn't put my finger on. Something just felt off about the aiming in general. Maybe I'll go boot up the original in Retroarch for a bit to compare.

Still, I'm generally pretty impressed with the look of that remake. It's really quite nice. That game always had stunning art design even on the Saturn.

Weren't they planning on remaking Zwei as well?

I've been playing REmake on the Gamecube. I played the original on the Saturn years ago, and liked it a lot. At the time I played as Jill, but for the remake, I decided to go with Chris on the first difficulty. The basic structure of the original RE is still great, but I actually don't like the remake much. The controls feel a lot more sloppy, and the changes to the mansion have been really annoying to me, so far. The main thing that bugs me is the magnets the zombies have for hands, now. Defense items feel like a knee-jerk to the fact that they made it practically impossible to dodge most zombies. I get it, they want me to get grabbed more, but it's just sort of a nuisance, especially because I can't just down them and be done with it. Fortunately I have the shotgun now to basically guarantee I can blow their heads off, but ammo also feels way more limited. The dogs also both suck and blow now. They barely do any damage, though, so they're really just an annoyance.

I didn't particularly like Dino Crisis because of a few of the alterations it made to the RE gameplay, which seem pretty insignificant, but really change everything (for the worse, I would say). In REmake, it's like they took all the nonsense of, 'Well, we'll give you way more healing than you could possibly need, but we're going to give you basically nothing for ammo, and zombies are going to follow you through doorways. So that's going to incentivize you to just run away from everything, but wait! Get this: Instead of being able to just run around or away from everything like in Dino Crisis, now we're going to trap you at every corner. Sounds great, right?' It just makes me want to say, 'No! Stop it.' The RE games aren't scary. I don't feel like that should have been the goal here. REmake is a little more tense than the original, but I feel like it's at the expense of the gameplay, personally. Part of me feels like just stopping and playing the original again. I don't think I will, but that's what I feel like doing.
They modernised the control scheme for later ports of remake, worth checking out if you're struggling with the tank controls.

Back