What game would you choose to have a ground up remake?

I love the Metal Gear Solid series. Started with MGS1 at release. I tried to play Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Snakes Revenge for the MSX a couple of years back but just couldn't get the hang of them.

I would love to see both overhauled as they are well dated now of course and redesigned in something like the fox engine would be very exciting indeed. How about you?

Besides Shenmue obviously,

Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES)

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

Crazy Taxi

Skies of Arcadia

San Fransisco Rush 2049

Have to be MGS1. I am slightly shocked they haven't done that already.

Also Panzer Dragoon and Jet Set Radio

I'd like to see Shenmue get a Kiwami treatment, or upgrade them in a way that is similar to Shenmue 3.

Other than that, I'd like to see the original Zeldagame, Link to the Past, Final Fantasy VI, Burning Rangers, Snatcher, and Busta groove

This is what I always wanted:
ff53ds.jpg
I thought S-E had made a wonderful set of Final Fantasy Remakes on the DS with 3 & 4, They continued to do Dragon Quest releases on the system with 7 & 8 - But they sort fo gave up on Final Fantasy and resorted to lousy mobile ports - I say this as they're awful 2D ports, all the character models look bubbley and horrid, unlike the masterful PSP 2D Remakes of 1,2 & 4!

I would have much preffered this as there stil isn't really a great way to play this entry on modern systems, I have the PS1 FF Anthology port but it's... very dated and loads slow. I was also hoping they'd continue to work towards a Final Fantasy VI remake which would have aced on the Switch and possibility a PS4 port. But sadly it seems to late for all that and it currently remains one of the few FF games I've not played.

Reactions: SCQ
I would love to see a remade Final Fantasy 8 with a fixed leveling up system. An FF6 remake would be cool too.

Like probably everyone here the shenmue series of course, I want to say JSRF but to be honest thanks to its cell shaded graphics it already looks fine so I would be happier if they put those resources in to a new jet set game.

Metal gear solid and skies of arcadia would be cool too, as well as the first 2 persona games.

BLiNX: The Time Sweeper. The only problems it had were a result of being early 3D (4D), with dodgy aiming and camera control. Everything else about the game is amazing and I'd love to see it with the problems fixed (and perhaps a few of the improvements from BLiNX 2 like first-person mode, aiming reticule, and combo time controls).

I would love to see a remade Final Fantasy 8 with a fixed leveling up system.

Not a popular choice, probably, in grand scheme of things, but personally I agree. The general gameplay part of the game was its weakest link, outside of the few... complications in the story. Anyway, a remake would be real nice. I'd really like to know how did they get from FF7's rather simple yet extremely powerful system into FF8. Just to be different?

Not a popular choice, probably, in grand scheme of things, but personally I agree. The general gameplay part of the game was its weakest link, outside of the few... complications in the story. Anyway, a remake would be real nice. I'd really like to know how did they get from FF7's rather simple yet extremely powerful system into FF8. Just to be different?

I hear so many people say this and I personally never have this issue when playing the game. Once you have the GF Shop and can convert items into Magic Drawing never becomes an issues for the rest of the game. On the first island I train up and steal a load of Fish Fins from the Fastitocalon Enemies by the beach, soon I have them converted into 100 Curaga's off the bat. If anything issue with the game is the lack of development in the other main party characters - Even Rinoa's story is sort of flat but it does make up for it in Squall whom is one of the more compelling from the series.. ... IMO :)

Skies of Arcadia, complete with some kind of Pokemon Go ish app where you'll find moon fragments in your near by area to feed your pet ?

Bubble Bobble, childhood favorite

I hear so many people say this and I personally never have this issue when playing the game. Once you have the GF Shop and can convert items into Magic Drawing never becomes an issues for the rest of the game. On the first island I train up and steal a load of Fish Fins from the Fastitocalon Enemies by the beach, soon I have them converted into 100 Curaga's off the bat.
The main issue people have is how leveling up is actually useless as enemies level up with you and that the whole junction system can be easily broken.

I hear so many people say this and I personally never have this issue when playing the game. Once you have the GF Shop and can convert items into Magic Drawing never becomes an issues for the rest of the game. On the first island I train up and steal a load of Fish Fins from the Fastitocalon Enemies by the beach, soon I have them converted into 100 Curaga's off the bat. If anything issue with the game is the lack of development in the other main party characters - Even Rinoa's story is sort of flat but it does make up for it in Squall whom is one of the more compelling from the series.. ... IMO :)

Yeah, all in all, you can live with junction system (thanks SCQ, totally forgot what it was called) and rather well at that, this is true, but to me it always felt to be fighting against itself. Also gameplay wise the whole thing--draw this, draw that--seems off to me. :unsure: Compared to FF7 it was just so complicated... design wise.

Story wise, the complications excluded, still resonated with me almost better than any other. :unsure: Lost Odyssey is probably the only one.

EDIT: Oh, Last Ninja for a remake!

Last edited:

FF8 is also my personal favourite. Wasnt too keen on 9 then 10 came round and I lost the love for Final Fantasy.

Skies of Arcadia was amazing and id love to play that again.

Maybe you're already aware of the 'Shadow Moses' project here

It was planned to be a free release until Konami caught wind and shut the project down. They did actually give some backing to another dev (I forget the name) who was working on original metal gear 1 & 2 remakes but pulled the plug on it unfortunately. Missed opportunities for sure!

@AXM yeah I loved rush 2046,many hours spent in the stunt mode!

I'd kill for a straight port of pop n twin bee from SNES to ps4 remakes aside.

They... they did. It was called Twin Snakes and it was complete garbage...

They... they did. It was called Twin Snakes and it was complete garbage...
It was alright, a bit easy due to it being in MGS2's engine and the cutscenes were exaggerated, but still, it was an alright game.

Back