An annoucement about shenmue is coming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 8839
Great job MJQ. You cracked it! Looks like it’s a game of some sort. Probably mobile.
I don't want to burst a bubble here but I know what that is. It's not a game, it's another community project but I can't say more than that.

If it is an anime, then I sure hope there will be a physical edition available. There's a Scottish anime company called "All The Anime" that do cracking boxsets (getting into Gundam recently was a fool's game as they destroy my wallet with monthly boxsets...!)

A blu-ray boxset with art book/soundtrack = 🍆

Isn't Mongolia actually kind of pertinent to the Shenmue story?

I seem to recall talk of Mongolia...

We're probably blowing up some kid's fan page... :eek:

That would be Inner Mongolia, which is actually a province in China. (final chapter card or 9th chapter card, IIRC)

Also, Nadam, Agon and Uzun, are Mongolian Wrestlers.

Congo is Mongolian as well, is he not?

I haven't been this excited for an announcement since Shenmue III.

I personally don't want it to be a manga simply because I've never been interested in those. If it is though I'll gladly buy multiple copies regardless.

The anime option would be intriguing seeing what parts they would keep and remove. Also what upcoming voice actors they would cast. Not to mention how far it would go and what other characters they would focus on to stretch out the runtime.

If I had a choice it would be live action. I've always felt that Shenmue would work extremely well in that space. Also it would be fascinating to see who they cast to be live action Ryo and Nozomi. I'm stoked for Saturday.

Whatever it is I only see this as a positive for the future of the franchise.

Someone on Resetera says Crunchyroll has an event this weekend... they're an anime streaming platform. No other events that fit the bill.

Realms Deep 2020 is a gaming event happening on Saturday, but doesn't really fit Shenmue: https://www.realmsdeep.game/

Buuuuut...

If this is an anime, then Crunchyroll Expo runs from September 4 to 6: https://expo.crunchyroll.com/

I checked the panels for Saturday, and one panel teases a big announcement from Crunchyroll and Adult Swim: https://expo.crunchyroll.com/New-Cr...panel-name=Crunchyroll-Virtual-Industry-Panel

Could be irrelevant. We'll see... I've exhausted Google & Twitter for leads.

A lot of new informations now, i really think this announcement will be Shenmue Anime, maybe adaptation of Shenmue I till Shenmue III with a lot of new things, maybe in the end we will see "To be continued in the game Shenmue IV"

If it is something like this i think will be really good.
Shenmue.jpg

Okay guys. Looks like it's all figured out ! :sneaky:

On saturday we will get the announce of 'Shibuya productions' new anime. Hopefully a series...

Yes, it totally looks like Cedric's kinda angry answer points he is the producer of this anime. And as someone pointed out : he knows the date of the announce, when some days ago he did pretend he didn't know anything about this :sneaky:.

Shibuya Productions did a reboot for Astro Boy, Cobra, and last year they organized the meeting between the japanese creator of Captain Harlock and a french drawer in order for them to collaborate on another reboot... Linking people and getting IP's is a part of their job.

They did negociate Sega's permission to create Shenmue 3 and helped to produce it. They know Yu Suzuki very well. It means he's on board, which is reassuring. And maybe they have Kenji Miyawaki (Shenmue's main character designer) to design the anime.

Shibuya respects the original creations and works with artists to make it look modern. I totally trust them to pay respect to Shenmue. Plus : with their new Manga label "Iwa", it opens ways for a Shenmue manga afterwards... Can't wait ! :cool:

Cobra teaser
Astro boy teaser

Last edited:
Imagine if Yu Suzuki is on board in this, he can add a lot of things that was cut in the games, tell more stories about characters like Tom, Mark, we can even see his brother in the anime.

We can see more about Shiling, Niao Sun, Xiuying and many others. In shenmue III i wanted more screen time for the new characters, characters like Shiling, Qiu Hsu, grandmaster Bei. In the anime is possible to add more scenes with them, if this is the announcement i will be really happy.

Exciting news ahead! What a great day!

I'm also pretty sure it's an anime, but I wouldn't bet 100% that it's Shibuya productions behind it. That would mean full involvement of Yu Suzuki and it would be an almost completely sweet (and not sour) announcement. And would Shibuya Productions be described as "a pretty notable company"? Maybe it would, I'm really not into the world of Anime so I don't know if they have built a big reputation there. What I think is certain is that Cedric knows today what it is. And it would be normal, since he's in an anime company and must have insider contacts in the industry and will know about that event.

The "sour" part of the announcement I would bet will be that the new anime diverts a good amount in tone or content from the games. In the worst case, something like the World of Final Fantasy game where it was all chibi versions of the characters LOL:

1366_2000.jpg

I'm tired and confused over here. But what I saw through my blurry vision was Anime. I think it's an anime. And If it looks anything near those pretty images above then I will defenetly watch it!

(But I hope this isn't some kind of substitute of Shemmue IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back