110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

They should never of initially responded in the way that they did and it could of been avoided. If they were working on it, they should of kept it secret. They should of known this was going to happen and what this fanbase is like. (They knew what they were doing to begin with when posting teases, likes, follows etc.)

Wanted looks like a cool game and they still say there’s another announcement. Im cool with them running their business. This game has been their priority for a while. It’s a new business and their first title. They’re going to promote it.

Wanted looks like a cool game and they still say there’s another announcement. Im cool with them running their business. This game has been their priority for a while. It’s a new business and their first title. They’re going to promote it.
Wouldn't be too unusual to promote two things at a time. Their next game is called 'vengeance is mine'. Makes sense they promote that one too. Oh wait.....

wanted is probably the only game with a release date ? I don’t really see how promoting their main game is trolling or unfair.
It's not, it's just teasing really. It's like asking your children if they are hungry before mealtime, smiling as they respond and then heading back to the kitchen and continue making food for someone else haha.

Last edited:
If a couple of us hadn’t bothered them on social media there’d be no Shenmue rumors or announcements to even worry about. Up til a month ago all they posted about was Wanted, then we got involved.

They probably shouldn’t engage like that again. Other companies certainly don’t. Or maybe they don’t care and are looking forward to a large audience when they do have something to announce. I just don’t agree they’re doing much wrong, especially if they’re truly releasing Shenmue 4 or a new Ys Net game.

Last edited:
If they were working on it, they should of kept it secret.
They probably shouldn’t engage like that again.
I totally get this stance and I know everyone has their own personal opinions on things, but PERSONALLY I've just been so happy to see the Dojo light up in response to these teases. And I'm glad to have been given some new hope, myself. I think I'm much happier with these teases that haven't actually led anywhere than I would have been with continued silence. But again, that's just how I feel.

oh, I’m enjoying it. It’s more that it’s set an expectation that’s caused some folks to turn a bit negative and it’d suck to see that energy backfire. I don’t feel like directly criticizing them over Twitter for not announcing something on our schedule is the most flattering image for this community, especially if they’re truly working with YS. But I’m sure whatever they’re doing won’t be influenced by some social media replies, so I won’t worry too much. Truthfully folks will just lose interest if the teases dry up, so I’m sure we’re good.

Last edited:
I totally get this stance and I know everyone has their own personal opinions on things, but PERSONALLY I've just been so happy to see the Dojo light up in response to these teases. And I'm glad to have been given some new hope, myself. I think I'm much happier with these teases that haven't actually led anywhere than I would have been with continued silence. But again, that's just how I feel.
It feels like a bit like a sugar high to me though. It felt great at first... Now I'm just tired, a bit deflated and grumpy.

Formally updated their office address six days ago... what took so long?

UPDATE DATE​

2022-05-11

CHANGE DATE​

2022-05-06

I'll give you all the tiny updates I can handle. Things finally clicking into place!? Timing seems interesting... I had to learn to spell 'Ys Net' in Furigana to get there - 『ワイエスネット』

Last edited:

Formally updated their office address six days ago... what took so long?

I'll give you all the tiny updates I can handle. Things finally clicking into place!? Timing seems interesting... I had to learn to spell 'Ys Net' in Furigana to get there - 『ワイエスネット』

Why is the timing interesting?

Back