Shenmue I&II official release date in Japan (22.NOV / limited edition)

Oh man the LE packaging looks cool but cool enough to spend £65 on getting it to the UK? Well if you have a Shenmue collection then of course! I'd imagine if it sells out & ends up on eBay the prices will go silly. At least Amazon don't charge until dispatch so there's plenty of time to change your mind. Would have been awesome to get a similar LE in the West. Also does anyone know for sure if the PS4 is region free? So many conflicting answers on google.
It is worth it.

I live in the states but I will find a way to preorder the limited edition. It's a must!

I really want to buy, but brazilian govern taxes a lot imports above $ 50. I'll wait some retailer to import the LE and I hope I'll not pay more than $ 150.

Anyway, great edition. The box art is amazing. The button colors of PS4 edition are a bit ugly IMO. The Playstation shapes would look better (something like the Steam layout)

i dont know yet. the box looks super good but i have to pay 52€ + 8€ shipping + 14€ customs = 74€.
thats the price of a brand new game and i'm not rich. o_O

So glad that my very first post in the new site is about pre-ordering a NEW Limited Edition of Shenmue! What a glorious time to be a Shenmue fan !!!

09O2jBg.png

Man, this HD collection is going to have some nice sales figures at this rate. Hope this serves as a wake-up call for Sega to support this franchise post-Shenmue 3.

Reactions: AXM
I wonder how many actual japanese fans are buying those :ROFLMAO:

I wouldn't have thought we would ever get shafted again with a Shenmue release, especially since the vast majority of the support came from the west and this particular version was produced in the west as well.
It puzzles me too. It may have something to do with the west becoming increasingly digital so SEGA thought it wouldn't be worth releasing the limited edition here. Which is dumb since we're talking about shenmue fans, a fanbase that has been so starved that they would spend hundreds of dollars for an official shenmue bottle cap if it existed.

It puzzles me too. It may have something to do with the west becoming increasingly digital so SEGA thought it wouldn't be worth releasing the limited edition here. Which is dumb since we're talking about shenmue fans, a fanbase that has been so starved that they would spend hundreds of dollars for an official shenmue bottle cap if it existed.
Yeah, Sega is being really, really dumb with this. Making a Limited Edition version for Japan only, when the western fans are so passionate, crazy and milkable that they're willingly buying about four version of the game at the same time is an incredibly stupid decision.

maybe it has something to do with the publishing rights for the music?
i dont know but Adam said that there is a specific reason.

What's the best and easiest way for an American to preorder this and have it shipped? I don't have much experience with amazon and can't read Japanese so going to that site may doom me to making a mistake...

Man, this HD collection is going to have some nice sales figures at this rate. Hope this serves as a wake-up call for Sega to support this franchise post-Shenmue 3.
I really hope we will be seeing the SEGA logo when launching shenmue 4. I know it's something pretty insignificant but for nostalgia's sake it would make me warm inside.

Back