Discovering New Things? Small Details You've Noticed This Time Around?

Some of the music is amazing, didn't appreciate it as much at the time though. In my current play through I heard a track, think it was the first time you meet Gui Zhang outside your work. I tried to record it so I could find it in amongst some of the uploaded soundtracks on YouTube, but I couldn't record it in time. It was such a great track and fit so well. I just kept looking to my wife saying "You hearing this? ... You seeing this? .... this game is almost 20yrs old!!!".

The music is awesome! This playthrough I noticed better the dramatic 40th floor music, in the ... throne room of Dou Niu's inherent bad taste. It sounds an awful lot like something out of Skies of Arcadia which fits given the surroundings.

The music is awesome! This playthrough I noticed better the dramatic 40th floor music, in the ... throne room of Dou Niu's inherent bad taste. It sounds an awful lot like something out of Skies of Arcadia which fits given the surroundings.

Skies of Arcadia, now that was a game that raised the bar. Loved it, loved it, loved it. Gahhh they just don't make 'em like that anymore. I can't remember if I finished it if I'm being honest. I remember spending time just flysailing round looking for treasures.

I realize at this point I am deviating from Shenmue speak and I'm sorry haha.

Love the top floor music; the three-note, "da-da-dun," is awesome and makes things super suspenseful!

Eileen?!?!? Eileen has NEVER been a secret lol and she's actually not doing Tai Chi, but Piquhazhang (sp?) or something; she talks with her hands a ton.

Eileen is the key to two of 'mue II's best secrets; the fights in the Arcade and Fangmei's bday.

Somehow I almost completely missed her the first time I played S2. I just never returned to hang out and take in the view at Pigeon Park until pretty late in that part of the game, I was always just rushing past there. Once I finally spotted her it really made me reconsider my pace and I slowed down and looked around a lot more!

Me too!

When I played it for the first time in 2008, I didn't, "rush through it," per se, but I used a guide, just to ensure that I didn't miss any story parts and I completely avoided anything optional.

Thus, I missed her completely and Fangmei as well; I've done the birthday piece every single playthrough since (save for the remaster, as I beat 'mue in late December and I wasn't going to wait around for 3 in-game months), as well as unlock Duck Racing.

If it is raining while going after Ren at Pigeon park, when they run away he will have an umbrella sticking out of him!

Also might be related to a glitch I encountered and have never heard of, or seen before. Continuing to troubleshoot and test the issue.

doing a random Yokosuka disc 3 run, after doing my Hong Kong disc 2 random run last month. Apparently in this old save file from years ago (was probably a speed run to simply get to certain save points or disc starts), I never found the photo of Iwao with unknown friend.

The photo becomes a cannon item during a scene after the 70 man battle, in Ryo's room as 5am, when Fuku-san says he was waiting up for you to show you what he found in the basement... never even heard of such a scene to attempt seeing or else I would've purposely done so by now!

I've been wasting some time on Dragon St while I wait for the scout. I learned:
a. The guy who plays the fiddle at the beginning of the game has a shop there
b. There's a kid who wants to be a swashbucklin' pirate, and Ryo encourages him; moreover, he tells a random girl to draw a dog. May there be more of this delightful arbitrariness in S3.

In a morning sparring of disc 2, I did a roll forward which made me go through then behind fuku san, never saw that move before.
I haven't tried to reproduce but I remember doing arm+leg during a dodge, or was it just a special dodge from the sparring event ?

Anyone else notice how the FREE 2 music from Shenmue 1 sounds similar to South Carmain Qtr’s night theme?

After spotting Wen Lu Ming among the crowd around the Acrobat Style Master ring, I took some map screenshots to figure out if there might be a connection between him standing there and him showing up down in the sewers in a speedrun (Hi Carlos!).

Turns out the position is about as perfect of a match as it could be. The dots on the map screenshots don't match exactly but keep in mind that he is a few paces away from Ryo above ground and you can't get any closer.

So... By glitching into the underground this guy apparently just falls straight down through the floor. Kinda neat to know his placement isn't totally random at least.

ZkkKutw.jpg

EtmeUIP.jpg

rX5fzbM.jpg

Ig5JbXp.jpg

During my current playthrough of S2, I've won the duck race with my own duck for the first time.
Nothing cool happens, you just get the gold medal, but still it's a tiny little secret hidden in S2 which I have uncovered after all these years.

Aso, in Pigeon Café in Worker's Pier, there are some really awesome songs on the jukebox which I had never heard in my life, such as "Theme - Arrange I" which is a really awesome remix of the Shenmue main theme and also "Girl of the Wind". You guys should listen to those. Check em out!

I just realized that if you carry a save over from Shenmue 1, that it carries your slot tokens over too. So, if you go into a slot house in 2, the guy at the counter will give you any tokens you didn’t spend in Shenmue 1.

Those Slot Houses must be a chain that has a database of accounts world-wide 15 years before that kind of thing became normal for everything besides slot houses.

During my current playthrough of S2, I've won the duck race with my own duck for the first time.
Nothing cool happens, you just get the gold medal, but still it's a tiny little secret hidden in S2 which I have uncovered after all these years.

Aso, in Pigeon Café in Worker's Pier, there are some really awesome songs on the jukebox which I had never heard in my life, such as "Theme - Arrange I" which is a really awesome remix of the Shenmue main theme and also "Girl of the Wind". You guys should listen to those. Check em out!

Me too. “Made of Iron”, man.

It really makes me hate that there isn’t a cassette player and cassette tapes in Shenmue 2.

Back