Random Shenmue Thoughts

I posted something but realized it belongs in the S3 forum. Don’t know how to delete my post, my bad!

Yes, I just couldn't seem to get her past the 1st bunch of questions - I even used a guide to answer them right :p

But I'm over that now...

I'm planning to get the trophy for Arm Wrestling, any recommendations on the easiest route?

While doing the fangmei anniversary I always answered what I wanted at the time and it always worked.
I really don't think that there are right and wrong answers on this, or was I always lucky ?

While doing the fangmei anniversary I always answered what I wanted at the time and it always worked.
I really don't think that there are right and wrong answers on this, or was I always lucky ?

There are wrong answers, but they're usually obvious (the correct response to "isn't Master Tao amazing?" is obviously not "Is she?"; and obviously you don't talk about all the sexy ladies you've met so far in the story).

Onto Kowloon in the story, some awesome scenes so far. Only thing that sort of kills the immersion briefly is having certain NPCs from Wan Chai following you to Kowloon, there's a couple I recongnise that sort of just walk around both cities with seemingly no strict routine, aside from filling out the streets depending on where Ryo is. It is funny seeing them in various locations though! I also saw two identical NPCs next to each other, but I assume that was a glitch? Wish I'd taken a snapshot of that.

Onto Kowloon in the story, some awesome scenes so far. Only thing that sort of kills the immersion briefly is having certain NPCs from Wan Chai following you to Kowloon, there's a couple I recongnise that sort of just walk around both cities with seemingly no strict routine, aside from filling out the streets depending on where Ryo is. It is funny seeing them in various locations though! I also saw two identical NPCs next to each other, but I assume that was a glitch? Wish I'd taken a snapshot of that.
Actually on that note, I found it hilarious when you meet the Capsule Toy guy & He sounds surprised to see you! :p

Actually on that note, I found it hilarious when you meet the Capsule Toy guy & He sounds surprised to see you! :p
Really? Gonna have to try and find him then! I found the younger fortune teller that you originally meet just after you get off the boat when I was in the Dancing Dragon Building (I think). I wonder if its a happening destination to be at? Just a bit funny that a game with so many NPCs all doing their own thing also has other minor NPCs that have nothing to say (basically just acting as leads in case your looking for a certain location) "follow" you as you play. One of the old geezers that followed me to Kowloon used to do Taichi just by the Man Mo Bistro. I watched him for hours (game time) just to see if he had any sort of routine but it seems he doesn't, merely acting as a background character for areas I guess?

There are wrong answers, but they're usually obvious (the correct response to "isn't Master Tao amazing?" is obviously not "Is she?"; and obviously you don't talk about all the sexy ladies you've met so far in the story).
Ok I didn't know, I thought I already answered "I don't know" at that first one because at that point you don't know master tao much, isn't having more right than wrong answer enough ?

Ok I didn't know, I thought I already answered "I don't know" at that first one because at that point you don't know master tao much, isn't having more right than wrong answer enough ?

If you give a wrong answer Fangmei will refuse to talk to you for the rest of the day.

It was raining for a brief moment inside the library, I suspect it has something to do with re-release bugs
ntR4U8R.jpg

That bug cracked me up, had the same thing myself. Airing the books out is the least of their worries if the roof leaks!

Anyway, about to visit the Ghost Hall Building and while I was investigating I went to grab a couple of moves scrolls from the Thousand White Building, and who do I find? Why this guy!

I'd stumbled across this guy at various points in the game already, he's always doing something - from Taichi in the Wise Man's Qtr, to grabbing a bite to eat in White Dynasty Qtr and even checking out some Gambling in Kowloon. Turns out he owns one of the weapons shops as well!

I have one question about airing the books in shenmue hongkong, are the qte random here ?

I play without hud and wrote all qte aside even though I deliberately make mistakes sometime but I found nothing for these, and since some cutscenes depend on it I would like to do it right if I can.

In my experience, they are random; the rate at which Up is the input, always varies with me.

It was raining for a brief moment inside the library, I suspect it has something to do with re-release bugs
ntR4U8R.jpg
May I ask how you are playing as Joy? And where I can find a 'how to'?

Back