Recent content by Sean9014

1. Sean9014

Questions pertaining to trophy completion.

I'm on my first playthrough, currently I'm still in Bailu village, I'm almost at the end of the Bailu section. I know this because I already made it to the next area and decided to come back once I realised it was a point if no return and I had unfinished business in Bailu. I'd like to clear up...
  2. Sean9014

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I seem to have hit a serious bug. I saved next to the bed, then powered down my PS4, upon returning to the game, I return by the bed, select sleep, it goes into the laying down animation but the sleep/save/cancel options remain, ryo awakes and the options save/cancel remain, I can only save, if...
  3. Sean9014

Steam vs Epic Games

Curious to know how many fans who have waited this long for the game will genuinely not play it on the basis of it having to be launched through an epic games client rather than a steam one. Like does the disdain for Epic outweigh the love and want for Shenmue from the real long term franchise...
  4. Sean9014

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Hey, I'm nearing the end of S2 and worrying I may have missed a trophy but not sure. Maybe someone can confirm. The trophy in question is related to seeing the flowers. Early on when walking with Shenhua I think I selected hurry on once or twice and now night has fallen and I think we're about...
  5. Sean9014

General Shenmue & Shenmue II talk

Advice needed! Progressing through 2 faster than I realised/wanted. I'm on Ryo's final day in Wan Chai. Can I stay in Wan Chai as long as I don't speak to Xiuying? Like can I just avoid her until its time for bed and keep doing new days here? I wanted to do some duck racing this time around...
  6. Sean9014

Request - Strategy guide PDFs

I have the PDF for Versus books Shenmue I strategy, its fantastic. I know the first game pretty well, and whilst I don't need guides of the first game, they still often interesting to read. I myself am specifically looking for the best PDFs of strategy guides on Shenmue II as I'm sure I have...
  7. Sean9014

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Surprised by how enormous S2 still feels. I've only played through it twice, last time was many many years ago. I know S1 like the back of my hand, but I'm getting really lost in S2 (just like you're supposed to I guess!) Just enjoying being in awe at the scale of it once more.
  8. Sean9014

Yeah I too was hesitant at first incase the save was somehow corrupted, but all was well afterwards. I thought I was very lucky to not have earlier scenes bugged, the flashbacks with Iwao etc. I agree, the amount of bugs is unacceptable, even though most aren't game breaking, the amount of them...
  9. Sean9014

I too got glitched cutscenes from finding the mirror. One straight after, one each at the antique shops. I saved, rebooted and had no further bugs. I found it a little frustrating, but mostly I felt disheartened for those first time players experiencing the bugs, as I already know the cut...
  10. Sean9014

Pitch Your Shenmue III Moment!

During one stage in the game, your fishing is going well, you cast out again, 'woah, a bite!' exclaims Ryo. You reel the line in towards the edge of the water... This time it's not a fish though, Chai leaps from the water with a scream covered in weeds like some swamp thing 'HEEEEGHHH'.
  11. Sean9014

Underrated Retro Games

Here are two that I think most may have slept on. 1.) Pop n Twinbee for the SNES This is probably my favourite Sh'mup on almost any system. Released by Konami for the SNES but only in Europe and Japan. Its fun, fast, colourful, has a wonderful variety of enemies, levels, bosses, music. It's...
  12. Sean9014

Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 1

I I managed to save my clear file with no issue yesterday.
  13. Sean9014

70 man battle records

First attempt after beating the game. A modest 07:04:43 How did you guys fare? Pretty gutted because when I heard there was a leader board via the 70 man battle menu I thought it'd be online. Would love online leader boards patched in for the 70 man battle, arcade, forklift races and...
  14. Sean9014

Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 1

A lot of posts in here so forgive me if this has already been raised, but I just finished the 70 man battle on ps4 and it didn't display the number of enemies or the timer. This happen to anyone else? Also just noticed when leaving for Hong Kong, Iwao's speech didn't play over the music.
  15. Sean9014

Shenmue HD reviews and discussion

Yeah, sometimes people get way to angry over video games, it's like when you beat someone on FIFA and they message you this kind of rage...
Back