110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if 110 is in the picture now does that mean Deep Silver is no longer a player in the game?

Probably not. Deep Silver doesnt do like collaboration projects with other publishers.
Their projects are their projects.
The only thing they could do is helping as distributor for example for the physical stuff.
But i doubt that, i think there would be some kind of hint already if Deep Silver / Koch Media is still on board.
I guess its 110 Industries on their own now. I dont even know if 110 Industries does physical releases

Thats btw honestly hard to tell because 110 Industries has no releases yet.
Its possible that Shenmue 4 is digital only. There is no physical release announced for their Wanted Dead game yet.
Just saying. I hope it will get a physical release.
Call me spoiled kid but i cant conceive not really owning Shenmue IV. I shall unbox, sniff um ahh sniff, and touch it and stick it in my disc drive

Shenmue 3 development was kinda a s&@! show from the very beginning. When it was assumed that Sony was helping in development that got the ball rolling in the wrong way. Shenmue 3 could've possibly raised a more significant amount of money if it wasn't for that misstep.

I'm not trying to absolve Deep Silver but they did alot of good for the game. They got us the remaining money to fulfill all the Kickstarter tiers.

Call me spoiled kid but i cant conceive not really owning Shenmue IV. I shall unbox, sniff um ahh sniff, and touch it and stick it in my disc drive

If Shenmue 4 is digital only we should reach out to Limited Run for physical copies and collectors.

Shenmue 3 development was kinda a s&@! show from the very beginning. When it was assumed that Sony was helping in development that got the ball rolling in the wrong way. Shenmue 3 could've possibly raised a more significant amount of money if it wasn't for that misstep.

I'm not trying to absolve Deep Silver but they did alot of good for the game. They got us the remaining money to fulfill all the Kickstarter tiers.
Actually i never thought at it like this... im rather impulsive :( Maybe i was wrong all this time? The kickstarter tiers part kind o knock-knocked me :hmm:

OK, bare with me here.

Hanna (@Araviel) just posted this from one of the 110 Industries CEO's twitter page:-

In a group chat, @24Nathan joked and said that that view could be from the new YSnet Offices which would imply that the 110 Industries CEO could be in their offices lol. So I did a little bit of Googling and with some help from Google Lens, I think he might actually be correct ... :D

With google lens, I focused on the most distinct high rise building, which turns the result of Taiyo Seimei Shinagawa building:-
View attachment 14983
If you google maps this, it turns out to be the correct location (and thus building) as you can verify it with the train tracks:-
View attachment 14984
I recently recall that someone found the new YSnet office address, and posted it on Reddit. After throwing that into google maps you can see that YSnets new building is located somewhere in the same exact location:-
View attachment 14986

I haven't managed to narrow down the exact building yet, so could use some help there, but it should be extremely close. If we have worked this one out, that is fucking madness!!!

Edit:-
Looks like the CEO might be staying at the Shinagawa Prince Hotel N Tower, which is where the picture was taken from? This would line up with the perspective of the Taiyo Seimei building image :D
View attachment 14987
I mean it is super close to their office, but I suppose there’s millions of offices on a 13-minute walk in such a dense city…

Attachments

• 8ABF5F4B-93D3-4862-9A10-60E3BCF137E7.jpeg
    8ABF5F4B-93D3-4862-9A10-60E3BCF137E7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4

- No marketing for the game
- Bad marketing using old assets
- Sending the game to die by releasing it in November to meet their quarter
- The epic deal (which is fine to be fair, but at least split the money with ysnet and have the steam issue sorted out upfront instead of ignoring it just to get your paycheck)
- withholding reviews
- They had a shenmue community manager that none of us knew about because he did nothing to help the game
- Releasing it for £60
- Rushing the game out the door which led to the unplanned and rushed ending
- Cedric also thought they were shite.

Im grateful for the cash injection to the game to make it better, but they messed up on everything else and did more damage to the ip than any other company.

I even remember predicting shenmue 3s fate months in advance.

While many might not agree with my assessment. That's fine. But for me, deep silver will always be known as deep shit going forward. Im glad they're not associated with shenmue anymore and hope they never are

Why are people getting hyped about this? I have huge doubts that 110 will co-develop Shenmue IV. There is no evidence that 110 is creating 'moo IV at all.

I mean Yu Suzuki was a guest in the TGS 110 Industries presentation,
the people of 110 Industries clearly know about Shenmue and Yu Suzuki, (judging by their two Twitter accounts)
110 Industries liked dozens of Shenmue related user comments and press articles on their Twitter
and now they did post this ... lets call it Shenmue 3 easter egg announcement
+ a photo from 110 Industries CEO in Tokio where he is literally in the same area as YS Nets office
and they never officially denied that they are working on Shenmue even tho all the attention 110 Industries
got in the past couple of days was for Shenmue.

Sure, it still can be something else in the end, maybe,
but all of these hints are pointing to something Shenmue related, dont you think so?
Maybe they are just toying with that or its some other Yu Suzuki project
but their hints and clues are clearly pointing to 'something something Shenmue'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back