110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm maybe. I think that is wishful thinking though. He could have said things that are a little more ambiguous and open to interpretation. To me "If I had the opportunity" means he doesn't currently.

Hope I'm wrong though.
Actually he spoke this words many times since 2013, I think he said this words just because he try to make fans still hope for sequel, and he really did something for sequel

It is getting close to the point where it's not fun anymore. We had a few laughs and memes when they teased the announcement but it's now almost been a month since this reply:

After numerous replies, likes, announcement teases and Yu Suzuki connections, maybe it's time to actually comment?

They have 100% fanned the flames of the rumours by not denouncing them, giving cryptic responses and enabling fans to think they'e involved with Shenmue in some way. If they're not then the longer this goes on the more bad will they will have with Suzuki and Shenmue fans.

I just hope it's cleared up one way or another sooner than later.
If it ends up just being a wind up, I wonder how much Yu Suzuki would have known about it. If it does all turn out to be a wind up, then I'm hoping he knows very little about what has been happening in the past month, because I would be disappointed to see him go along with it and leave us hanging like this.

If it ends up just being a wind up, I wonder how much Yu Suzuki would have known about it. If it does all turn out to be a wind up, then I'm hoping he knows very little about what has been happening in the past month, because I would be disappointed to see him go along with it and leave us hanging like this.
At least Yu–San and Shenmue catch more attention now, I think it will be good for sequel and Yu–San.

What do you think "If I was given the chance" or whatever he actually said implies though?
imo this could be a friendly "thats all im allowed to say". i saw it before, its not like Yu exclusive.
Chill out everyone! this is lame psyop to cause deflation and then boom. this is the calm before the storm.
snf snf arf! i can smell Mue from here

People need to chill out lol. 110 will announce their big announcement when it's ready. Just because we don't get an announcement on Shenmue Day doesn't mean that it's the end of the world... We have one every month by the way ;)

I feel like we really shouldn't be taking Yu's words seriously. It was a PR answer, something that he has done for years. Even if he had been working on Shenmue IV for 2 years now, he's not going to come out and say that he's working on it and ruin a future announcement. It's just the way things work in the industry. He nearly fucked it before with Sony and the Forklift tweet and knows to not do that again. If he has found a partner (110 Industries hopefully), then there's no chance he is going to say "yep, I'm working on it" and announce it there and then. Think about it for a second from the publishers point of view. What you would rather have: Your game that you're spending millions of $ on announced with a 2 minute trailer, where you show off various aspects of the game through either gameplay or cinematic footage, or someone just say "Yes, actually I'm working on the game"...

Shenmue 3 is a prime example of how the press like to just take what little info they have (and what they choose to read...) and spin the shit out of it to fit their narrative. Shenmue 3 was bent over backwards and fucked from the very second that it was announced at the Kickstarter to the time it released. If I was involved in a future project in any way, I wouldn't show a single thing, or in this case, announce a single thing until it's ready in a state where people cannot shit on it.

As I said before like 50 pages ago, I cannot just tweet the CEO of Blizzard and ask him "Yo Mike, can you tell me if Starcraft 3 is in development please?". Never in a million years is he going to go "Yeh mate we working on it"... It's just how the industry works. You want your announcement to be a surprise for many reasons hence why they don't just come out and say it. It's more exciting for the fans, it creates a larger impact in peoples mind (mainly as it creates a massive wave of articles which equals eyes on the product, and in general more interest), and most importantly, it doesn't disappoint people for it being announced 3 years too early where they have to wait 2 years to even see a screenshot of the game.

Just be patient people. Our time will come. In the meantime, fuck all these clickbait "gaming journalists" who had a slow news week and needed their AdSense money.

Last edited:
The sudden anxiety, negativity and the panic has stemmed from the new articles spreading across the net, articles that are not fully accurate they took yu's words at the conference and twisted them into their version. That's the truth of it. Now it has people questioning and pondering this whole thing it's throws a spanner in the works for sure but only if we let it. Even if this isn't the announcement we are hoping for right now in the present moment so what? We waited 14-15 years before for shenmue 3. Personally I believe something is coming but they're going at their own pace. If you look at it from this point of view that maybe they don't want to drop a tease or an announcement on shenmue day because it might be to obvious. I think they're looking for that 'surprise' feeling that 3 had but we all know they won't capture that same feeling at E3 2015 but they'll still want to catch people off gaurd anyway with an S4 or Yu collab announcement. All I'll say is: don't be so discouraged or let doubt creep in just yet we are all in the same boat. Let's just be a little more patient and wait for the official word from 110. Once we know what their say is then we'll be able to plan our next move as a community. Shenmue the brand is in far better place than it was 10 years ago, it still holds value and can be profitable, the anime has proved this. If not now someone will eventually pick it up. We got this. Keep the faith. πŸ’ͺ

Last edited:
If it is Shenmue 4, they probably do have a timeline for when it's announced, and it may not be for a while. I don't even need an announcement, just keep the teases coming where there's no doubt it's Shenmue. Like an image of black garlic, a piggy bank or a drunk man passed out on a street corner.

ZEAtR0e.jpg

If it is Shenmue 4, they probably do have a timeline for when it's announced, and it may not be for a while. I don't even need an announcement, just keep the teases coming where there's no doubt it's Shenmue. Like an image of black garlic, a piggy bank or a drunk man passed out on a street corner.

ZEAtR0e.jpg
I don't need a tease for that...I see that every day bottom of my street 🀣🀣

Nothing has actually changed, lol. Dunno why anybody is getting the jitters over a set of articles that have either made up a quote or severely mistranslated the livestream.

It's the same stock answer Yu has trotted out every time he's been asked, which could easily just be misdirection.
I was more of a translators "dot, dot, dot" man myself.

I'm not losing hope at all in regards to an eventual announcement, and I suppose there's still time for an announcement to come today (I'm still on the hopeoids), but I guess it's possible that hitching expectations to Shenmue day, which is something 110 have no relation to whatsoever, may have been misguided. *shrug* eh, it'll come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back