110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

Shenmue animation's JP TV airing finishes at end of September, a week after TGS. If we hear nothing game/anime-related (i.e. no further airings, or bluray releases) or even a stray Shenmue-related fart from a publisher by that point I think I'm gonna go into a Shenmue news hibernation to not drag out my frustrations.

Last edited:
Shenmue animation's JP TV airing finishes at end of September, a week after TGS. If we hear nothing game/anime-related (i.e. no further airings, or bluray releases) or even a stray Shenmue-related fart from a publisher by that point I think I'm gonna go into a Shenmue news hibernation to not drag out my frustrations.
I've already entered it, fortunately. Air Twister and a busy year knocked it outta me!

I was wondering if the anime has performed well in Japan if Sega would move forward with another season without crunchy roll / adult swim ? I understand they licensed the property out but I don't know if either of those parties have the rights to any subsequent seasons

I was wondering if the anime has performed well in Japan if Sega would move forward with another season without crunchy roll / adult swim ? I understand they licensed the property out but I don't know if either of those parties have the rights to any subsequent seasons
In short they can do yes.

Only reason I don’t see Sega doing it is they don’t really have anything Shenmue related to sell at the moment. I have a solution to that problem…
Please, sir, would you mind to develop?
Damn, you're good at cliffhangers and clickbait...

Last edited:
Only reason I don’t see Sega doing it is they don’t really have anything Shenmue related to sell at the moment. I have a solution to that problem…
Ooohhh I know whatcha talking about, I get it...

1659140253409.png

qaaa.png

A BRAND NEW SHENMUE'S PACHINKO MOTORBIKE EDITION! IT'S PERFECT.

If poor sales are a worry for Shenmue 4, just release the standard edition at $300 dollars and include a few cheap accessories with the disc to justify it. Release it at Christmas and include a Shenmue Christmas cracker, complete with a Shenmue party hat and forklift toy as prizes. All of us crazies in here will all buy it at least twice. Some will pledge to buy a copy a month on the first day of pay day.

Oh and make the last chapter of the game a $50 dlc.

Yeah... Go on and laugh off. We still have no answer from mjqjazzbar and if you ask me "is there any chance for a fan suddenly achieving to sign Sega onboard because he had a suppa plan out of the air?" Yes, in the convoluted and wacky Shenmue development history, it sounds perfectly possible to me. Moreover this person is very commited to Shenmue.
So lyao everyone, Meanwhile I'll be shaking in fear just thinking about the chance he comes back with a chain of mails with SEGA and they saying "ok you convinced us, let's get Shenmue IV with all the power, pharaonic budget and the rest of spicy sauce.

The more I think about it I believe Shenmue 4 will eventually happen. 110 responded to a Shenmue 4 tweet with "eventually." I think Yu wants to establish YSNet as a stable gaming company while working with other companies like 110, Sega, etc. The collaboration with Deep Silver probably left a bad impression with YSNet and going forward Yu wants to keep full control of the project. We may have to wait for YSNet to lay a solid foundation, its gonna be a marathon not a sprint.

20220801_111914.jpg

Back