110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

Because it's in the middle of a lotta chunk of rumors surrounding Shenmue 4, or at least YSNet new project.

It's been nearly 3 years after Shenmue 3, so it's almost proof that they are working hard on something.
Pretty much. It’s about all the proof we have of something going on, which isn’t much. I’ll just choose to imagine 100 people happily typing away inside that building. I guess Ys Net still being in business shouldn’t be much of a revelation, but the two story thing still seems kind of interesting. There’s no other info out there, though, unless I’m missing something. No job posts or mysterious secret Ys Net projects listed deep within the internet as far as I can tell. They’re either directly recruiting outside the Net or using some sort of secret project name, imo.

Last edited:
Maybe managing expectations

Yeah, either that means that they were never making Shenmue 4 (or a YSnet project) in the first place, and now they are trying to kinda slowly and gently kill the rumors. Or They are trying to cover tracks.

But yeah, the lack of teasing recently tends to make me believe that maybe the big announcement isn't Shenmue nor YSnet related. idk.

110 Industries spy here:
Dear spy, sir/m'am, i appeal and beg to your beautiful kind soul and gift us something. Look at your heart, a month is way too much. Look over there... the poor kids, see? They, They're starting doing and saying weird things. Please some clue.

Signed:
a friend, a servant, an slave, a worm

As people have said before Yu Suzuki and YS-NET probably don't want any negativity before they have something nice and shiny to show off. The risk of negative press from a premature announcement - which could then goes onto ruin any positive momentum from the anime - is far greater than any positive that could be gained. I wonder if YS-NET saw 110 industries's teasing and just told them to hold off for the moment. The publisher is relatively new as well, perhaps they are being an overly eager beaver to get people's ears perked up.

I wouldn't read into it a huge amount either way, as it's very possible their social media people are just Sick Of Our Shit™. 😂
idk over twitter (its like some disco club, with people dying stabbed or shot, and more people keep goin)
here people has been balanced. Counting out few potential offices raids of course.

Yes, I appreciate that we’re all a little overexcited at the moment (or we were). But if it turns out to be something else, I hope we don’t embarrass ourselves as a fandom by causing grief to 110 Industries (or Josh Prod). It’s not our place to ‘hold people to account’ just because we are disappointed at an outcome of social media teasing. I’m starting to think Yu is involved with 110 Industries but not necessarily on an expensive Shenmue project. Fingers crossed either way.

Until they confirm either way I think they deserve some good natured teasing themselves. Personally, I see no issue with people asking nicely for Shenmue in every single tweet. That's what their social media is for after all. It's not someone's home address that we are knocking on the door of. It's used to promote and gauge the public's interest in their products. Well, they teased a product and we are showing our interest.

Yes, I appreciate that we’re all a little overexcited at the moment (or we were). But if it turns out to be something else, I hope we don’t embarrass ourselves as a fandom by causing grief to 110 Industries (or Josh Prod). It’s not our place to ‘hold people to account’ just because we are disappointed at an outcome of social media teasing. I’m starting to think Yu is involved with 110 Industries but not necessarily on an expensive Shenmue project. Fingers crossed either way.
omg Nick Hughes is alias right? mmmpfff i won't

im running out of hopium folks
Got plenty of copium if you need some :D
No job posts or mysterious secret Ys Net projects listed deep within the internet as far as I can tell. They’re either directly recruiting outside the Net or using some sort of secret project name, imo.
I remember when Shenmue III was being developed and some AM2 staffers went to work on the project, so he's likely got enough industry contacts that they don't need to advertise. A bit like this quote
Keiji Okayasu, who was sub-director for Shenmue I and II, describes how he came to be involved in the development of Shenmue 3.

"I wasn't involved at all, in the beginning. I saw the announcement on the internet, just like everyone else, although I had heard rumors".

In the following six months, the project Okayasu had been working on wound up, and so he sent Suzuki an email to offer help with Shenmue 3. However, initially, no response was forthcoming.

"He hadn't read my mail, and so I didn't get any reply," says Okayasu, gesturing to Suzuki with a laugh.

However, on trying again a month later, this time Suzuki called him back immediately - and asked him to start the following day.

"He was definitely the person I most wanted to work with, but the reason I didn't reach out to him was because I figured that he was in an important position, and I didn't for the life of me imagine he would be able to join the team," explains Suzuki, referring to Okayasu's position as president of his own company (studiofake).

Okayasu, for his part, had not anticipated working on the third game.

That's from an article our very own @Switch translated

omg Nick Hughes is alias right? mmmpfff i won't
Sorry to disappoint, it’s my real name. I just don’t want more bad publicity for us Shenmue fans! Especially with some of those types who jump on every social media post saying how ‘awful’ they thought Shenmue 3 was and they ‘don’t want Shenmue 4’.

Sorry to disappoint, it’s my real name. I just don’t want more bad publicity for us Shenmue fans! Especially with some of those types who jump on every social media post saying how ‘awful’ they thought Shenmue 3 was and they ‘don’t want Shenmue 4’.
Au contraire, sir, you dont disappoint. Big fan. Sorry for my school revival. As soon as the eagle with a whip ShenShun see my post it will get snipped out, don't worry.
Now seriously, subscribe your words 100%. We must show that we are fanbase worthy to engage with. To let them know: no pressure.

Got plenty of copium if you need some :D

I remember when Shenmue III was being developed and some AM2 staffers went to work on the project, so he's likely got enough industry contacts that they don't need to advertise. A bit like this quote

That's from an article our very own @Switch translated
Interesting. Yeah, it’s probably a good thing they’re not desperately hiring anyway. Maybe they’ve been well underway for a while. They needed that second floor for a reason, or it’s just a storage closet…

Doubt they’re remaking it. The Super Game stuff is all over the Japanese hiring pages, though. There’s no doubt that’s Sega’s next big thing.

Back