An annoucement about shenmue is coming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a bit worrisome... Sounds like it could possibly be something Sega, rather than YsNet, related. Hmm.
Maybe D3T continued work on remaking the first 2 games after the ports were released? Doesn’t look like they’ve done anything since. Sega did say they were surprised at how well the ports did, so maybe they went back on their decision to pull the funding for the full remake?

Maybe is just Sega doing some stuff on their side, wich is not persé something bad

I don't know if it necessarily means this is bullshit. Some people here seem to be convinced this guy is both a decent guy and legitimate.

But if it's not, it does sound a bit odd. It could be that Shibuya are no longer required, aren't involved or it's something 100% to do with Sega and not YsNet.

This just gets more and more confusing.

The latter would be a crying shame. Cedric’s a good guy and his continued involvement in the series would be nothing but a good thing.
Yeah he is and he was heavily responsible for helping get Shenmue III off the ground. If it is the last of his involvement then he has nothing but my best wishes. Shenmue needs people like Cedric.

People are always quick to call "insiders" bullshitters, yet they don't understand that stuff can be cancelled or delayed internally without the public ever being aware. Especially this year with Covid.

Aside from finding it difficult to see how they could ever recapture the level of immersion for which many of the fan base love the series, I’d see it as a complete cash grab.

To be honest, I don’t particularly mind them going down the cash grab route per se as I think that leveraging our love for the franchise is their best chance of raising the money needed for future games, but if they’re going to go down that route, I’d rather they gave us something that we actually want.

It's Sega. They are always up for a quick cash grab.
As far as I'm aware, they didn't put a penny into development for Shenmue 3 (it was all Kickstarter and Deep Silver). Infact they were even going to charge YSNet to use other Sega IP licenses for the in-game capsule toys.
They are happy to make money on the series from merchandise, though and the pretty bog standard HD ports.
I'm pretty disappointed with them. They won't support the series unless its a quick cash grab. So honestly, I can't see any money they make going back into any future instalments. But please Sega, take my foot and shove it in my mouth 🤪

He admitted spreading console war FUD with his comments about PS5 struggling performance-wise.

His commentary was subsequently debunked by multiple industry folks and developers, then *completely* shot down by Call of Duty yesterday, which is confirmed 4K/60 with Raytracing.

He has sources though. If Shibuya is no longer involved, it could be that Sega has seen the renewed interest in the series and resurrected those scrapped remakes.

Saying he's been right about a lot of things is a bit of reach AFAIK. He's said stuff that contradicts what well known news outlets like Digital Foundry have proven to be true.. So it's either him or Digital Foundry or lying.. I think I know who to believe.. Also he's an indie developer? How does he magically have contacts with someone who works for YsNet or whatever?

And anyway, this is the worst "leak" to date.. Nobody knows what the fuck he's talking about!

He admitted spreading console war FUD with his comments about PS5 struggling performance-wise.

His commentary was subsequently debunked by multiple industry folks and developers, then *completely* shot down by Call of Duty yesterday, which is confirmed 4K/60 with Raytracing.

He has sources though. If Shibuya is no longer involved, it could be that Sega has seen the renewed interest in the series and resurrected those scrapped remakes.
I'm gonna need a source on him admitting to spreading FUD, AFAIK he never admited to such thing.

His commentary hasn't been debunked, and CoD being 4k/60FPS doesn't debunk that. He never said 4k/60FPS cannot be achieved on PS5, only he heard that people making multiplatform games are struggling to get 4k/60FPS on their respective titles, which unlike CoD yesterday, might not be crossgen, and actual next gen/high fidelity games, which is trickier to get running at 4k/60FPS compared to crossgen like CoD

Saying he's been right about a lot of things is a bit of reach AFAIK. He's said stuff that contradicts what well known news outlets like Digital Foundry have proven to be true.. So it's either him or Digital Foundry or lying.. I think I know who to believe.. Also he's an indie developer? How does he magically have contacts with someone who works for YsNet or whatever?

And anyway, this is the worst "leak" to date.. Nobody knows what the fuck he's talking about!
Looking at his recent history, a lot of his information seems to come from other ‘leakers’ or, in the case of his comments about the PS5, ‘developers’.

I remain skeptical, but all the same it’s fun to speculate and nice to see some positivity around here.

Shenmue was rated the best Sega game of all time recently by major publication IGN was it not?? If Sega is cashing in on this possibly it may be the remake/remasters from a few years back that were cancelled. Also, Shenmue 1 & 2 ports are now just starting to go on clearance at Walmart and Best Buy after nearly 2 years of sales. Shenmue 3 is also in the $5-$9 clearance bins at Walmart and $20 on eBay and isn't even a year old yet. Sega could juice the franchise for more $$$ as they know we would all buy the HD remake.

Shenmue was rated the best Sega game of all time recently by major publication IGN was it not?? If Sega is cashing in on this possibly it may be the remake/remasters from a few years back that were cancelled. Also, Shenmue 1 & 2 ports are now just starting to go on clearance at Walmart and Best Buy after nearly 2 years of sales. Shenmue 3 is also in the $5-$9 clearance bins at Walmart and $20 on eBay and isn't even a year old yet. Sega could juice the franchise for more $$$ as they know we would all buy the HD remake.

I think he said it was something 'new'... do I cancel the UE4 project?
:unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back