An annoucement about shenmue is coming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing the latest Monster Boy, it is clear Sega still knows how to make some massive mistakes. The graphics are so bad, which sucks because the promo artwork they revealed last week was so beautiful. :crying:

For sure. There's a level of artistry in manga that doesn't really exist in anime series, partly from the lack of animation. (Particularly now, though, when almost no anime is drawn by hand anymore.) That limitation allows for more creative interactions between the author/artist and the reader, I feel.
Nah, what happens is that most anime are "cheap" and the main focus is to be promotional products to sell the manga volumes.

There are some cases that the anime is as good as the anime or in super rare cases make it better, but those require a good team that actually loves the source material and know how to translate the "paneling flow" to the animation.

Shenmue manga is not a bad idea, imagine if we get more content like this, this was short but this time maybe we will get more content. Content that will add more to the story, content that will give more depth to the characters, we can have both things, manga and the game Shenmue IV. All i know is that i want more Shenmue in my life. 😁
E4.jpg

Some of you are discussing Dlc, but he did insist the announce would be "more for people who care about Shenmue's story".

He wouldn't focus so much on the story if it was Dlc. He is a videogame insider, telling he cannot reveal what (kind of media) it is, hinting on the story...

So I am more expecting an anime or manga than a videogame.

Shenmue manga is not a bad idea, imagine if we get more content like this, this was short but this time maybe we will get more content. Content that will add more to the story, content that will give more depth to the characters, we can have both things, manga and the game Shenmue IV. All i know is that i want more Shenmue in my life. 😁

Hmm, that's been modified...

It might be the wine I've been drinking but I have an out there prediction. I think we're getting Virtua Fighter 6 and I think Suzuki is back on board.

That would bode well for Shenmue IV actually. Especially if it follows suit of what Tekken did and use the UE. Take that VF6 engine and throw it right in Shenmue IV and you have a vastly improved combat system including grabs!

@Reprise I really appreciate you catching me up, thank you!! It sounds like it could be something really interesting!! 😊

For good anime, Kaiji comes out on top for me. Loved it from start to finish.
Angel Cop is a great watch if you can appreciate it for what it is; total garbage.
I'd also echo the sentiments above, I think this Shenmue announcement will be related to a media other than games.
Whether that's live action show, anime or manga adaption is anyone's guess I reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back