Any word on the when the console patch (XB1 & PS4) is coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got banned for calling someone an asshole and being overall disrespectful to other members - not because of your opinions of the re-releases. Your behavior in said post wouldn't fly on any forum regardless of context and you know that.

My calling someone that was not unwarranted, and you know that as well. It's bad if you already had other people calling out said post that I was responding to as condescending. It's a two-way street here.

Alternative facts?
I meant in the context of the re-releases. Apologies if that wasn't made clear enough. If you want to get really transparent, we've also banned a few ban evaders without warning too.

My calling someone that was not unwarranted, and you know that as well. It's bad if you already had other people calling out said post that I was responding to as condescending. It's a two-way street here.
That kind of behavior is never warranted here. Perhaps you found the post condescending, but that's no excuse to go about calling people assholes.

Anyway, this thread is derailing now so let's get back on topic please.

So you didn’t like how it started and chose to ignore the rest, fair enough. You probably should have finished reading that sentence you conveniently cut short though because (spoiler) that’s where the context was.

Sadly, based on what I’ve read from your posts since the release, I’m not in the least bit surprised by your response. It’s obstinacy at this point. To be brutally honest...

The fact is, the games as they are on the current disc will never be right. No they’re not unplayable or disastrous ports beyond salvage but is that really the standard Shenmue fans should be holding Sega and d3t to for these games. If it is, you’re acceptance / tolerance of broken games on release is most certainly your issue.

For what it's worth, i'm ok with patch delay if it means more comprehensive fixes.

And people are wondering why there is resentment from the rest of the community and outsiders in this forum.

And people are wondering why there is resentment from the rest of the community and outsiders in this forum.
Again, I'd like for this thread to get back on topic. The last couple of pages have been a mess of unrelated back and fourth.
If discussion can't come back around to the patch then we'll have to consider locking.

Again, I'd like for this thread to get back on topic. The last couple of pages have been a mess of unrelated back and fourth.
If discussion can't come back around to the patch then we'll have to consider locking.

About the patch, there's one area where the folks who are upset have an abundance of validity to their point, and that's that the hardcopy disc version will never be right, and in the future when the servers eventually go down, will be a coaster.

Add this to my other pipe dream, Sega/d3t adding online leaderboards for the mini games and 70 Man Battle, I think it would be amazing if Sega had a reprint of the disc in complete form, and allowed folks to trade in/send back their first pressing for a replacement that works as well as all of our Creamcast copies do. (That was a typo, but I'm leaving it due to an inadvertently sweet reference to Rent-A-Hero No.1).

DmcKUkjUcAAU6fx.jpg

About the patch, there's one area where the folks who are upset have an abundance of validity to their point, and that's that the hardcopy disc version will never be right
Yeah, I'm in agreement with you there. Unfortunately the 'ship first patch later' mentality in the industry nowadays has really hampered preservation.

It's my hope that the Japanese version of the game will have all the patches on the disc. Fingers crossed that later presses of the western version will contain the patches too. Would be a real shame if we get stuck with the glitchy version after the update servers eventually turn off.

Yeah, I'm in agreement with you there. Unfortunately the 'ship first patch later' mentality in the industry nowadays has really hampered preservation.

It's my hope that the Japanese version of the game will have all the patches on the disc. Fingers crossed that later presses of the western version will contain the patches too. Would be a real shame if we get stuck with the glitchy version after the update servers eventually turn off.

I currently only have the digital copy, but I'm thinking of you guys that don't. The reason I did the download is because my wife and I each have our own Xbox, and often play them simultaneously (teaming up in SW:BF2, for example), so we buy one digital copy of a game, and set each-other's machine as our "Home Xbox" and then we can both play it at the same time. Just a tip for anyone with a similar situation. It works for everything.

We have a grand old time showing each other our Shenmue screenshots and videos every night. One of us always getting Nozomi phone calls the other one has never heard before. It's awesome.

Last edited:

Im going to chime in and say, being a gamer for 35 years makes me appreciate Nintendo even more. I may not like some of their business practices but I have NEVER played a game from them that was not polished to perfection or had any glitches or ever needing a day one patch.. I challenge someone to prove otherwise.They also do an AMAZING job on their ports too. Growing up a huge Sega fan, I say, what the heck happened here?! I hope if they decide to remaster some of their older games, I can only hope they will do a much better job than they did here.

I'm pretty sure they said it's not coming out on the 17th specifically, rather, that same week. So it could drop on the following Friday or Saturday for all we know. Well I hope it's worth the wait.

That's correct week commencing the 17th so could be anytime. Hopefully we get a more nailed on time frame within that soon. Wouldn't shock me if a new pc patch hit later this week and we get all in one lump on consoles

I wonder if they'll address the weird skybox in Shenmue I. I'd prefer it it didn't move at all but since it also moved in the DC version maybe it has to be that way because of the engine or something, idk. So if they did anything about it at all I have a feeling it'll probably still move when you walk around or turn the camera but at a slower speed. Well as long as it's nowhere near as jarring and noticeable then it's cool I guess.

I wonder if they'll address the weird skybox in Shenmue I. I'd prefer it it didn't move at all but since it also moved in the DC version maybe it has to be that way because of the engine or something, idk. So if they did anything about it at all I have a feeling it'll probably still move when you walk around or turn the camera but at a slower speed. Well as long as it's nowhere near as jarring and noticeable then it's cool I guess.
Oddly I had never noticed it until you mentioned it. However having now watched a video of it I can see where you're coming from.

I think it is in the bugs list but might be worth adding if not.

Oddly I had never noticed it until you mentioned it. However having now watched a video of it I can see where you're coming from.

I think it is in the bugs list but might be worth adding if not.
I didn't find it anywhere on the bug list although I did see someone bring it up in the thread. I could make an official report I'm not sure what I should put beside "expected result". Perhaps I should say that it's supposed to move at a slower speed like it does on the DC version? But the thing is I'm not even sure if it was intentional on DC, maybe it was a bug all along and it shouldn't move at all. If that's the case then I probably shouldn't bother since apparently they aren't touching the bugs that were found in the originals.
UPDATE NEW STATUS ADDED: WNF for Will Not Fix when the reported behaviour is also present in the original Dreamcast or Xbox Version of the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back