Any word on the when the console patch (XB1 & PS4) is coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
(but, saying that, didn't d3t make a pig's ear out of a Mega Drive classics game as well?).
They did, and I was pretty pissed with them over it at the time. I didn't say anything about it here because I knew they were also handling the Shenmue HD releases, didn't want to jinx anything. Guess my restraint was futile.

That said, in retrospect, I think it's obvious that Sega was the one more at fault for rushing it out. I suspect that is what has happened here as well. I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but I really hope that patch comes soon. I don't want to start it with all these egregious audio and cutscene glitches.

I agree. The games look great, but there are glaring issues that need to be solved, and SOON.

Yes, two monstrosities in a row. They never fixed the Genesis Collection, we can only pray they fix Shenmue...
There were more than a few here who insisted their collection was a mess just because the games were emulated and not because D3T were a poor choice of a company. Starting to think they just aren’t the best co. for this type of work. It’s unfortunate.

The bugs, mixed with trying to find warehouse 8 in a black hole, have pushed me to just stop playing. The game has been out for 5 days, and who knows how long ago these discs were actually pressed. Still sitting at 1.01. This is absolutely pathetic.

I was excited to play these games again but the mood has been killed. Should have just played the Dreamcast versions earlier this summer when I had the itch instead of waiting.

There were more than a few here who insisted their collection was a mess just because the games were emulated and not because D3T were a poor choice of a company. Starting to think they just aren’t the best co. for this type of work. It’s unfortunate.
I’m curious, what issues were there with the collection? I don’t want to be that “well I never had a problem” guy, but I played through the Sonic and Streets of Rage ports and didn’t notice anything on PC.

PS4 patches usually drops on Tuesdays/Wednesdays, unless it's a big publisher.

I think the game will probably be a fairly decent experience regarding bugs by October. I just hope SEGA keep supporting more patches until it's debugged to Dreamcast levels. If they don't we can probably expect maybe a couple more patches and that's the end of support.

PS4 patches usually drops on Tuesdays/Wednesdays, unless it's a big publisher.

I think the game will probably be a fairly decent experience regarding bugs by October. I just hope SEGA keep supporting more patches until it's debugged to Dreamcast levels. If they don't we can probably expect maybe a couple more patches and that's the end of support.
I'll have finished Shenmue 2 by Tuesday!

It will be good for a next play-through for comparison. Also the Japanese release comes Nov 22nd and I reckon they will continue patching ready for that.

I'll have finished Shenmue 2 by Tuesday!

It will be good for a next play-through for comparison. Also the Japanese release comes Nov 22nd and I reckon they will continue patching ready for that.
Oh, I didn't even remember that. I think it wouldn't be very far fetched to assume that support may continue for more than a couple of patches then. Depending on how much the team can get fixed. Maybe 2 patches can put the game up to par with the DC/Xbox versions.

I am not saying it will however, just that it isn't far fetched. I'm sure SEGA is also somewhat surprised and happy with the sales, so they'll probably be more open to funneling more resources into these re-releases. Seems like the releases have done fairly well, if you go by Amazon charts or stores selling out copies.

It's a shame that I feel like a studio like HexaDrive could have done tremendous work with these re-releases, maybe even find a proper workaround for the 4:3 cutscenes in SI or the letterboxed cutscenes in SII. Okami HD is fantastic, Wind Waker HD is also fantastic and they managed to absolutely salvage the mess that was ZOE 2nd Runner HD with a patch after the original team (High Voltage, I think?) bottled it so badly, but you can't fault d3t too much, SEGA is the one with the money.

Problem with that is, there's a cost to keep patching. Might be that Sony's cost to patch games costs more that might be holding things up until they've got it definitely working. They'll probably want to get it right before putting out small patches constantly.

So no news? I hadn't seen any thread about it, until now, and I know it always takes longer because it has to pass MS/Sony certification before they can make it available for download. Maybe Tuesday?

BTW: My pre-release Xbox One digital download version must have had the Day 1 patch pre-applied, because neither my wife nor I (she has her own Xbox) had to download one.

Oddly enough, my menu text outline did turn blue, as was mentioned, but I think it's back to normal now?

Last edited:
Joke isn't it! These games are in a terrible state on consoles. We should of at least seen one patch in the past week since these games launched. Horrible communication from sega on this.

Lol remember when everyone was like oh the day 1 patch will fix things... Yea.. Where are those people now?

I'm usually pretty positive and confident in a lot of these issues but yeah, there is no excusing a full week and no new patches on consoles with so many issues. Embarrassing no matter how you slice it. It might have not been SEGA's fault but Sony is absolutely ridiculous with stalling these patches. By the time they do come sadly i feel that they would be too late and people would have moved on.(not us i mean the more general gaming audience).

Joke isn't it! These games are in a terrible state on consoles. We should of at least seen one patch in the past week since these games launched. Horrible communication from sega on this.

Lol remember when everyone was like oh the day 1 patch will fix things... Yea.. Where are those people now?
Still here actually and while i agree the communication has been poor we have no idea what the status is of the patches, where they are in the process etc.

We know they are doing work because the PC got patched. I understand the frustration but a little more patience is required. Less of the argumentative/baity tone please.

And for the record I've played through on ps4 and I've not found it unplayable, that's my humble experience but I've seen others who haven't been so lucky.

Aggressive tone after verbal warning and argumentative posting previously.
Still here actually and while i agree the communication has been poor we have no idea what the status is of the patches, where they are in the process etc.

We know they are doing work because the PC got patched. I understand the frustration but a little more patience is required. Less of the argumentative/baity tone please.

And for the record I've played through on ps4 and I've not found it unplayable, that's my humble experience but I've seen others who haven't been so lucky.
behave. Stop making excuses for them. A week after launch without a patch when a game has as many issues as these, is unacceptable, end of

Day 8, and even longer since we were promised a patch. I stopped playing because I couldn't stand the horrible state of the game and have basically forgotten these ports came out until I do my daily sweep of my usual websites. Really, I should blame myself for ever having expectations in the first place. I knew Sega would botch it but this is ridiculous even for them.

i dont understand why the PS4 version is still stuck on the first patch.
i know that it takes a little longer on consoles to approve the patches but this waiting time is not normal.
i own a couple of games twice on Steam and PS4 and the time difference between the patches on both platforms
is maybe 8-24 hours. the last game where i could see that was No Mans Sky.
while a friend was already playing with the newest update, i had to wait maybe 6-10 hours for the update on PS4.
it does not take more than 7 days to approve a patch on console.
so there must be something else going on.

God creates the world in seven days but fixing this mess will take far longer.

In all seriousness, I think the volume of issues present in these ports goes far beyond what they originally expected and fixing them will all will take some time. I’m sure they had originally intended to have a day one patch ready in time but lack the skills and manpower to have made that happen.

At this point all we can do is wait, continue to report the bugs (because god knows they don’t have any testers of their own) and hope that a patch is released before all of the remaining goodwill the gaming community has for Shenmue has drained away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back