Backer Copies | General Thread & Shipping Information

Or being massively irresponsible depending how u look at it.

I walk the line in this case myself(5 copies not counting KS, and 4 of them are LEs of one kind or another), but I tend to be overly careful with my spending in general, and Shenmue 3 only comes around once.

It's not breaking the bank though, just means I wont by buying anything else for myself for awhile. I'm good at handling money, and planning ahead.

How crazy Shenmue fans are... My God.
The truth is, this is the real time to help. Perhaps even more than on the kickstarter.
The future of the franchise in 100% tied with Shenmue3 sales performance.

Will buy at least 5 copies myself ^^ haha

That said, i'm actually honored I'm part of this journey.
There must never have been a journey like this to any other game. Constantly uncertain about the future, doing what we can to help, keeping the dream alive all those years without a single clue of hope.
And now, people are buying dozens of copies of the game to help secure the next game.

We must be really crazy.
But at least we know it!

Last edited:
Done. We're near the end now guys of making this happen. Now we have a new Shenmue game in our hands. If they are already getting ready to ship copies this early then I'll be very surprised if we don't get our copies on release day.

Let' enjoy this adventure together soon and be careful of spoilers!

It's not that weird, it's normal for Kickstarters to do that. Also I don't know what you mean by "Collector's Edition", there isn't one for the KS.

I've never backed a KickStarter before but I would have thought to save postage it would all be bundled together

This is the one I pledged for:
1571909374033.png
Sort of wish I upgraded to the Signed version but that's the best I could do at the time.

I've never backed a KickStarter before but I would have thought to save postage it would all be bundled together

This is the one I pledged for:
View attachment 4939
Sort of wish I upgraded to the Signed version but that's the best I could do at the time.

They mentioned something about shipping the copies separately. I wonder when you will get all your stuff? Might be worth emailing them.

I'm pretty sure the Bloodstained backers who opted for more than just a copy of the game are only just receiving their other stuff.

They ship the game seperately to save delays, issues with customs and large packages being held in depots. The games will be manufactured and dispatched from seperate international distribution centres, whilst other rewards will be handled in a central location (I expect).

The backer sleeve may ship seperately (but at the same time as the game) from a different distribution centre, as Deep Silver and Sony will handle manufacture of physical games, the sleeve will be done seperately.

Anyone else not get this email? I confirmed yesterday before the emails went out but I still didn't get this. Maybe that's why?

There were 9 hours between the request of my first pledge and the second one. I'm still waiting for the confirmation email of both. Their server must be working hard.

Got the email, confirmed address. I had pre-ordered the digital version on Playstation to make sure I could play from midnight, if it arrives before release it's going to be sorely tempting not to open it (but I will end up doing so!)

This is the second email I've gotten from FG this year about address (and I got one last year too), so I don't know if their algorithms or anything are messed up, but my only guess is that if you've CHANGED your address in the past year (I have) because you've moved since the KS began, then they may be sending out an extra email now, just to confirm.

That's all I can think of for why some of us are getting emails and others aren't... but if those who say they didn't end up getting it after all, then my hypothesis is moot lol

Back