Backer Copies | General Thread & Shipping Information

Yup. Not the postal services' fault either; this is standard hat to them.

Our copies should've been sent out a week early; if it happened that way for the UK and the rest of continental Europe, should've been that way for us too.

I literally think we are the only backers in the world who didn't get it launch day, for their region.

Bullshit.
I know anyone from Ontario who backed this didn’t get one launch day. All my friends including myself had no choice but to buy digital copy.
I love Shenmue, don't get me wrong, but not everyone can afford to pay 90 dollars more for another copy.

WTF is this monstrocity lol.

T was only waiting for one thing today, and these two boxes show up, each twice the size of what I was expecting.

I open them up, and both are the LRG CE(that are really LEs, they so should've changed the name), which one was suppose to be due on Thurseday.

They're huge, and the DC cases are evidently in the CE boxes, so they must've had a custom size box issued(yet they couldn't change "Collectors Edition" to Limited Edition" in the banner...um ok).

There is a real problem though, and I have no idea what to do about it. Both have the LE number card saying 548(which is screwed up considering the lower numbered one I should've got, was probally one of the first 20 or so) which is not good, how do you have 2 LEs, with the same number.

I wish my PC wasn't screwed up now, and I had my Photoshop installed, I would show them.

Mine has a card with 548 too. I've read all LRG releases come with a collectible card. Shenmue 3 might be their 548th release.

Mine has a card with 548 too. I've read all LRG releases come with a collectible card. Shenmue 3 might be their 548th release.

Oh ok, didn't know they made actual trading cards, that have their own number. Thought that was the number of the LE. I thought it was weird it just said 548, not 548/5,000.

Well that makes sense now lmao, thought someone made a huge blunder.

Thanks.

Yeah mine just updated too that it's going to take another 3-7 business days.... rip.

Oh ok, didn't know they made actual trading cards, that have their own number. Thought that was the number of the LE. I thought it was weird it just said 548, not 548/5,000.

Well that makes sense now lmao, thought someone made a huge blunder.

Thanks.

The number is on the back of the box sleeve.

The number is on the back of the box sleeve.

Oh ok lol, there's a backing to hold the card in place, and didn't that that off yet.

Edit: the highest number I got was 1786 which is about what I expected(was ordered 15m after orders opened), but WTF how is the lower number 701, should've been atleast under 100(I clicked the damn button in 1 1/2 seconds, would've been less then a second, but the order button wasn't where I thought it would be lol)

Last edited:
Welp I took the plunge and bought a digital copy just now... can't wait to play :D
That being said, the fact I had to buy a second copy just to play the game even remotely close to release day is fubar.

Just shooting USPS a quick message though their Facebook page to see if they can shed any light on what's going on with my package.

Now that it is in Japan (according to tracking), it might be out of their hands, now, and I'm not sure if they'll have access to any more information than I do at this point, but it's worth a try, I guess.

Just shooting USPS a quick message though their Facebook page to see if they can shed any light on what's going on with my package.

Now that it is in Japan (according to tracking), it might be out of their hands, now, and I'm not sure if they'll have access to any more information than I do at this point, but it's worth a try, I guess.
Pretty sure it’ll be handed off to another company. My copies still haven’t arrived either. I’m guessing tomorrow unless they’ve been held up in customs.

So tempted to cave in and get a digital copy. Probably shouldn't, though, as it's surely coming tomorrow.

Been playing the second game like a madman. Only started a couple of days ago, and am about to start the Guilin section. Going to take my time with that part, though, to soak up any of the lore I might have forgotten about or not absorbed previously.

I got mine yesterday. The outer box of the LRG Collector's Edition has a couple spots where the ink was already rubbed off down to the foil under it (spots on the edges and top corner). That's a little disappointing. Especially since I don't really see damage from shipping. But....oh well. I probably would've scratched it myself eventually.

My favorite part is probably the Dreamcast case though. Gave me a wistful feeling about what should have been.

And my Kickstarter copy is showing an expected delivery date of Saturday, Nov. 23.

It was NEVER Canada Post's fault, but man, they REALLY do a good job, once its in-country... that or they just maximize their delivery time to make themselves look good...

Package has just left customs and is being handed over to my nearby post office.

That's great, but it just has to be a bank holiday in Japan today (Saturday), doesn't it?

Fucking typical. No-one's fault, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating. I'm going to have to download it, I don't think I can wait until Monday, potentially Tuesday.

Glad to see those in Canada are finally getting their copies, though!

Back