Backer Copies | General Thread & Shipping Information

CDKeys have pretty much lost me as a customer forever at this point. Nobody that bought the game from CDKeys are getting their keys! There are a few of us on their Facebook page trying to get attention but nobody from CDKeys are replying. We have opened support tickets and emailed them too and still nothing.

All we ask for is a bit of communication. Complete silence just makes them look worse.

Here is the reply somebody got from CDKeys on Twitter.
EJxRXyvXUAEiElM.jpg:large

So basically, they are saying they had a stock issue......yeah, that issue probably being not having any stock at all, because I haven't seen one person say they got their key from CDKeys :mad:

I'm pissed mainly because I will have to order it from somewhere else and miss out on the pre-order bonuses that would have come with the game. I know I can just buy the DLC collection but that is an extra £12 on top of what I am going to have to pay to buy it from Humble Bundle. Which means in total, I am paying around £20 more than I planned on paying.

Time wasting assholes. They'll never see a penny from me again.

Is there a handy and detailed summary of all the ingame rewards/dlc somewhere? I am trying to verify whether I have got anything activated.

I got my refund from CDKeys, I will never pre-order from them again.

Their excuse was that Epic were not handing out third party keys to anybody :unsure:

1) That is complete BS, seeing as Humble Bundle have keys.
2) If you can't guarantee keys, then why have it available for pre-order in the first place?

My advice to anybody that uses CDKeys is to never pre-order from them, they can't be trusted if this is how they handle things.

Anyway, I got the game on the Epic store and within the first 5 minutes I was loving it, it felt like Shenmue from the first cutscene :D

Here is the reply somebody got from CDKeys on Twitter.
EJxRXyvXUAEiElM.jpg:large

So basically, they are saying they had a stock issue......yeah, that issue probably being not having any stock at all, because I haven't seen one person say they got their key from CDKeys :mad:

I'm pissed mainly because I will have to order it from somewhere else and miss out on the pre-order bonuses that would have come with the game. I know I can just buy the DLC collection but that is an extra £12 on top of what I am going to have to pay to buy it from Humble Bundle. Which means in total, I am paying around £20 more than I planned on paying.

Time wasting assholes. They'll never see a penny from me again.

They cant have keys if there's no physical release. Which you can thank Epic for.

I got my refund from CDKeys, I will never pre-order from them again.

Their excuse was that Epic were not handing out third party keys to anybody :unsure:

1) That is complete BS, seeing as Humble Bundle have keys.
2) If you can't guarantee keys, then why have it available for pre-order in the first place?

My advice to anybody that uses CDKeys is to never pre-order from them, they can't be trusted if this is how they handle things.

Anyway, I got the game on the Epic store and within the first 5 minutes I was loving it, it felt like Shenmue from the first cutscene :D

Epic has a deal with Humble. That's why. But no other sellers are allowed. Thanks Epic again.

My tracking updated...now it says Friday. It's been about 3 hours away for over a day...and they can't get it here until sometime tomorrow? Not too impressed with UPS, or with LRG since they ultimately are in charge of shipping it in a way that should be delivered NEAR release. Sigh.

They cant have keys if there's no physical release. Which you can thank Epic for.

Then CDKeys shouldn't have had the game available for pre-order in the first place. They had the game up for pre-order for over a week knowing they weren't getting any keys and they left it until a day after the game was released to hand out refunds. They were in no position to offer pre-orders seeing as they clearly had no deal in place with Epic.

Also, trying to slide the blame onto Epic is really reaching.

9:40PM, still no update. Guess this backer isn't going to get to play Shenmue 3 on launch day. :(
It’s not really specific on when it is coming.
I ended up just getting a digital version. But to those who can’t do that, its very unfortunate that our kickstarter order hasn’t arrived yet. Especially(since you bought merchandise) at launch date.

But just to get this straight, you all got shipping confirmations, right? Because I didn't get that... is there even a physical PC version?? I'm getting all confused...

But just to get this straight, you all got shipping confirmations, right? Because I didn't get that... is there even a physical PC version?? I'm getting all confused...
The physical PC version is coming later. You will have a download code on your fangamer page that you enter into the epic game store. Check your page.

Mine also arrived just now! Looks like you and I share the same mail-service.

One thing about mine though. The Blu-ray inside the case is not fastened so it rattles around in there... But I don't want to remove the shrinkwrap to fix it. :(

Back