Backer Copies | General Thread & Shipping Information

How do we check? I guess they'll be emailed to us? Or automatically applied to our PlayStation accounts (assuming the email account is the same)?
The digital codes are supposed to be sent to the same place that our backer trial codes were sent, which is the "Downloads and Download Codes" section of our backer survey. They uploaded the backer trial codes several hours before they sent us the email notifying everyone that they did, so it's worth continually checking even before any emails show up.

They will be on your Fangamer page. There is a page for downloads and codes.

Don’t worry if you don’t have an email to access it from. In the update they send they’d send out emails confirming when the download codes are available. (I’m still checking my page every few hours today and tomorrow.) Of course we definitely won’t be able to play it until release day, but I’m fine with that.

I don't have a section on my survey page for downloads and codes. I only backed the regular physical copy for $60 so it didn't include the PC demo and I changed my PS4 physical copy to PC physical when they allowed changes. I'm not in a rush to get the PC code though. I have it pre-ordered digitally on my PS4 and have a Collector's Edition coming from LRG by Thursday. Support did tell me that my code would be delivered through the backer survey page so I'm guessing they'll eventually add it there.

1573956671845.png

I don't have a section on my survey page for downloads and codes. I only backed the regular physical copy for $60 so it didn't include the PC demo and I changed my PS4 physical copy to PC physical when they allowed changes. I'm not in a rush to get the PC code though. I have it pre-ordered digitally on my PS4 and have a Collector's Edition coming from LRG by Thursday. Support did tell me that my code would be delivered through the backer survey page so I'm guessing they'll eventually add it there.

View attachment 5528
That's exactly what mine looks like

View attachment 5528
There is only something there once they add a code. I have 3 different orders between the Kickstarter and Slacker Backer. 2 orders had the trial and the 3rd was at The world telecom level for which I picked the digital download code. Only the orders that included the trial have the download code page. The other doesn’t.

Tempted to persist with trying to get the JP copy I was promised about six weeks ago. Either that or a download code to use on release day. Problem is, they often take forever to reply, and my previous query was basically dismissed by the android who responded to it. Does anyone think it might be worth contacting Kickstarter themselves? Can they supersede Fangamer at all in this regard?

I'm not the type of person who wants something for nothing, but I honestly feel I've been let down pretty badly by Fangamer on this one.

It sounds like you and I are in the same situation (funnily enough I’m also from the UK and am now living in Chiba).

I spoke with the Kickstarter team on Friday and had more or less the exact conversation you intend to have...

0CF2629D-A079-4EF9-9255-3776E3C81E4D.png
I suspect if you request to switch to a digital copy instead of a Japanese copy they will be able to help. Otherwise, I think your best bet is to wait and/or pick up a copy on launch day.

I was a bit hesitant to do this as I plan on playing the DLC at some point and as my PSN account is registered in the UK, wouldn’t be able to download DLC for a Japanese copy without setting up a separate PSN account. I ended up just buying the deluxe digital copy from the PlayStation store (I’m just installing it now so that I can play it at as soon as I get home from work on Tuesday).

If you decide to go down that route, I found a webpage selling PS store credit about 15% off, meaning I paid £58 instead of the £70 it’s listed at.

It sounds like you and I are in the same situation (funnily enough I’m also from the UK and am now living in Chiba).

I spoke with the Kickstarter team on Friday and had more or less the exact conversation you intend to have...

View attachment 5534
I suspect if you request to switch to a digital copy instead of a Japanese copy they will be able to help. Otherwise, I think your best bet is to wait and/or pick up a copy on launch day.

I was a bit hesitant to do this as I plan on playing the DLC at some point and as my PSN account is registered in the UK, wouldn’t be able to download DLC for a Japanese copy without setting up a separate PSN account. I ended up just buying the deluxe digital copy from the PlayStation store (I’m just installing it now so that I can play it at as soon as I get home from work on Tuesday).

If you decide to go down that route, I found a webpage selling PS store credit about 15% off, meaning I paid £58 instead of the £70 it’s listed at.
Yeah, it seems digital is the way to do this. Life's too short to waste on matters like this, anyway. I'll see what the team can do about giving me a digital download. If no joy, I'll just accept defeat and either buy a retail/PSN copy or find something else to tide me over until my Kickstarter copy arrives.

1st arrival of the backer version, the packaging does not mention the title "day one edition".

Japan version kickstarter edition
191117092542802887.jpg

191117093650756223.jpg

Last edited:
I agree that the slipcase is awful. In fact, I think it's hideous. Not complaining, as taste is subjective and all that, but as CaCHooKa says, it does look to me like a cheap rush-job.

Now contemplating whether to just keep it as an ugly memento, or keep it sealed and sell it for an inflated price on eBay.

Back