Battle Rally DLC next week!

I've played it for an hour or so and it seems pretty fun. The "Battle Rally" races are completely over the top arcade style. You basically run through different "courses" that are sections of Bailu. The map has been edited to include people cheering and a course made. You have to make it to checkpoints before time runs out like Hang On and Outrun whilst beating people up along the way.

Ren, Wei Zhen and Ryo all have different special moves which is cool. Here's some basic Ryo gameplay where I failed lol. I did get first later though:

You only start with one unlocked course - Rainbow Basin, I managed to get the high score after numerous tries and unlocked a new move for Ryo for the main game.

The Chobu Chan scavenger hunt is separated in to individual maps too, 20 Chobu Chans per different areas of Bailu. I managed to find all 20 in the first Village Square map area and won unlocks for more Battle Rally maps, Chobu Maps along with upgrades to my power and speed for the Battle Rally games - which is great because the next courses seem to get harder and harder as show here in some Ren gameplay:

Overall it's very arcadey and it appears to be some challenge progression as you unlock more races. You seem to unlock moves if you get first which will probably take a few tries. It's fun for sure but if you don't like hunting Chobu Chans and arcadey racing style games combined with Streets of Rage / Fighting Force then it may not be for you.
This looks freaking awesome. Reminds me of old-school arcade games from the 90s made by a certain creator :)))

yeah, it's fun :) and very arcade like. By the way, it went live on PC after midnight, Japanese time... ;)

Looks like great DLC for a few extra bucks and more to come, IMO. Def. better than what I expected.

So if I've beaten the game and are currently playing a NG+, but aren't in Niaowu yet in my new run, can I not play the DLC yet?

Oh wow. This looks so much better than I expected! Straight up fun gameplay like classic sega arcade games.

Looks great fun. Cant wait to play this tomorrow. A unique idea, reminds me a little of the mode on Tekken 3 which had a streets of rage feel to it.

Very arcade like, easy to play difficult to master I think.

Also from a story perspective its realistic it could be set after the castle in Shenmue III but before the great wall.

Tekken Force.

Before I became good at the game proper, I wanted to unlock Boskonovitch and since I couldn't do well at Force, I just selected Gon and spammed B (Dreamcast) to do his tail spin.

Worked like a charm!

Tekken Force.

Before I became good at the game proper, I wanted to unlock Boskonovitch and since I couldn't do well at Force, I just selected Gon and spammed B (Dreamcast) to do his tail spin.

Worked like a charm!
So, Shenmue fans got a Tekken Force mode much sooner than Tekken 7 fans.(I remember Tekken Force was requested a lot from Bamco)

They did haha.

I'd love online leaderboards for this sort of thing but it doesn't look like it will happen. Maybe we can get something going on here.

00:10 in Spain and the DLC has not show up on my PS4 :(

Back