Big Merry Cruise DLC releases on March 17th

I was hoping that the reveal at the end of the first quest was that the guy never had a sick sister and was just a plain otaku.
Yeah, I was shocked that this wasn't revealed outright. But it still seems to be implied. If you talk to him afterwards, he keeps telling you that he can't let you meet his sister. Pretty sure she doesn't exist :LOL:

I haven't encountered the fat kid quest yet, but that first quest has definitely given this DLC some charm so far. Without these types of things, it would be pretty useless since there aren't any new games.

EDIT: Okay, I did that quest now too. Yeah, kind of makes the whole DLC worth it. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm the grand prize of the golf game?
Yeah, it's a Blue Thunder. Same one as in the prize exchange. By the way, there's also a Sega Saturn in the prize exchange. I don't think it actually does anything, but it has flavor text, and it's worth close to a grand--.

I got all the clothing. Kind of weird that the last kenpo gi was the same one that we got from 'date night.' I can't really begin to understand why. It can't be sold. Maybe they just forgot that it was a reward for the story dlc--. I was really hoping there would be more outfits for Shenhua in this one, but oh well.

Dunno if you solved it yet, but
the action figure goes to the middle-aged guy who wants it for his sister. Chat with the old man first, and then the other dude. The kid hunt is a separate side quest altogether.

I really want to 100% everything in this game, but this clothing one is going to take a bit of time... thankfully, I'm balancing catching 1000 fish with this, so it's a nice rhythm.
I was trying to give the action figure to the wrong person that's why it wasnt working for me๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Well just as I thought it's a big ship full of minigames I didn't feel like doing on my first and now second playthrough. *sigh*

I finished the DLC now, i enjoyed the quests. No more outfits for Shenhua? :(

Yeah, it's a Blue Thunder. Same one as in the prize exchange. By the way, there's also a Sega Saturn in the prize exchange. I don't think it actually does anything, but it has flavor text, and it's worth close to a grand--.

I got all the clothing. Kind of weird that the last kenpo gi was the same one that we got from 'date night.' I can't really begin to understand why. It can't be sold. Maybe they just forgot that it was a reward for the story dlc--. I was really hoping there would be more outfits for Shenhua in this one, but oh well.
Thank you!

By the way, there's also a Sega Saturn in the prize exchange. I don't think it actually does anything, but it has flavor text, and it's worth close to a grand--.

So you can get the Saturn in your inventory then?

Do you have to beat the doll side quest to get to the fat kid? I bet I've spun this stupid wheel over a hundred times and not once has it been the doll.

Do you have to beat the doll side quest to get to the fat kid? I bet I've spun this stupid wheel over a hundred times and not once has it been the doll.

Yes, once you return doll to that Otaku and sleep next day fat kid side quest becomes available.

I had to reload 20x token save three times before I finally won prize on big wheel.

I guess I got really lucky with the big wheel. I got the doll on my third or fourth try. I was shocked because I spun the wheel at the Save Shenmue shrine countless times and never landed on "bonus." So I thought maybe they increased the odds of landing on "bonus" for the DLC, but that doesn't seem to be the case. That sounds really annoying.

I guess I got really lucky with the big wheel. I got the doll on my third or fourth try. I was shocked because I spun the wheel at the Save Shenmue shrine countless times and never landed on "bonus." So I thought maybe they increased the odds of landing on "bonus" for the DLC, but that doesn't seem to be the case. That sounds really annoying.

I had a similar situation. A nice thing about this DLC is that it sort of forces you to engage with gambling and the wheel (incl. tactful spin strength) in ways the main game didn't. That said, I'm blinking and yawning like a sleepy dog at the prospect of trying to win that clothing trophy...

I had a similar situation. A nice thing about this DLC is that it sort of forces you to engage with gambling and the wheel (incl. tactful spin strength) in ways the main game didn't. That said, I'm blinking and yawning like a sleepy dog at the prospect of trying to win that clothing trophy...
I think this big wheel is deliberately set to have slightly better odds, managed to get all the clothes and trophies in 4 in-game days.

The worst trophies to get for me were the frog and turtle race challenges, my fingers were broken afterward :)

I literally put my fingers on where the wheel would stop while trying to spin with the same strength. Unless the meter has about two hundred different spots regarding to wheel speed, it is kind of random. Like, if I spin the wheel four times on the lowest block on the meter, the number of times the wheel will soon around will be random. It may go 3.75, then 4.2, then 3.8, then 4. Ridiculous.

Back