Collecting herbs. Has anyone got a trophy yet?

Ok so I'm still working away on Tao-Get maps 1&2. There are a few bits of ginger that are not marked on the maps, so it possibly respawns too. I have also found one piece of trifoliate orange that is not marked on map 1. I'll keep looking and see what else I can find.

I feel like this trophy must be glitched or we are all missing something...although having said that I just checked PSN and apparently over 1% of people now have the Bailu herbs...

Do you mean the quest from the store owner for the Lingzhing (sp?) Mushroom? I found that by the fishing spot Downstream from verdant bridge. Is it possible this spawns in several locations and you need to pick each one before handing in the quest maybe?
Seems quest herbs can be in multiple locations but you can only pick up one in a single playthrough.

mushroom verdant bridge:

mushroom lake:

I also noticed that there can be multiple non-respawning herbs in the location where there is only one red dot on the map. (eg. ship wrack verdant bridge river among other locations)
So the amount of dot's on maps is not the amount of non-respawning herbs.

For Elder Yeh's request, I don't know if there are more locations for the root. Got mine here:
Also for her quest, you don't have to find the other herbs after you got the quest. I believe only the root must be collected if you got the other herbs, because the root might not be collectible before you got the quest.
At least that's how I did it.

Seems quest herbs can be in multiple locations but you can only pick up one in a single playthrough.

mushroom verdant bridge:

mushroom lake:

I also noticed that there can be multiple non-respawning herbs in the location where there is only one red dot on the map. (eg. ship wrack verdant bridge river among other locations)
So the amount of dot's on maps is not the amount of non-respawning herbs.

For Elder Yeh's request, I don't know if there are more locations for the root. Got mine here:
Also for her quest, you don't have to find the other herbs after you got the quest. I believe only the root must be collected if you got the other herbs, because the root might not be collectible before you got the quest.
At least that's how I did it.
Did you manage to get the trophy for all herbs?

I've just found 2 more at shenhuas house. Weirdly I saw one that looked like a crow dipper but I couldn't pick it up. It got dark at 7pm and suddenly I could pick it up when I went back. It's defo easier doing it at night where the red stands out

Yeah they are definately way easier to spot at night. Too bad you have so little time in the dark in Shenmue III...

Went through Niaowu again, not with a map yet, and found a bunch of the rarer stuff still. They are a bit easier to see in the areas around the city they grow in, as there are less other flowers covering the grass. It is still rather scattered.
One really bad thing is that 3 herbs that are on the maps are in an area you can only enter at certain points in the story.

Yeah they are definately way easier to spot at night. Too bad you have so little time in the dark in Shenmue III...

Went through Niaowu again, not with a map yet, and found a bunch of the rarer stuff still. They are a bit easier to see in the areas around the city they grow in, as there are less other flowers covering the grass. It is still rather scattered.
One really bad thing is that 3 herbs that are on the maps are in an area you can only enter at certain points in the story.
Did you get the Bailu Herb trophy?

Well in my third run. Looked everywhere again in Bailu. At night looking out for the glowing ring and during the day I ran around with zoom, basically with the nose on the floor. I did manage to find an orange behind Shenhua's house and a peony near the bridge. And still nothing...

Also picked up what feels like between 30 to 50 licorice, every now and then catching myself hoping the game will give it to me out of sheer mercy through the amount I collected.

Really don't know where to go with this. :(

When I completed everything except this, and nobody came up with a guide/map for them, I gonna pick up the PC version and reverse engineer their locations.

When I completed everything except this, and nobody came up with a guide/map for them, I gonna pick up the PC version and reverse engineer their locations.
The OCD in me can't let this go and it is beginning to ruin the experience. Can anyone on their second or third playthriugh confirm that the ones that you collect in previous runs stay collected at least?

Do we think maybe trophy is glitched?

The non-respawning ones stay collected according to BlueMue.
However, we still have no idea if only them matter.

The problem is, even if they stay collected, you probably have to recheck every each of them anyways.

I kept a safe there just in case and I'm now trying to get them all in the next area. By the looks of it, there are far less in the second city so this should be a lot easier.

The OCD in me can't let this go and it is beginning to ruin the experience. Can anyone on their second or third playthriugh confirm that the ones that you collect in previous runs stay collected at least?

Do we think maybe trophy is glitched?
Just found a peony and a jujube around shenhuas....I swear these must be spawning.. Do we know how many total herbs there are in Bailu? I have 127 in my inventory right now but I sold quite a lot at the beginning of the game.

Back