Collecting herbs. Has anyone got a trophy yet?

This trophy is a joke. I’ve scoured the whole of Bailu twice and still don’t have them all. On my last search I ran up the side of a mountain near the cows by hermits grove and found 2 herbs that aren’t on any of the maps and a road out of Bailu. There are countless places where you can run up the edges of the map and get stuck. If we have to try each one to find these I give up now.

This trophy is a joke. I’ve scoured the whole of Bailu twice and still don’t have them all. On my last search I ran up the side of a mountain near the cows by hermits grove and found 2 herbs that aren’t on any of the maps and a road out of Bailu. There are countless places where you can run up the edges of the map and get stuck. If we have to try each one to find these I give up now.

My bet is the trophy is glitched, even though a couple dudes have gotten it according to the stats. A friend on this thread confirmed they have thoroughly followed the maps but still haven't gotten the trophy, and also that there are many herbs which aren't listed in the maps. Another said datamining points out there are about 191 herbs total in Bailu, which is way more than what's in the 4 maps.

It's unlikely that so many people are on it scouring Bailu up and down but no one seems to be able to confirm what's the catch. Either way, if it's THIS hard to get the trophy, something's wrong. It's surely not supposed to be nearly impossible to get it.

I bet they will do something about it in the first update.

Ok, on a brand new game, I've followed the maps and collected what I believe to be all of the one's that are marked. I've also collected a whole lot more that are not. The problem is, that ones we think do respon (licorice, jujube, possibly ginger) are sometimes the only ones anywhere near one of the map markers, while there are some trifoliate oranges that are not marked. Regardless, I have a total of 183, 8 short of what BlueMue said the PC debug says there should be.

I have not yet done any sidequests that involve herbs. Can anyone give me a list of what they are and when they become available (am just looking for old man Su at present)? In the meantime, I'll keep my eyes pealed for any I may have missed as I work through the story.

Ok, on a brand new game, I've followed the maps and collected what I believe to be all of the one's that are marked. I've also collected a whole lot more that are not. The problem is, that ones we think do respon (licorice, jujube, possibly ginger) are sometimes the only ones anywhere near one of the map markers, while there are some trifoliate oranges that are not marked. Regardless, I have a total of 183, 8 short of what BlueMue said the PC debug says there should be.

I have not yet done any sidequests that involve herbs. Can anyone give me a list of what they are and when they become available (am just looking for old man Su at present)? In the meantime, I'll keep my eyes pealed for any I may have missed as I work through the story.
I would check with the following people at every opportunity - here's the list for bailu:

1. Huangs tackle - fishing comp (this is repeatable but I wouldn't continue story until you do it. Defo save before speaking to him and get to his before mid day)

2. Huangs tackle - catfish stamps

3. Little kid training in Square - Capsule toy request

4. Man in joy Park - lung fu love quest

5. Kids in sunflower Grove - ghost quest

6. Elder yeh (blind lady) herb collection

7. Panda Market store - Mushroom collection

8. Little kid in panda Market - Soccer bawl win a ball from pail toss

9. Su in sunset hill - tall tales (listen to one story per day)

10. Pawnshop guy - fabled fabric

The Elder Yeh sidequest gives you a root that only becomes available when you trigger it, but it goes to your regular inventory so not sure whether it counts. Also the ghost buster quest makes around 7 collectable mushrooms appear all around the old temple (two of which are in the middle of the stairs close to the sunflower field)

The Kong Mei mushroom quest also makes mushrooms appear.

Guys, maybe more mushrooms do appear in the Kong Mei quest but then disappear if you complete it? She says they grow near lakes and rivers. I got only one near the huge fishing lake and then finished the quest. Maybe more spawned then, near the river, but disappeared once the quest was completed? Maybe these count, but since they disappear, it makes the trophy highly missable? Maybe this is why no one seems to find the last herbs

The Elder Yeh sidequest gives you a root that only becomes available when you trigger it, but it goes to your regular inventory so not sure whether it counts. Also the ghost buster quest makes around 7 collectable mushrooms appear all around the old temple (two of which are in the middle of the stairs close to the sunflower field)

The Kong Mei mushroom quest also makes mushrooms appear.

Guys, maybe more mushrooms do appear in the Kong Mei quest but then disappear if you complete it? She says they grow near lakes and rivers. I got only one near the huge fishing lake and then finished the quest. Maybe more spawned then, near the river, but disappeared once the quest was completed? Maybe these count, but since they disappear, it makes the trophy highly missable? Maybe this is why no one seems to find the last herbs
I wondered this. Not sure I picked up every mushroom for sun but After handing quest in I still had one in my inventory. Does anyone remember if they picked up more than one Mushroom for panda shop lady?

Feels like it would be a hell of an oversight if these were included. I might have one last sweep this evening and then I'm moving on.

I've done another sweep and am now 5 short of the 191 target (assuming that even is the target to trigger the trophy). If I recall correctly, the mushrooms for Sun count as food, as any excess appear in your food supplies and are treated as such. I missed the elder Yeh quest first time around and it has not become available yet on this playthrough. I'll keep you all posted if anything happens once I do these quests or if I find any more on my travels.

I've done another sweep and am now 5 short of the 191 target (assuming that even is the target to trigger the trophy). If I recall correctly, the mushrooms for Sun count as food, as any excess appear in your food supplies and are treated as such. I missed the elder Yeh quest first time around and it has not become available yet on this playthrough. I'll keep you all posted if anything happens once I do these quests or if I find any more on my travels.
Thanks man. Make sure you check around all bodies of water when doing the Kong Mei queat!

Oh my god, I finally got the Bailu trophy! And it happened after picking... a licorice.

Don't know if it has anything to do with it but I was on the sidequest for the mushrooms. Picked the one on the lake, picked the one on the river fishing spot and found two more near the river bed. Then while zooming in on the floor I got locked to a licorice that was standing very close to the water on the left side of the bridge coming from the martial hall.
I also switched the zoom option on for some psychological reasons before looking for them shrooms, but I don't believe this really is a factor. But I'll better mention everything.

So, at least we now know that doing it on a NG+ is possible. On to the Niaowu herbs sigh...

That
Oh my god, I finally got the Bailu trophy! And it happened after picking... a licorice.

Don't know if it has anything to do with it but I was on the sidequest for the mushrooms. Picked the one on the lake, picked the one on the river fishing spot and found two more near the river bed. Then while zooming in on the floor I got locked to a licorice that was standing very close to the water on the left side of the bridge coming from the martial hall.
I also switched the zoom option on for some psychological reasons before looking for them shrooms, but I don't believe this really is a factor. But I'll better mention everything.

So, at least we now know that doing it on a NG+ is possible. On to the Niaowu herbs sigh...
Awesome! That must be it. Must be the mushrooms on the sidequest. I find it highly likely that's why only a handful of people have been getting the trophy - the rest either never triggered the mushroom Kong Mei quest or they finished it without collecting all mushrooms, making them disappear (and making the trophy missable even if you are still in Bailu).

So in NG+ the herbs you collected on the first run stay collected? You dont have to start from scratch?

Congrats BlueMue. Do you have any idea what the total number you picked was? From my hunting, I'd pretty much figured out that all the herbs, including licorice are needed. However, I'm still four short of the possible 191 target, having picked up some that I am positive we're not there when I first scoured the area.

I can't possibly judge how many I've picked in Bailu as I am on round 3, have stuff from Niaowu aswell and sold a ton already.
Only thing I can say is that I have 141 licorice now.

Forgot to mention the other mushroom sidequest where you search them for Sun at night. I found 9 of them this run.

Do the mushrooms for Kong Mei get listed under herbs? I know the mushrooms for Sun are listed under the food category, so I don't think they count.

Do the mushrooms for Kong Mei get listed under herbs? I know the mushrooms for Sun are listed under the food category, so I don't think they count.
They go into your regular inventory, as does the root for the Elder Yeh quest. They dont go as herbs as far as I know. But you do pluck them from the ground the same way you do with regular herbs. So maybe they count, it would explain a lot.

Praise be, hallelujah and thanks to the most high, well done blue!

Now I definitely only picked up one mushroom for the panda store lady. Do we really think that's locked me out of getting the trophy?

Also, I asked this on another thread, but in terms of getting the trophy for all bailu tasks, does anyone know if this pops as soon as you do the last side quest or after you complete the story in Bailu?

I can't possibly judge how many I've picked in Bailu as I am on round 3, have stuff from Niaowu aswell and sold a ton already.
Only thing I can say is that I have 141 licorice now.

Forgot to mention the other mushroom sidequest where you search them for Sun at night. I found 9 of them this run.
141 liquorice? I've read that there are only supposed to be 190 ish in Bailu. There are definitely more than 50 other herbs (not liquorice) so maybe this means thst most herbs just randomly spawn and you just keep going til trophy pops? It's so confusing, what an absolute bastard of a trophy.

141 liquorice? I've read that there are only supposed to be 190 ish in Bailu. There are definitely more than 50 other herbs (not liquorice) so maybe this means thst most herbs just randomly spawn and you just keep going til trophy pops? It's so confusing, what an absolute bastard of a trophy.
What I mean is of you added your liquorice tally to the herbs I have that aren't liquorice it would be well over 200. Or do you have liquorice from Niawao from previous playthroughs?

Holy shit some one has Sussed it out so just to be clear we have to pick more than one mushroom for the old lady that asks u for the mushrooms on my play through I only picked one and that was on the river near the fishing spot so I’m Assuming for The city part of the game it’s one of the side quests to?

Holy shit some one has Sussed it out so just to be clear we have to pick more than one mushroom for the old lady that asks u for the mushrooms on my play through I only picked one and that was on the river near the fishing spot so I’m Assuming for The city part of the game it’s one of the side quests to?
It's only speculation so far. Since this trophy has been giving everyone pure hell, with lots of people scouring the city for hours just to find no additional herbs, and it is surely VERY easy for us to miss out on these extra mushrooms that do appear only as long as that quest is open, and disappear once you complete it, I've been betting these are the "herbs" that have been locking out everyone out of the trophy. Can't confirm so far, but once I get to NG+ that's what I'm trying.

Well hope that’s the answer this is off topic but can we keep completeing the game and still have new game plus Or do u have start fresh if u complete new game plus

Back