Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say 'like' is quite appropriate in this instance... :whistle:

Being serious, I wouldn't wish this on anyone and I hope he makes a speedy recovery (especially as Raab is even more incompetent); but it is kind of fitting that the guy who was watching Italy and other parts of Europe burn, but decided to do nothing here until it was too late, managed to get it...

Exactly. Doesn't make them more important than the people they represent though.
True, but that's just how things work in the real world. My son needs ear surgery and in all has been on a waiting list for more than a year. If I could afford to have it done privately, he would have had the surgery within a few weeks.

Correct me if I'm wrong but testing is not an issue at the moment unless you are on the front line whether you have it or not, we've been ordered to stay inside.

No, but the position of Prime Minister is more important to the country than Geoff: supervisor of the Tesco in Braintree.

Geoff pulls his weight just as much as Boris does. Probably more so.
I mean, Geoff is probably making people stay 4-8 ft apart in his Tesco while Boris is now reaping what he sowed.

GEOFF FOR PM!

Last edited:
Geoff probably wouldn't run a national pandemic exercise in 2016 and then ignore the findings of that exercise (that the UK had severe failings and is ill equipped to deal with a pandemic, primarily because we do not have enough ventilators). Geoff probably wouldn't receive high-level medical advice written in 2017 that found the NHS has a severe shortage of PPE for medical staff and then reject it on the grounds it would be too expensive. Geoff probably wouldn't sit on his hands for weeks if he noticed other 'supermarkets' (or, say... countries) were struggling with huge issues (like, say a pandemic) that is a ticking time bomb for his 'supermarket'. Geoff probably doesn't have 6-14 kids he knows nothing about and has nothing to do with. If Geoff's staff and colleagues started dropping dead he probably wouldn't suggest they all "take it on the chin" and see what happens. Geoff probably wouldn't ignore advice from his superiors.

I quite like Geoff to be honest :LOL:

Geoff capitalises the first letter of each word on Facebook, owns a Liverpool scarf, and voted leave.

But the fact remains, incompetent person in the position or not, the PM is still more important.

Who the fuck is Geoff?

Anyway, none of my friends, family or anyone I know of has coronavirus. That was until yesterday. Friend of mine said his girlfriend who he lives with got it. Haven't heard from him since though.

Reactions: red
I read stuff like this and just makes me think what the fuck is going on? On the one hand, this is all insane. An MP being accosted by police for sitting down about 10 metres away from their parents' front doorstep to say happy birthday to their elderly dad whilst dropping off supplies, a 13 year old being arrested for being outside (to be fair, no further details on that one) and releasing drones in popular beauty spots, when we're allowed out to exercise once per day. On the other hand, this shit is serious, people are dying and our hospitals cannot cope with the number of people being hospitalised.

Fucking hell.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...k-targeted-by-police-for-visiting-father-neil

Last time I went out I didn't. When I go out next time, I may have to. Reason being you don't know what idiot will do what. For example, I went out to grab some stuff and approaching me in the car park was a bum of a man who I see every so often and always asks me for money.

Virus or not, I always keep my distance because he gets quite aggressive when you tell him no. On this occasion he comes right up to me looking to shake my hand. Me visibly looking disgusted and moving away, he kinda muttered something but was trying to come directly in my face to say it.

I have two young children and elderly neighbours so taking this a bit more seriously than before.

I read stuff like this and just makes me think what the fuck is going on? On the one hand, this is all insane. An MP being accosted by police for sitting down about 10 metres away from their parents' front doorstep to say happy birthday to their elderly dad whilst dropping off supplies, a 13 year old being arrested for being outside (to be fair, no further details on that one) and releasing drones in popular beauty spots, when we're allowed out to exercise once per day. On the other hand, this shit is serious, people are dying and our hospitals cannot cope with the number of people being hospitalised.

Fucking hell.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...k-targeted-by-police-for-visiting-father-neil
The longer this goes on the more I'm thinking the government may just need to let this thing run rampant if there is no end in sight. The main reason for this lock down is not to eliminate the virus per se, but stem the flow of cases so our health services are able to cope. If we're going to have this continuous trickle of cases, God knows when things will return to normal.

I lost my job and all the opportunities I've had since have been put on hold. I'm also struggling to find any temporary work in the supermarkets and this is all with a mortgage to pay and other government bills that haven't been stopped. The mortgage holidays banks are offering are nothing new and end up costing you more in the long term when between them and the government they should simply be able to suspend payments without incurring additional cost for the customer.

This may come across extremely shallow but is this all worth crippling our economy? I appreciate that the economy can recover and the dead can't but surely they can't let this lock down continue for months?

Is the economy worth saving if many that are making the rules are the government and the businesses that regularly abuse people like us? Maybe it’s a bit of a pipe dream but perhaps it’s a chance for normal folks to eventually try to band together and tell these asshats at the top to fuck off.

Excuse the rudimentary way of me explaining my point here but I see where @Nathanial Essex is coming from to a point.

If the economy is crippled and there's no jobs to come back to how can the government afford the massive bailouts its paying for once things go back to normal? Those of us in work will end up paying higher taxes.

Flip side is if you let it go and run rampant, people die and then it's rightly a national scandal. I've read several articles that say in these situations governments have 2 choices, save the economy or the people. Even if they go people eventually they abandon this for the economy.

Either way it's not going to look good.

Is the economy worth saving if many that are making the rules are the government and the businesses that regularly abuse people like us? Maybe it’s a bit of a pipe dream but perhaps it’s a chance for normal folks to eventually try to band together and tell these asshats at the top to fuck off.
As much as you can tell the government, bank and landlords to, I quote, "fuck off", they can also do the same by fining you, kicking you out or taking your house away. Once your in a system, it's not so easy to get out.

@spud1897, it's one of those situations where saving their reputation will trump any practical sense. Not wanting to be too critical of the government asI feel their choices have been limited in addition to being hard, but if this is looking like it will be going on for another 3 months at least, they need to seriously consider letting things go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back