Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had Corono symptoms since last Friday and I can tell you all now it's no joke...
I'm a 34 year old guy, relatively fit, and I was lying in my bed on Saturday afternoon gasping for breath and very, very scared. I have had extreme cold fever, shivering, goosebumps, yet my skin is red hot too touch, I have lost all sense of taste and smell, I have a constant fuzziness which leaves you confused, almost like a permanent hangover. Lost my appetite for the entire weekend. I felt like I was getting better yesterday and woke up with a dry cough this morning that was bad for a few hours but seems to have gone. It comes and goes in waves.

My wife has symptoms last week (lost sense of taste and smell) but she was better after a few days. There's no telling how its going to affect you until you get it.

Stay home, stay safe...honestly...just be glad you're fit and well

The first big sign that EVERYONE has had, when they get it, is loss of taste and smell; if you have that, get tested immediately to confirm and then lock yourself at home.

Glad you're getting over it, DBL!

The first big sign that EVERYONE has had, when they get it, is loss of taste and smell; if you have that, get tested immediately to confirm and then lock yourself at home.

Glad you're getting over it, DBL!
Good luck getting tested over here lol.

Yeah indeed. Though seriously, having experience it first hand you can understand why it is so , so dangerous for older people and those with underlying health conditions. Going downstairs in the middle of the night to get a glass of water, then being out of breath before you make it back to the top of the stairs, was very sobering indeed. Felt like I was suddenly 50 years older than I am now. I definitely feel like I am through the worst of it but its very horrible and like nothing I've ever experienced before (or want to again).

I was sent home last Monday to work from home indefinitely and have been obeying the lockdown and I still got it. If there's a two week incubation we should have gone into lockdown sooner IMO

Oh I forgot to mention it all started with really, really sore eyes for me. So much so that it hurt to look around. I thought I just had terrible hayfever at first.

Deciding whether or not to ask tomorrow about taking a leave of absence, or if not possible, a weeksā€™ notice, given rapidly rising numbers in my area...itā€™s a tough decision. This is only my third job Iā€™ve had, and Iā€™ve only been working a straight 6 years after a long 5 of having been unemployed and looking. So I donā€™t know how Iā€™ll fare in looking for new work after all this is over...but then again who knows how much the market will change in general by then.

While my art has not shown much promise, perhaps more free time might be what is necessary to try and push further and think more creatively about how to monetize it in the meantime. In any case, Iā€™d rather leave my job on good terms, if I have to, but I know how theyā€™ve mistreated me in the past, whether it was not acting as they really should have on one incident where I got injured, or abusing my role as part time ā€œflexā€, etc. If not even for my own health, then for my parents, my sister, and her husband, who I live with. Itā€™s just not worth one extra $1 per hour.

If I can manage to cut down my expenses by $100 a month, and depending on how soon this supposed check comes, perhaps I can get by for more than a couple months. Doesnā€™t matter much as we legally canā€™t be evicted, but no one knows how long that might last either.

I'm just doing all the overtime I can. Work are prioritising medical supplies, toys n games to keep kids occupied, educational material, food, etc. Makes me feel better doin summat rather than just sitting on my arse playin on the Xbox.

Plus people there are dropping like flies either because they or their family members have shown symptoms, have to look after their kids, or blaggin it to take advantage of a fortnight off with full pay. Work have hired a loada new staff to cope, but they're understandably slow to start with, so they need more experienced heads to take the pressure off.

One thing I've noticed during my commute is that workers tend to be very respectful of the social distancing regulations. The younger crowd though (especially teenage scrotes) don't give a fuck. It proper irritates me, but honestly, I have to ask myself if that woulda been me when I was their age.

Coronavirus Diaries - Part 4 (I think)

Got to Tesco for 8am and there is a queue taking up about a fifth of the car park as they were limiting the amount of people going in the store. Probably spent around 25 minutes in it.

Most of the shelves were stacked, plenty of toilet role and even pasta and beans. Security guards were patrolling the store and a lot of people had masks and/or gloves.

They've now even got a screen separating customers from the cashiers. Mine was quite useless as the cashier serving me not only had an unavoidable smell of alcohol, cigarettes and a general lack of hygiene, but was coughing into her hand and picking at her nose :mask:.

All very surreal but with that said, looks like the panic for the most part is over.

So I woke up feeling extremely tired and fatigued. I have no energy at all.

I have no idea if it's just my body being fed up with not leaving the house, exhaustion from looking after a child 24/7 and working from home or if I'm coming down with the virus. Hopefully I'm fine.

Slight update. I have now had a bad headache for the last few hours. No temperature or cough and otherwise feel "fine". I reckon it could just be a migraine. I'll see what tomorrow brings I guess.

So I woke up feeling extremely tired and fatigued. I have no energy at all.

I have no idea if it's just my body being fed up with not leaving the house, exhaustion from looking after a child 24/7 and working from home or if I'm coming down with the virus. Hopefully I'm fine.
There is also people developing anxiaty problems due to the situation :(

I ended up deciding to just work til friday, take whatever vacation time Iā€™ve built up, and be on indefinite leave after that. Just too much to risk, even if itā€™s not entirely deadly, hearing about cases where the virus can pretty much destroy nerves permanently so you may not regain sense of smell or taste. No amount of this is worth it to me.

I ended up deciding to just work til friday, take whatever vacation time Iā€™ve built up, and be on indefinite leave after that. Just too much to risk, even if itā€™s not entirely deadly, hearing about cases where the virus can pretty much destroy nerves permanently so you may not regain sense of smell or taste. No amount of this is worth it to me.
My contract is up for renewal in two weeks and Iā€™m seriously considering letting it lapse. My company arenā€™t taking the situation at all seriously (much like the rest of Japan) and I donā€™t earn nearly enough to be risking my life for the sake of my job.

The only thing that might make me re-sign is my visa (Iā€™d have to find another job within 3 months which might prove difficult in the current climate), but right now Iā€™d much rather be sitting around at home unpaid than having to commute on the busy trains and working every day.

I have had Corono symptoms since last Friday and I can tell you all now it's no joke...
I'm a 34 year old guy, relatively fit, and I was lying in my bed on Saturday afternoon gasping for breath and very, very scared. I have had extreme cold fever, shivering, goosebumps, yet my skin is red hot too touch, I have lost all sense of taste and smell, I have a constant fuzziness which leaves you confused, almost like a permanent hangover. Lost my appetite for the entire weekend. I felt like I was getting better yesterday and woke up with a dry cough this morning that was bad for a few hours but seems to have gone. It comes and goes in waves.

My wife has symptoms last week (lost sense of taste and smell) but she was better after a few days. There's no telling how its going to affect you until you get it.

Stay home, stay safe...honestly...just be glad you're fit and well

I had very similar symptoms 4 weeks ago. The hangover description is a perfect analogy. My symptoms were as follows

• Cold fever and hot to touch (constant sweating)
  • Constant cough
  • Headache
  • Lost my taste and smell
  • Appetite gone
  • Hangover state. Unable to focus or pay attention.
  • Slept in bed all day constantly.
I didnt have any trouble breathing if i recall correctly, but i do remember taking the bins out and finding it hard to walk for long durations. I think it was more due to the hangover effect though. Another interesting note is, the loss of taste and smell was the symptom that lasted the longest. This thing hit me like a F*cking truck and KO'ed me. it came in waves as you said.

I have no idea if it was the virus as this took place when cases were still fairly low in the UK. I say fairly low, but they are not testing people in the UK, so f*k knows how much people actually have it. What I can say is, I am a very fit 33 year old and hardly ever get sick. Im completely ok now, but i'll be going for that antibody test the second it becomes available to the public.

I should also note, I take vitamin C, D and apple cider vinegar on a regular basis. Dunno if that helped at all as I take that stuff on a normal day, but it certainly didnt hurt.

4 weeks have past since then, my Grandma is staying with me and shes vulnerable. We're both good and on strict lockdown.

Please everyone, stay safe and look after yourselves and loved ones.

Last edited:
Reassuring to read @ShenSun glad you and your nan are OK. I feel I'm through the worst now, I could even taste the sugar in my tea this morning. Amazing how something so mundane can be so welcome these days.

Yeah, getting my taste back was a godsend. I love my food lol.

I did allow the virus to die like a warrior, so there is that. I just wanna know whether i had it or not. Hopefully we'll be able to find out soon.

I had very similar symptoms 4 weeks ago. The hangover description is a perfect analogy. My symptoms were as follows

• Cold fever and hot to touch (constant sweating)
  • Constant cough
  • Headache
  • Lost my taste and smell
  • Appetite gone
  • Hangover state. Unable to focus or pay attention.
  • Slept in bed all day constantly.
I didnt have any trouble breathing if i recall correctly, but i do remember taking the bins out and finding it hard to walk for long durations. I think it was more due to the hangover effect though. Another interesting note is, the loss of taste and smell was the symptom that lasted the longest. This thing hit me like a F*cking truck and KO'ed me. it came in waves as you said.

I have no idea if it was the virus as this took place when cases were still fairly low in the UK. I say fairly low, but they are not testing people in the UK, so f*k knows how much people actually have it. What I can say is, I am a very fit 33 year old and hardly ever get sick. Im completely ok now, but i'll be going for that antibody test the second it becomes available to the public.

I should also note, I take vitamin C, D and apple cider vinegar on a regular basis. Dunno if that helped at all as I take that stuff on a normal day, but it certainly didnt hurt.

4 weeks have past since then, my Grandma is staying with me and shes vulnerable. We're both good and on strict lockdown.

Please everyone, stay safe and look after yourselves and loved ones.

DEFINITELY sounds like you had it.

Both my children fall asleep and my wife is in her own world which allows me to do anything I want yet I do nothing. I'm so bored. Things would be different if I had a job, and I am applying, but nothing much to do outside of that. Brother is still working so can't play games online together until he finishes and by the time that happens I'm tired and looking to go to bed.

I started doing press-ups again and looking to do 20 a day. Doesn't sound like a lot but it's been such a long time since I've done any exercise it's a start. I'm also doing lower back exercises on a daily basis too.

I've pretty much given up on trying to find a "professional" job and have been applying to be a delivery driver or anything else for that matter. I even sent an application to be a bin-man but never heard back. Not panicking now but come May it will be a challenge if I don't find anything. Got an interview tomorrow with a finance company, or at least the recruiter, but don't feel good about it as they've cancelled twice and rebooked with their excuses about "having to rush out of the office for an urgent meeting" not ringing true as we're on lockdown. Gut feeling says I'll get a call tomorrow saying the role has been filled or cancelled.

The days are flying by though but not in a good way as I feel I am wasting them. Need to get some routine or at least commit to something like studying for a qualification or starting a business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back