Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t condone this type of behavior, but last time I checked, price gouging was illegal in the UK...
It can be and they are cracking down on such behaviour but I don't agree with people getting on their high horse and being so insulting. Just another part of this country going crazy over something we should easily be able to handle.

It can be and they are cracking down on such behaviour but I don't agree with people getting on their high horse and being so insulting. Just another part of this country going crazy over something we should easily be able to handle.

Yeah, I think people need to calm down. There's a local shop around the corner from me and a lady accused the shop of increasing the price of toilet paper. Her post on social media went viral within our area and supposedly the man who runs the shop was receiving death threats. He claims he hasn't even increased the prices and she just made it all up because she has a vendetta against him. No idea what the truth is, but this kind of behaviour is not helpful at all.

Death threats... over TP :ROFLMAO:
If only these moron's could step back for a second and see how pathetic they really are.

It's like people don't realise you can clean your anus and genitals with water.
Both of my bathrooms do have those cool toilet seats with the built in bidets, but aside from soaking the bathroom with one of them when I first moved in, I can’t say that I’ve ever used them.

Both of my bathrooms do have those cool toilet seats with the built in bidets, but aside from soaking the bathroom with one of them when I first moved in, I can’t say that I’ve ever used them.

That sounds pretty cool! I'd probably give them a try. Particularly if things get desperate.

Personally I have a whole load of washable wipes... :whistle:

That sounds pretty cool! I'd probably give them a try. Particularly if things get desperate.

Personally I have a whole load of washable wipes... :whistle:
I think we’re okay for foreseeable future. My wife picked up 12 rolls without telling me last weekend and I picked up another 12 a few days ago when I saw that our local supermarket had a few packs left in stock because I thought we were down to our last few rolls.

So done a shop today.

Shelves were empty as usual but it was somewhat encouraging to see nappies on the shelves late in the day and a handful of bread. There was even microwaveable rice when previously even that was gone. With that said, still no canned food, pasta, biscuits and the meet in the frozen section was near gone aside from some burgers.

Hoping all the hardcore hoarders are nearing an end and stock will increase. I'm still jobless so applied online and in store for temporary work at my local Tesco.

Absolutelty NO ONE at my job takes this shit seriously. I am fucked.

Go to HR and grass em up.

Oh come on, it's pathetic. Keep your boners to yourselves.

I'm sure the self-employed and the relatives and friends of the dead would appreciate it.

Aye, it's defo the PM's fault that they're dead.

Social media is a platform for sharing. You're quite free to share your own thoughts too, which you are doing, making it quite hypocritical for you to be showing us your flaccid widge.

If you don't wanna see any of that shit, unfriend or unfollow em. Hell, block em if you want to, but they're doing absolutely nothing wrong, stupid, or morally repugnant.

People, believe it or not, can be grateful for things. Even if one despises all the other aspects or decisions of the person. Hell, I reckon Flashing Lights is an absolute banger, which is the only thing I can say about Kanye West that doesn't end in me rambling on about tearing his face off with a cheese grater I found in a skip somewhere.

Last edited:
Grateful for what? He's done a fucking terrible job. We lost weeks of preparation that could have limited the spread and impact of this through his.... "dither and delay".

You say I'm a hypocrite and yet the aim of those shite, nauseating, fact free, puke inducing bollocks viral posts sucking Boris' nob doing the rounds right now is to shut down any criticism and imply those who do criticise are some how "unpatriotic". Fuck that.

Don't turn this into a politics thread/discussion or the thread will be locked.

I was on LinkedIn, the only social media I use, and the post praising Boris as our saviour was cringe worthy. With that said, I don't think the response had been inadequate. People have died yes, but that was always going to happen.

Our biggest problem at the moment is nothing to do with politics, it's people going overboard on the food stocking and creating a domino affect for others.

Probably because politics soon ends up being a flame war lol

Don't lock my thread because of one person. Besides, we're not getting too political and what's the issue if we do? (I'm not challenging but genuinely asking)
Politics gets personal quickly and turns into an insult fest. I'm all for constructive discussions but politics ones always desend into madness.

Hey I'll stop it, no need to lock man. Sorry about that. I'm just frustrated by the whole situation. It's hard to not be politically with my thoughts on this. Of course deaths are inevitable, but the time to act was when most of mainland Europe, particularly Italy, was being ripped apart by this. There's been too much messing about, contradictions and u-turns.

Edit: Not to mention that scientists and medical experts have been warning about COVID-19 for ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back