Do you think the Demo will be divisive?

I'd say it's highly unlikely they'll spend time creating assets like the boat to Hong Kong for the sake of a trial that only a few players will officially get to see. That would not be a responsible use of their limited resources.

It'd be thrilled if they did it, but it's definitely a long shot! "What's Shenmue?" worked because it was primarily existing assets (besides the voice acting).

Maybe they could split the difference, like the original Shenmue demo, use an area from Shenmue III, populate it with a surprise variety of characters, and add a new, unique quest or two.

It'd be thrilled if they did it, but it's definitely a long shot! "What's Shenmue?" worked because it was primarily existing assets (besides the voice acting).

Maybe they could split the difference, like the original Shenmue demo, use an area from Shenmue III, populate it with a surprise variety of characters, and add a new, unique quest or two.
That's exactly what I would want. Add in some characters that don't fit like how Izumi was in What's Shenmue... it would be so fun...

It would be nice if the demo progress/items could be carried over to the full game once we get that. Throwing in a few uniques things would just make it all the more special and add replay value even after Shennmue 3 is out for the fans, even if it's just a slice reworked from the main game.

I do, so long as they're all quality lol

In this case, I go by less is more.

Considering how shenmue 3 will let you play as 3 characters, we can get as many games as possible in one game. Yakuza 4 and 5 is great at this too

And I still don’t want Shenmue to get convoluted.

Shenmue demos, like the original What's Shenmue, are what you meticulously add to your collection and play once reverently ten years down the line while waiting patiently for Shenmue 4.

Back