[E3 2019 Speculation, Rumour, & Discussion Thread]

Can you simply imagine how he initially felt, standing behind that stage? A small group of fans begged him to resurrect it for YEARS..now he was up there, hoping for at least a small positive reaction to it coming back(did anyone even remember it?). After all, he was asking for money for a chance.

To hear all those gasps, cheers and subsequent raucous applause and a record Kickstarter summation will probably be a memory Yu treasures to his grave.
making me choke up a little over here ngl...

Minimally, I'd just wanna see some of the new mini games in action & a group brawl snippet just to see if Yu had hit that sweet-spot he mention he had always wanted to do back in S1&2 but couldn't fulfill. Lastly, if models/animations polishing is up to serviceable standards where it won't be a turn-off/point of contention used as a club to beat the game over the head with by the haters/general public.

Aside from that...It'd be really cool if we finally get a sample of the Eng dub via a game-play trailer. Demo release date. Plus, ads 4 whatever new merch they're cooking up behind the scenes.

I personally hope, the press will not just run around in circles, write up a lame impression, then just calls it a day and cash in on clicks. The big outlets getting first debs gotta send in someone who knows how 2 sample+do a write up of an avant-garde game properly. Best if the impressions are based on giving the game a fair shot and not strong hate bias/incompetence.

Just been doing some snooping about. PushSqaure seem to think a State of Play won't happen until July. Not sure if there's anything official behind this but it's an intriguing take.

I remain hopeful for E3 that we will see something new. Hopefully a trailer.

I think that Deep Silver will show the Trailer at the E3. At least I hope so. I do not Count at all on Sony concerning Shenmue 3. Maybe they will feature it in one later state of Play. But who knows when the next state of play will be.

As fans Shenmue 3 really Import for us, so we hope Sony sees it the same way as we do. But in reality they do not not. Sony knows that can generate much more Attention, with other titles their Fans crave for. And titles are not Shenmue 3 unfortunately. :(. The average Sony Fanboy craves for Dead Stranding, Ghost of Tsumshima and the Last of US 2. So Sony will Focus on These titles and not on our beloved Shenmue 3.

Everything is up to Deep Silver now. I am not saying btw that Sony won't do anything to Showcase it. I am sure they will do something to a certain extent, but they won't use their whole Marketing super powers for a title most of their fanbase simply does not care for. Bad for Shenmue and bad for us fans, but that is the reality for now.

I think there are about three options. Deep Silver could show a new trailer at the Pc Gaming Show,
the whole show is sponsored by Epic Game Store and Deep Silver has released games in that store.
That doesnt mean that Shenmue 3 will be Epic exclusive, its just sponsored advertisement.

Deep Silver could also release a new trailer in the time frame of E3, not as a E3 event premiere
but on all social platforms simultaneously.

And / or they could showcase S3 in one of those Gamespot / IGN whatever segments.
You know, these 5-15 minute preview things where two members of that show talk about the game
or there is a member of the studio present and they ask them some questions and so on.

I'm 100% sure that one of these three options will happen.
All of Deep Silvers latest big games had some kind of reveal / trailer / preview at / around E3.

Options 2 and 3 seem more likely to me, at the moment. Deep Silver isn't on the published roster of developers and publishers already announced for the PC Gaming Show, which could change in the next few days, but probably not. Not even SEGA are attending this year, which makes me wonder if Epic's support for the show has pushed out the publishers who don't have products heading to the EGS.

Options 2 and 3 seem more likely to me, at the moment. Deep Silver isn't on the published roster of developers and publishers already announced for the PC Gaming Show, which could change in the next few days, but probably not. Not even SEGA are attending this year, which makes me wonder if Epic's support for the show has pushed out the publishers who don't have products heading to the EGS.

Shenmue III showing at the PC Gamer show this year would be more of a disservice to Shenmue III than not being at E3 at all.

I think Deep Silver will just drop a trailer during E3 time. And maybe get the game featured live at IGN or any other website.

I think Deep Silver will just drop a trailer during E3 time. And maybe get the game featured live at IGN or any other website.
Yeah, this is more or less where I am.

I'm sure one or two might be up in arms about a lack of a big platform but... news carries itself these days. If E3 is as muted as some expect it will be this year, it could end up being one of the bigger stories.

I must say, I haven't been following these Death Stranding Teasers, but at the very least it has notified me for todays reveal - which I am interested in.

As for Shenmue III's appearance at E3 - I want a decent 3-5 min trailer & I'm hoping that there is a Gameplay Demonstration shown from the Playable Demo - If not officially from YSnet, I'll take any gaming media site.

As for content, I want to see more battles & a tease of what the Story of Shenmue III will be focused around, as of now, it is still unclear...

Lots of leaks going on now. Just will say many AAA titles are being pushed to end of year or 2020...leaving Shenmue III as one of the only AAA titles releasing near E3 season...

Ok, wild conspiracy time...what if “Tomorrow is in your hands” means a playable demo in people’s hands? What if that kicks off a PSN E3 of demo releases, with a Shenmue III playable demo launch on June 3rd for backers and pre-orderers? Just imagine...

Back