EDGE Magazine Cover Story: Shenmue 3

I ordered my copy as soon as I woke up this morning. The cover thumbnail hadn't even been added at that point and it was just showing a placeholder cardboard box image. I'm glad the newsstand version still has gold foil letters, that was a big selling point for me.

Will be returning to the UK in the next week or so, so will definitely be on the lookout for a copy while I'm there! In the meantime, I'm going to download a copy for my Kindle to read on the plane, if I can actually wait until then.

I wish Edge would do a bronze foil letters cover just available for people who couldn't beat Chai at the arcade.

Ah jesus, I caved. Feels like a waste of money but I dunno, something is pulling me in... almost feels ominous...

I get your point but do not agree thought. In that regrad I am super old fashioned. I prefer print media over online stuff and I find it way more pleasent to read longer Texts in a Magazine. Reading it online is way more uncomfortable. So I try to get as much printend Information as possible.

Also got every article from the RE 2 Remake for collecting puroposes. Reading this stuff is especially interesting in Retro perspective.

When you read some old german articles about the Shenmue 1 and 2 it is funny how many mistakes they made. One Magazine adressed Yokosuka as a chinese City and not a japanese City.

Will be interesting to see in a few years how much info of the game in advance was accurate and which Infos were not accurate at all.

I prefer print media over online stuff and I find it way more pleasent to read longer Texts in a Magazine. Reading it online is way more uncomfortable. So I try to get as much printend Information as possible.
I certainly agree with enjoying printed media more, but the problem is it's a physical object, not a file I can pull up at any time. It needs to be stored and taken care of, and I really just don't care enough for all that after I read it once or twice...
I'd prefer a digital library of everything over a physical one, even though I enjoy the physical stuff more. I don't like having a lot of things in my house that I use rarely...

Got the last copy they had at WHSmith in Newcastle. I don't know how often they sell out, but it was cool to get there just in the nick of time.

Also, wow has Edge shrunk since the last time I bought a copy.

Yeah, I was in WHSmith this morning. They had a ton of copies and I was so tempted to pick it up, but guess I should wait for my online order instead. Now I feel daft for ordering it online.

I'm taking an impromptu trip to the UK in the next 3-4 weeks...I wonder if that'll be too late to grab a copy. :unsure:

I'm taking an impromptu trip to the UK in the next 3-4 weeks...I wonder if that'll be too late to grab a copy. :unsure:
You might get lucky. WHSmiths had the old copies still out when I picked mine up. Sometimes they hold them so it could be worth asking.

Edit: Never mind. You can get a free trial for Edge on Kindle as I did and read it that way. Then cancel after wards.
Per one of their tweets last week, they also have an iOS app, and presumably android as well.

A physical copy is only $10 USD including shipping, my copy shipped the day after I ordered. Hoping it arrives late next week.

I just got the magazine today up town. They must have had a restock in WHSmith which I was pleased about as I just had to get the magazine if Shenmue 3 was on the front. Can someone tell me if it contains a lot of story spoilers? I know there are gameplay spoilers but I feel it may be best to read the mag when the game comes out.

I just got the magazine today up town. They must have had a restock in WHSmith which I was pleased about as I just had to get the magazine if Shenmue 3 was on the front. Can someone tell me if it contains a lot of story spoilers? I know there are gameplay spoilers but I feel it may be best to read the mag when the game comes out.
It mentions names of people you have to speak to but it doesn't go into too much story depth.

If you want to go in cold don't read it but I didn't find it too bad in terms of spoilers.

There is a huge story spoiler that was dropped nonchalantly
Are we talking

Niaowu?

Because it's sort of inconclusive what it actually is. Personally it's looking like it isn't an actual spoiler outside of

giving away the name of a district in Chobu. I think Araviel lended some weight to this theory by saying both have bird in the name.

Are we talking

Niaowu?

Because it's sort of inconclusive what it actually is. Personally it's looking like it isn't an actual spoiler outside of

giving away the name of a district in Chobu. I think Araviel lended some weight to this theory by saying both have bird in the name.
No, I'm referring to
Shenhua being kidnapped

Back