EDGE Magazine Cover Story: Shenmue 3

It must be selling better than they expected, because the US price increased by $3 since I ordered my copy last Thursday! The prices slowly go up as their stock depletes, which is why the Smash Bros issue costs the most of the remaining back-issues. Prior to the April issue going live last week, the March issue was still selling for the starting price.

It must be selling better than they expected, because the US price increased by $3 since I ordered my copy last Thursday! The prices slowly go up as their stock depletes, which is why the Smash Bros issue costs the most of the remaining back-issues. Prior to the April issue going live last week, the March issue was still selling for the starting price.

Really? I just checked and it's a penny cheaper now for me. And I ordered mine the day it came out.

yes the stuff from my favourite mags is quite slow at least for sales abroad. I ordered mine last week and it did not arrive yet. I am not suprised about it in any means though.It is not the first time I ordered a mag there, and the average delivery is about 14 to 23 days.

But within the Uk the delivery should be faster... So if the guys from the Uk did not get it it either I am not sure what the Problem is.. They must be really slow..

@9dragons I'm from the UK and still waiting. I'm hopeful it will come today. It seems like it takes them about 4 working days to post and then they use second class post here (the cheapest and slowest available post). It should still only take a couple of days, but I suspect they mark the magazines as dispatched and post them the following day in some cases. So I expect it will take a while for those in other countries.

@Sappharad That's really weird. I wonder why the price has gone up for some countries, but has actually gone down by 1p in the UK. I ordered on the 28th Feb and it was £5.50. Now it's 5.49. Weird.

Oh look, surprise, surprise, my Edge magazine still hasn't arrived. My Favourite Magazines are a bit shit really and clearly lie about dispatch times.

Good to know that they are so slow within the UK as well. I am not surprised that my Shipment to Austria is not there yet. Ordered a few mags already from them and it always arrived after 14 to 21 days.

I can go one further. One pleb thinks they can get £300 for this... <____<

1552126391739.png

I finally got my magazine and read it last night. Despite pissing me off right off the bat with accusations that Shenmue killed Sega and Dreamcast, and misspelling Iwao's name twice in a row, as well as some other nitpicks, my god was it an amazing read. I've never been so pumped for a game in my life. I finally am starting to breath easy and be confident that not only will this game exist... but it looks like it's gonna be fucking amazing to!

I mean, I take what I read about certain things with a grain of salt. YS is known for being a bit overly verbose in his descriptions of game mechanics. As awesome as the rapport system and other such things sound, I'm reminded of the "magic weather system" which was basically just random weather. I'm reminded of "FREE" when really outside of Ryo's house it was very rare you ever had to look around in first person and manipulate things.

I worry that the rapport system might not be all that much more than how people opened up to you more and more about the Mad Angels as you worked at the harbor longer. But honestly, I really truly think now that all my fears should be thrown out the window at this point. When YS was talking about hidden items in the world that you have to find in first person mode, something clicked with me. I think he really, REALLY has an amazing grasp on how to make us happy here, and I fully expect him to deliver...

100 moves scrolls, fight clubs, hidden items forcing you to really react with all environments, complex social interaction systems, an evironment that is a healthy mix of what Shen1 and 2 offered(a foreign and somewhat uninviting place to ryo but small enough that he can get to know all these people just like in yokosuka over time)... I mean I'm just blown away thinking of the possibilities. I need to figure out a way to be home during launch... I need to soak this in for days...

edit: I'm also left wondering if this game will be so good it starts pulling in mainstream consumers. Maybe not right away, but a bit of a Napoleon Dynamite situation when a year later and it's on sale suddenly tons of people will buy it after hearing how good it is. We can only pray...

My copy still has not arrived. But no big surprise. My other orders I did at my favourite mags

also took 14 to 21 days so I am used the wait.

I just hope it arrives before shenmue 3 is available :eek:

^ Judging by the recommended items on the left your Mad Angel Pedro cosplay must be coming along splendidly.

Haha, I'm cosplaying as Caroline from Persona 5 for a sci-fi convention in a couple of weeks and needed the hat and wig. I enjoy cosplaying as girls as it makes me stand out from other people ^^;

My copy arrived today. I ordered around 7am the morning it went on sale (US time) and it shipped the next day. There were Swiss Post stickers on it, which implies to me that it came from Switzerland.

I haven't made it through the whole thing yet, but it's nice to have a physical Shenmue III related item to hold me over until August.

The EDGE is now more expensive than Shenmue 3. :-D

The game is more important to me than the magazine. But it have a very fantastic article about our game.

Back