General Virtua Fighter Talk

Sl3O14Q.jpg

Got my Hunter badge today, too :)

@Down by Law and @danielmann861 finally got the hunter rank :)

View attachment 11651

Everyone needs to get together and have some games at some point. This game is awesome

Welcome to the club :D It is a lot of fun...I'm enjoying the hell out of actually trying to learn it against real people for a change.

Hopefully those signs of the eventual Steam port are true though...I wanna see this thing running on my PC.

FGC stands for Fighting Games Crybabies, I will die on that hill.
It's like colling Shadow of the Colosus PS4 a "port"...

A mediocre port? So remaking everything in a new engine is now called a mediocre port?

But what else do I expect from a community that touts "NO ROLLBACK, NO BUY!" even when the game is offered to them for free.
When we did the SEGA Lounge Podcast recently it was very interesting to hear the potential reasons as to why Rollback wasn't used.

But then this lot probably have no clue what it is and are jumping on a bandwagon of outrage rather than listening to people who know what's what.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Sad but true. Even though it's not a good value for the full price, and even though I thought it would be better than Final Showdown, aaaaannnd even though I said I wasn't sure if I regretted buying it from a quality standpoint, I'm still happy to support VF5US if we can possibly get a VF6 or better yet a VF reboot out of it.

A mediocre port? So remaking everything in a new engine is now called a mediocre port?

But what else do I expect from a community that touts "NO ROLLBACK, NO BUY!" even when the game is offered to them for free.
I am so tired of those people, people whining because no rollback, people whining because they don't like art direction, people whining because the fucking HUD, people whining, people whining because some customization assets are not ther YET (stated that they are WIP), people whining because no bikinis for Sarah and Pai so they can not (you know what)...

I am so tired of those people, people whining because no rollback, people whining because they don't like art direction, people whining because the fucking HUD, people whining, people whining because some customization assets are not ther YET (stated that they are WIP), people whining because no bikinis for Sarah and Pai so they can not (you know what)...

The stupid thing about that is you can change the HUD :D

It's not like they had to rebuild assets or anything....nope that stuff should be there day one or "NO BUY!"...never mind that it's literally only 15$ (AUD at least) for the customization DLC

Sometimes, I do think we can be a rather entitled type....as much as I hate to admit it.

This VF game is awesome. I've only had two laggy matches out of 100 games. I know some people have experienced more, but overall, the netcode is pretty damn good. Rollback would be ideal, so hopefully in virtua fighter 6

The new generation of gamers just whine and jump on outrage bandwagons all the time. I wouldn't worry too much about them

Ironic thing is, most of them don't even play these games that much so wouldn't experience the benefits of a good netcode anyway.

Bunch of clowns.

I got stucked in 2nd Dan with Sarah, the level once reached the Dans are pretty good mostly. The thing is that I still keep playing and learning, that's what make VF so awesome, easy to jump in, hard to master. Like most of Sega arcades.

Getting to 3rd Dan has been an achievement for me. I'm so bad. It took me hours to get out of 2nd Dan. L:(L. At one point I actually almost got demoted but got out of a fight by the skin of my teeth and saved my dignity. I think I'm finally getting the hang of using the macros. Maybe I should try playing someone other than Kage-maru...

If this is a mediocre port, then the actual game is the greatest fighting game ever made because I, mjq jazz bar, have never had this much fun with a fighting game in my life. I'd never felt like playing a fighting game the moment I wake up or had to force myself to go to bed when I'm playing a fighting game until I met VF5: Ultimate Showdown. Never. Not once. (Well, maybe PowerStone 1 & 2 when they were new). And I suck at this game. I lose most of my matches. I should hate it. But I don't. Because it has incredible mechanics and it just feels fun. Well done, Sega.

Getting to 3rd Dan has been an achievement for me. I'm so bad. It took me hours to get out of 2nd Dan. L:(L. At one point I actually almost got demoted but got out of a fight by the skin of my teeth and saved my dignity. I think I'm finally getting the hang of using the macros. Maybe I should try playing someone other than Kage-maru...

If this is a mediocre port, then the actual game is the greatest fighting game ever made because I, mjq jazz bar, have never had this much fun with a fighting game in my life. I'd never felt like playing a fighting game the moment I wake up or had to force myself to go to bed when I'm playing a fighting game until I met VF5: Ultimate Showdown. Never. Not once. (Well, maybe PowerStone 1 & 2 when they were new). And I suck at this game. I lose most of my matches. I should hate it. But I don't. Because it has incredible mechanics and it just feels fun. Well done, Sega.
That's also de greatness of Virtua Fighter. When you lost you don't want to quit, you want to overcome the situation and try play better. I think there is no other game able to do that. 2D fighter are so frame-combo-timing specific that you have to study them super hard to win at them. DoA is fun but if like simplified VF heavy relying on counters, and not much to say about Tekken or SC since I have not been into those since the early 2000s. But here, you can see why you lost, what can you try and what to change in the next match.

Also, you have to master the stages. This game is everything good about FS but nicer and with better online.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Sad but true. Even though it's not a good value for the full price, and even though I thought it would be better than Final Showdown, aaaaannnd even though I said I wasn't sure if I regretted buying it from a quality standpoint, I'm still happy to support VF5US if we can possibly get a VF6 or better yet a VF reboot out of it.
As long as people people support the game and stress the importance of supporting the game, I'm cool with any criticism really. That's the only part that REALLY matters to me.

I think some people just had really unrealistic expectations of the game (not a diss to you otbr87, I totally get how someone could prefer FS based on difference of appearance in characters alone). At least for me, I just wanted the best fighting game ever made available on modern platforms at 1080p, the graphical rework was simply icing on the cake.

After a lose strike of 10 matches I have drop for now Sarah at 2nd Dan and move to Jacky, climb him quickly to 1st Dan. Also it looks like the second character you use starts on a higher rank than the 1st one, I started at 5th Kyu

Back