Ghost of Tsushima.

And screenshot time
Ghost-of-Tsushima-20210106235353.png

Ghost-of-Tsushima-20210106234053.png

Ghost-of-Tsushima-20210106234141.png

Ghost-of-Tsushima-20210106233532.png

I only finished the first like story chapter in that mode. I played it solo and wasnt sure how stressful it will become later.
Do they want you to play it multiplayer, are there mechanics that clearly are designed for two players or more
or is it possible to finish all of it solo?
(in a normal gameplay way, not with some cheese tactics)

I'm not a big coop / multiplayer guy because i'm always looking around everywhere for secrets or nice looking scenery etc
in the meantime all the other players already rushed to the next target.
Both the story mode chapters and the survival waves(best option IMO)are intended to be played multiplayer, but if you're really good you can play solo through all of it, just turn off matchmaking when entering the stage. Iyo's 3 chapter story has to have other players and is brutally difficult with little reward(worth watching on youtube if curious about it though). I can't recommend the story chapters or the survival mode enough. I do not play games online at all either, I prefer playing by myself rather than online with strangers, but I must admit GoT Legends multiplayer was great. I played hundreds of times and only had one asshole the entire time, but either way there's friendly fire(so to speak)and the worst the other players can do is leave the session. In most cases, players work together and help each other as everything is designed to be played that way, and if you get to the harder difficulties you HAVE to work together or the level won't be able to be completed. I paid for PS Plus just to experience this game mode and it was well worth it. I'd play Legends with you and let you take your time(that's my style too), but I just got rid of my most recent PS4 a week or so ago. In my experience, most of the other rookie level players on Bronze mode move slowly throughout the chapters, once you go to Silver its a bit more rushed. Survival waves you won't have much time to look around but the levels are easy to navigate. As for secrets, there are chests you can open for bigger enemies to approach with greater rewards, most skilled players encourage playing the levels thoroughly. Best of all, if you don't like using a headset, or don't want to listen to the other players on the headset, you can mute. However, I played for a few weeks before discovering the mute button and most people in this particular game don't use a headset at all. There's in game commands from the d-pad that you can communicate with other players if you need help, you're on your way or other signals. In most cases there is a lot of respect going back n forth where other players will bow and thank you or play their flutes after defeating the enemy waves or completing the chapter and heading into the portal.

I'm still waiting for Assassins Creed Japan, like 15th century or whatever.
I just love the setting and when i imagine a game world like AC Odyssey
with these big and alive cities and villages but set in feudal japan ... that just sounds awesome.

Not even because i'm a fan of AC, i dont like these typical open world fetch quest and thousands of menues stuff
but the atmosphere could still be amazing. Thats something that Tsushima doesnt have because of the setting,
big and alive towns. I want a scenery where not everything is hostile.
Imagine the different skilltrees like samurai, shinobi, archer, ronin, monk ...

And i think its really weird that it doesnt exist yet. I mean Assassins Creed,
a game about assassins and secret pacts, groups etc
and we got stuff like the american revolution or vikings ... but no ninja/shinobi setting ... ?
I dont get it. So even with Sekiro, Nioh, Tsushima, i'm still waiting for that AC Japan game.

Just tried the 60fps mode out a bit it really interesting. Not sure if it just my imagination and I just got better by blaming that game for many many hours last summer, or maybe it is really the higher framerate that makes blocking and evading the more powerful attacks more easily. During my first run I had my troubles with the Mongols armed with spears but this time the evading feels more feasible.

Its 29,99 for the upgrade from base PS4 to PS5 DC edition.
Thats pretty expensive for a upgrade path, isnt it?

There will also be a new free patch for everyone
which includes new photo mode options, more controller options,
a option to hide the quiver and a lock on target feature in battle

I could handle another playthrough with this Directors Cut...plus I'm curious to check out the new island.

I was holding back on downloading on PS5 anyways...I was keen to check this game out at 60fps at some point, but the Directors Cut just confirmed I'll wait and do the $29 upgrade. Maybe go for the 2nd Platinum.

Its 29,99 for the upgrade from base PS4 to PS5 DC edition.
Thats pretty expensive for a upgrade path, isnt it?

Maybe yes maybe no. Way too early to tell. We do not know how muc bigger the game is going to be with the extra island. If the extra campaign is long enough combined with the bennefits it is a good deal.

Maybe yes maybe no. Way too early to tell. We do not know how muc bigger the game is going to be with the extra island. If the extra campaign is long enough combined with the bennefits it is a good deal.
I agree that it's too early to tell, but if there's at least an additional 5 or 6 hours of gameplay on the new island alone it's well worth the $30 upgrade even without the other features. For those who have been sleeping on buying this game in the last year them buying it for the first time at $70 on PS5 is a great deal, for those of us that bought it on PS4 for $60 at launch that will now end up paying another $30 for the PS5 upgrade it's still a really solid deal all things considered over a year later. There's enough bonus content to justify the cost with the new island being added on the swansong platform exclusive title from last gen. For some contrast, last month people were paying $30 (myself included)for Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown exclusive to a last gen console, a game that is a mediocre refresh of a really good game from a retro console in 2006. The Ghost upgrade sounds and looks well worth the money upon first impression.

Ok, aside from the unrealistic pointless complaint that Ghost of Tsushima is not making it's way to Xbox, I do have one...only one....legitimate complaint about what I'm seeing with the GoT Directors Cut release: It's coming out the same week as Kena Bridge of Spirits!! Where will I find the time to play these both thoroughly within a 4 day period!

In all seriousness, I cannot contain the excitement for both titles within one week. One looks like it very well could be the best new IP in the last 20 years, and one is an expansion to the actual best new IP in the last 20 years all happening in a 4 day period! This may be a once in a lifetime experience, though with the potential of the Xbox Series X and PS5 console generation, I hope this is just the beginning of video games becoming an amazing evolutionary outlet of story telling that goes far beyond basic entertainment.

I think it is pretty expensive in direct comparison.
You can get many of these upgraded features (like new 4K 60fps, faster loading, controller features etc)
for free on PS5 if you already own the PS4 version. Nioh 2, FF7R, Snowrunner and other games
that let you upgrade your PS4 version to a real PS5 version completely for free.
And as another example the FF7R DLC is 19,99 USD and is about 7-8 hours (on hard 10-12 hours) long.

So sure, maybe that Tsushima DLC addon is really big and long
but i kind of doubt that because the island that its based on
is about half the size of Tsushimas southern ingame region.
Which means it will probably hit the same 7, 8, 9, 10 hour mark.
If thats the case than i truly think that 29,99 is too expensive.

The Witcher 3 season pass was 24,99 and you received two story DLCs
with about 30 hours of gameplay.

The professional whiners, ahem, I mean critics are at it already. This dude calls the Directors Cut a 'game of the year edition' and glosses over the fact that it's offering a hefty amount of content for the price. It's no secret that Xbox usually has a better value system than PlayStation when it comes to upgrading not only console equipment costs but the Smart Delivery aspect. If PS5 owners were paying $30 to upgrade only the haptic feedback, 4K framerates and other performance related aspects only I'd agree that this is highway robbery as Xbox Smart Delivery just gives those upgrades to the Series X/S users on select titles. In reality this game is giving an entire new island, new story mode, more accessories for Jin, bonus footage and features as well as the performance enhancements and people are still complaining about this. Did we all forget they gave us the Legends multiplayer last fall for FREE! They could have easily charged $20-$30 for Legends but they didn't. Game creators need to be paid for their content when its fresh stuff that doesn't hide behind a paywall, look at old school PC expansion packs back in the 90s and early 00s, they were usually the same price as this. I paid $40 for Half Life Blue Shift in the late 90s and it was trash, but it was still something people had to work on to create, and time is money.

ikishima.jpg

I really treasure the attention to detail and realism in Ghost of Tsushima. This image from Google Maps shows just how close Tsushima and Iki Island are to one another in real life. I hope we get a sequel someday in a new location and preferably with a new lead character since Jin's story is mostly concluded, but for an expansion pack with Jin, this looks perfect upon first impression.

It is too early to say it is too expensive. We do not know the quality of the extra campaign. And we do not know how much the game was improved.If the improvements are various and the extra campaign is good it is a ok.

I really think most of the whiners are rather young and were born in the 90s or even later. They were not gamers in the old days that is for sure. If such people were around Capcom would have went bankrupt decdes ago. With their different street fighter 2 versions of all consoles known to man.

I also bough the classic Resident Evil 1 and the directors cut. Was more expensive then the Directors Cut of Ghost of Tsushima. I also bought Code Veronica twice. I have it once for the Dreamcast and once for the PS2 in the X Variant for the addentional Weskers Scenes. i also bought various add ones for the pc. Were also not very cheap. In most cases did not regret though. But people born in the 90s or later cannot understand that.

They want everything for free and do not get it that they are screwed. Nothing in life is for free. And with their freeloader attiude they encourage the gaming companies to go full cloud and abandom ownership for good. They not care ghat paying the companies every month for the honor to use their games is more expensive in the long run than to purchase a good once for higher price.

Last edited:
If the base game is 60 € / USD for a 20, 30, 40 hour game
then 30 USD / € for a higher ingame screen resolution, new controller features
and a 7, 8, 9 hour campaign is not a fair price when you already bought the game once
in a time where the next gen console didnt even exist yet.

If thats a fair price, then the base game should cost 240 USD / €
because it has 4 times the content, right?
So how come that the Witcher 3 season pass was 24,99 and you got two DLCs for it
worth 30 hours or more of content?
Nioh 1 and 2 season pass 24,99 with three DLCs each worth over 20 hours of content.

This whole 'its a PS5 version' thing doesnt mean anything right now
because 'PS5 version' doesnt mean anything else than
its the PS4 version running in a higher ingame screen resolution
(they changed it from 1440p to dynamic 4K)
and then look how high you can push the dynamic resolution without tanking the framerate.
That doesnt take weeks or months. The japanese lipsync is the work of an AI,
its not made by hand. As far as i can tell by that trailer, they didnt even improve
the LOD in the distance for the nature. You can still see the flat ground in the distance.
Also no improvements on texture filtering.

So i 100% stand by my decision that i think 30 USD is too expensive
if the story DLC is 7, 8, 9 hours long. That is not enough
to ask for 50% of the full price again just because they unlocked some
next gen console features with it.

Back