IGN gives Death Stranding a 6.8 review score

Kojima is a real creative. Like Yu Suzuki.
Creatives have visions and take risks to realize them. And sometimes those risks are big.
We can also say Shenmue is divisive, and that doesn't stop thousands of people from absolutely adoring the game.
Same with DS.
Wish nothing but the best to Kojima. Sure someone has to be corageous to try something new and different, even risking being misunderstood or being seen in a bad light by many.

Like the very own Suzuki said. If people don't take risks and try something new, there is no evolution.
Yep to all this, even if i hate the game i will be happy something with such a high budget didnt dumb itself down to appeal to a wider margin and double down on such a divisive playstyle.

Okey well the digital foundry tech review got me hyped for this game. Maybe it's boring, maybe it's tedious, but damn if that review didn't make me reminisce about being amazed at the technical aspects of MGS2 when I was a kid. I probably won't be able to get it for a while since working a full time job and studying doesn't leave me with much free time and the free time I do have will go in to shenmue 3 for quite some time. But once that's done I'll probably get this game.

Sums up perfectly my pessimism around the reviews.

Yea, I really don't see how a game can have such objectively bad gameplay, so much so the case, you admit to such, yet you're still rating it like one of the best games ever made or even rating it very good.

I think Kojima would just be so much better off, making a VN instead(doesn't need to be the simple, super traditional format either, but yea a VN) of forcing gameplay elements that consistently keeps fighting each other, to pad out the game(which It's 100% obvious, that's the only reason the "gameplay" is there to beginwith).

Kojima could've focused more on the story, and characters. It would've made it easier to flesh out the other characters/world as well.

Sure you probally couldn't sell it for 60, but at 40 it would fly off the shelves, and even with the overpaid hollywood nonsense in it, would be way cheaper to make as well, so it would definitely work better on that front too.

I did not hate Kojima before. But after the IGN gives Death Stranding 6.8 score, I read a review, it said:
Kojima Production is a new company, and for its first work , Kojima did make a great job in limited resources.
LOL. Kojima only have limited resources. FUCK.

I did not hate Kojima before. But after the IGN gives Death Stranding 6.8 score, I read a review, it said:
Kojima Production is a new company, and for its first work , Kojima did make a great job in limited resources.
LOL. Kojima only have limited resources. FUCK.

Lol yea, limited resources my ass. DS is not only being funded heavily by Sony, but Kojma sold ad placements within his actual game.

Last edited:
SONY and those stupid fucking social media just want to make Kojima like a godfather.
And make those innocent player to buy more Kojima games and attract people attention, for more subscribe and reply.
Kojima is a genius, is god, I know.
But when someone just talk about some a little bit confusion for its previous trailer, those stupid retard just said: "You don't know about Kojima. For every scene, it has its unique connotation. You don't like it just because you are stupid and can not read the meaning from the scene."
And when the IGN give a very shocking 6.8 score for Death Stranding. Those retard starts to attack IGN, but never watch the whole review, they just care about the stupid 6.8 score

Some people even said that Death Stranding just like Shenmue. It have review problem just because it innovate the game industry.
I did know how 'Shenmue' works as a word.
When you try to avoid some review problem for your game, you just need to say: "It just Shenmue"

Coincident with the review problem with Death Stranding, the FUCKING STUPID ASSHOLE Playstation twitter post a review for Yu Suzuki. And also, the Playstation Barzil, Canada, Spanish, Europe also post the review for Yu Suzuki.
And this morning, the Playstation post the review again.
Maybe they just want to make Yu Suzuki become a godfather again. Just to make some money.

Some people even said that Death Stranding just like Shenmue. It have review problem just because it innovate the game industry.
I did know how 'Shenmue' works as a word.
When you try to avoid some review problem for your game, you just need to say: "It just Shenmue"

to those trying to link shenmue and death stranding, i would argue that suzuki never disregarded the gamers experiance unlike kojima. yes shenmue can be boring but thats because he was trying to replicate the real world in a game (trying to balance exciting action and the mundane of real life).. suzuki never created apart of shenmue 1 or 2 to be repetitive with no point or reason other than to draw out the game.. and more importantly suzuki made his games fun.

They build a god, want the god to make those fucking money or more subscribe for them.
When the god just have a little bit problem, they want to destroy and scold at the god. Want to make the god become a fucking lier or a piece of shit. Because it can make money and more subscribe for them.
Just like 20 years ago, Yu Suzuki become a god for Sega. Sega make him likes a god.
But when Shenmue failed, even it is not Yu suzuki fault. Because there are so many variable to affect a console and game failure.
They start to destroy Yu Suzuki. Make him like a criminal because they said Yu Suzuki make SEGA bankrupt.
Now Kojima become a god, they praise him, adore him, those fucking Youtubers and social media make Kojima just like a fucking Jesus.
And now, those asshole start to said:
Death Stranding have review problem?

After the stupid IGN give Death Stranding 6.8 score, it only passed 45-46 hours.
But there are some fucking social media start to destroy the Death Stranding to make subscribe for them.
Even the game is still not released. LOL.

Coincident with the review problem with Death Stranding, the FUCKING STUPID ASSHOLE Playstation twitter post a review for Yu Suzuki. And also, the Playstation Barzil, Canada, Spanish, Europe also post the review for Yu Suzuki.
And this morning, the Playstation post the review again.
Maybe they just want to make Yu Suzuki become a godfather again. Just to make some money.
Calm your posts down. Any more of that tone and that will be an official warning.

Last edited:
I never trust any of IGN's reviews. Their average review is 8 and they give this game a 6.8? Get the fuck out of here.

Yeah I don't trust IGN much either...I mean they gave MGS5 a 10 out of 10 (how anyone could give what is essentially an unfinished product a perfect score is beyond me)

But I'm not just basing my opinion on the reviews. I'm basing it on the fact that the game itself really hasn't sold me on it. The reviews are just further confirmation that all the red flags I've seen in advance about this game may have been true.

The reaction from the fanboys has been hilarious though.

MGS5 gets 10 out of 10 from most outlets and they wave it around proudly in your face as if it means something.

Death Stranding gets some mediocre reviews and suddenly the same outlets are all "full of shit" and "they just don't get Kojima's genius"

It's been a fun weekend watching the Hardcore Kojima fanboys melt down :D

Last edited:
their main reason for the review score is that the game did not "guide" them.
Really.
What about this:
- grueling exercise in frustration.
- exhausting.
- stubborn movements
- insultingly holow
- causing anxiety instead of terror.
- torturous
- shockingly easy
- pretty dull
- need to work incredible hard to enjoy it

And dont forget when he says the inventory system is BS, the fights with BTs are BS and when he says that the mains story mission are like the optional missions of any open world game.

Back