Kickstarter Rewards Pictures

I just found this in my hard drive.

DSC_4560 signature de Yu Suzuki poster kickstarter 2000p.jpg

You would know what happened to these artworks. This wasn't cardboard paper initially.

Last edited:
I got my illustration today. I’m still miffed we never got to see Ryo in that traditional Chinese garb as part of the story.

famitsuart.png

These are great. Really like them.

I just found this in my hard drive.

View attachment 7413

You would know what happened to these artworks. This wasn't cardboard paper initially.

Either for higher tiers or just a PR shot. No way in hell he'd sign em at his desk like that, they'd have a table set up with stacks or boxes of "to be signed". After signing, each would probably be laid flat on its own for a minute or two, before being collected by someone else (y'know, to prevent possible smudging)

They also probably thought that the image we got represented Shenmue III better than the other image, and tbf - though I haven't played it yet - I'd agree. The image in your photo has more Project Berkley-era vibes imo. It does look nice though.

I'm sure that when things have settled down a little in about a year he'd be more than happy to sign anything you send to him.

EDIT: Unless it's summat daft like a tube of lube.

The more I look at that image and wonder, id say that could have been a testing image. Or they decided against it, at a given point through the process.

Looking at YS signing that, I am starting to wonder if the signature might have been too hard to read, given the sketching nature of Miyawaki-sans image, I am struggling to see the actual signature YS has made on that paper.

Just received my signed illustration. Very happy with it, and fulfills a childhood dream of getting Yu's signature. I'll frame and hang it when I have space for a gaming room.

Mine came in as well! :D

Not sure if I will frame it or not at this point, but it'll definitely go on the 'mue shelf, for now :)

Finally found the photo of the guy who bought the original Ryo's jacket. His name is Masaki Shirai:

View attachment 7449
Seems he’s a fairly big deal:
On November 28, 2014, it was announced that the band would be signed to Universal Music Japan, starting from their single "Wataridori / Dracula la" (ワタリドリ, Dracula la) that was released in 2015.[6] Subsequent album and singles since 2015 have been released by Universal Music Japan.[7]

In 2018, their song "Mosquito Bite" was used as the theme for the live-action film adaptation of Bleach.[8] That same year, the band also contributed the theme song ("Arpeggio") and ending theme ("Your Song") to the Sega video game Judgment.

Ah you beat me to it. I never heard of the band, but I really did like the music they did for Judgment.

See? It is possible to like Shenmue and Yakuza/RGG games ;)

Ah you beat me to it. I never heard of the band, but I really did like the music they did for Judgment.

See? It is possible to like Shenmue and Yakuza/RGG games ;)
I like both. My favorite will always be Shenmue, but I've played Yakuza 0-6 and loved them all to varying degrees. 0 is my favorite and a SEGA masterpiece, in my opinion.

Back