Kickstarter Update #101 - E3 Participation

Seriously?

Not much visual maybe, but content wise? There were a TON of new information from Edge article and MAGIC previews or Weekly Famitsu interview. The fact that not everything becomes mainstream doesn't mean there aren't new information.
And let's not forget the Reboot conference with new screenshots and information.

I was talking about new screens. For example, Edge featured Gamescom 2017 screens in the majority of their world exclusive preview.

Edit: Sorry, to clarify better, I was NOT criticising anything about those previews. I loved them! I was only referring tomboz's point that the media would not do previews without screens to go with the articles. I know we got one new screen with the Edge preview, but nearly all of the other screenshots were ones we had seen before from 2017.

Prolly late to the party but I think a video or in-game tease woulda made this post a great damage control for update 100. Awesome Japan shoulda tried harder with DS PR team. Almost seems like their C&P without realizing they are the KS exclusive PR team. They are supposed to help backers swallow these hard-pills. Did we scared em too hard or sumthin? :oops:

Well I don't know about you guys but I am looking forward to E3! Even if we don't get any new screenshots we might get some new info which is always a treat! I am somewhat disheartened by the news yesterday but I guess it's all the more reason to try harder to make Shenmue 3 a success!

After nearly four years of the insanity from the Kickstarter comments section, I am regularly surprised updates are not just strings of telling people to go fuck themselves.

I made the mistake to check the comments indeed. What's with those coins ? Are people seriously getting mad for 2 inch plastic replica of the mirror ?

I was talking about new screens. For example, Edge featured Gamescom 2017 screens in the majority of their world exclusive preview.

Edit: Sorry, to clarify better, I was NOT criticising anything about those previews. I loved them! I was only referring tomboz's point that the media would not do previews without screens to go with the articles. I know we got one new screen with the Edge preview, but nearly all of the other screenshots were ones we had seen before from 2017.
A little different when the publication is given a world exclusive. I get where you’re coming from, but comparing Edge to E3 is like chalk and cheese. Timing and access are very very different.

I made the mistake to check the comments indeed. What's with those coins ? Are people seriously getting mad for 2 inch plastic replica of the mirror ?
Don't try and make sense of it. It's trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls. It's an infinite prism of shitty people with too much time on their hands, who just so happen to congregate in a Kickstarter comments section like it's a networking event at a convention for lead poisoning sufferers.

Don't try and make sense of it. It's trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls. It's an infinite prism of shitty people with too much time on their hands, who just so happen to congregate in a Kickstarter comments section like it's a networking event at a convention for lead poisoning sufferers.
It's a shame there is 0 moderation, not sure if that's on Ys Net or Kickstarter but either way it's not a good look for one of Kickstarter's biggest projects to be nothing but nonsense rhymes about Yu drinking wine and crying about coins. Pretty sad that some of these people post so often too, quite the lives they must live.

I'm really hoping that the lack of compensation we got with the Delayed Announcement is due to a bigger presence at E3. I understand noting the delay before E3, as they don't want their E3 presence to be overrun by that news alone... but gee, If E comes along and the Gameplay Demonstration is Exclusive to a closed door audience there I'm going to be pretty pissed.

I want a decent 3-5 mintue trailer & if there is a Gameplay Demonstration, I want to see it - I think this is more due to there already been a demonstration showed to the press already.

I was also hoping that the game would get a big E3 presence but after the delay I am not expecting much. They cannot showecase much of the game because it is not ready yet. I expect bigger News at the gamescom and the TGS. But let's wait and see

Honestly: Dont come expecting anything at E3 except previews from journos. I expect the marketing push to happen at Gamescom now. 3 months before launch.

We're getting an E3 trailer if we're lucky. Maybe we're getting the Ryo and Master trailer at E3, but the long version this time (we have the short one only).

I'm really hoping that the lack of compensation we got with the Delayed Announcement is due to a bigger presence at E3. I understand noting the delay before E3, as they don't want their E3 presence to be overrun by that news alone... but gee, If E comes along and the Gameplay Demonstration is Exclusive to a closed door audience there I'm going to be pretty pissed.

I want a decent 3-5 mintue trailer & if there is a Gameplay Demonstration, I want to see it - I think this is more due to there already been a demonstration showed to the press already.

I hope so too, I also hope I'm not painting a picture of just being that doom and gloom guy, after all I am a famous radio psychiatrist from Seattle trying to make everyone's lives that much better - but I think everything you're dreaming after will unfortunately be halved or maybe even quartered in reality.

I want a decent 3-5 minute trailer so bad, with GAMEPLAY. However I (along with fellow fans) have been witness to 4 years of info tidbits, weird marketing reveals and odd media meetings. I really hope that being at this stage in production, having Deep Silver being more vocal and it being E3, that we might see something more premium this time.

I'll be here until then, watching, reading and of course ...... listening.

Last edited:
Can't get over how good those capsule toy renditions of Yu, Ryo, and Shenhua look.

They're just really... nice, y'know?

I know, right ? I'd be mad as hell if these aren't in the game. They HAVE to be in the game. Give me a secret gacha machine where Ryo has funny reaction that there's a gacha machine about him and many other protagonists, where we can hear his opinion.

Back